Doubt silica gel

gamer87

7 hours ago, gamer87 said:

silica gel blue satured pink release water or liquid compound When it is stored for many years at room temperature and humidity will it crack and release liquid?

No.

4 hours ago, gamer87 said:

You said that the water in the silica gel is adsorbed. Is this related to possible liquid leaks when it breaks or ages, releasing water?

No.

9 hours ago, exchemist said:

No.

No.

What proves that pink saturated blue silica gel will not release liquid water if it remains stored at room temperature and humidity and if it cracks? there is liquid water inside the pink silica gel

48 minutes ago, gamer87 said:

What proves that pink saturated blue silica gel will not release liquid water if it remains stored at room temperature and humidity and if it cracks? there is liquid water inside the pink silica gel

Because it is adsorbed on the surface. It is stuck to it and only heat will dislodge it.

3 hours ago, exchemist said:

Because it is adsorbed on the surface. It is stuck to it and only heat will dislodge it.

the surface you are referring to if it is damaged or cracked is the water released? the silica gel material gets old over the years does it affect the adsorption?

Edited by gamer87

38 minutes ago, gamer87 said:

the surface you are referring to if it is damaged or cracked is the water released? the silica gel material gets old over the years does it affect the adsorption?

No. The surface I am referring to is the enormous surface area of the micropores in the gel, not just the visible surface of the beads. This stuff is like a sponge, full of microscopic tubes and holes, and water is adsorbed on all the internal surfaces. It make no difference if a bead splits in half or something. You can read more about what silica gel is and how it works here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silica_gel  

Edited by exchemist

37 minutes ago, exchemist said:

No. The surface I am referring to is the enormous surface area of the micropores in the gel, not just the visible surface of the beads. This stuff is like a sponge, full of microscopic tubes and holes, and water is adsorbed on all the internal surfaces. It make no difference if a bead splits in half or something. You can read more about what silica gel is and how it works here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silica_gel  

+1

Sometimes I recovered blue silica gel by heating it in the microwave at maximum power for 3 minutes (pink for blue) but I read that this is not the correct procedure. This procedure may have damaged the Adsorption structure of the silica gel and the silica gel with this damage will start to release water liquid at room temperature and humidity?

Edited by gamer87

6 minutes ago, gamer87 said:

Sometimes I recovered blue silica gel by heating it in the microwave at maximum power for 3 minutes (pink for blue) but I read that this is not the correct procedure. This procedure may have damaged the Adsorption structure of the silica gel and the silica gel with this damage will start to release water liquid at room temperature and humidity?

NO. It is a dessicant. It has an affinity for water. They love each so much and it takes energy to separate them.

I read that microwave at full power for 3 minutes is too strong for silica gel and I thought that this could affect the chemical adsorption structure of silica gel making silica gel leaking liquid absorbed in any situation without heating

forno_microondas_pratica_finisher_1000w_

38 minutes ago, gamer87 said:

I read that microwave at full power for 3 minutes is too strong for silica gel and I thought that this could affect the chemical adsorption structure of silica gel making silica gel leaking liquid absorbed in any situation without heating

forno_microondas_pratica_finisher_1000w_

Yes, we know what a microwave oven looks like.

Your question has been fully answered, several times now. You are behaving like a neurotic timewaster. Kindly stop this nonsense.