Are UAPs/UFOs finally being taken seriously?

Moontanman

19 hours ago, npts2020 said:

Unless you are planning on staging a fake "alien" landing so that a "more advanced authority" can tell humans what to do. Doing the bidding of god seems to be losing some of its attraction. 

Or using UAPs as a political distraction or to justify more money for "the space command". It bothers me that the very people we know are dishonest sacks of steaming monkey shit, ie Trumpers, are now suddenly telling the truth about something as ethereal and in need of real study as UAPs. 

I don't buy it, nothing but smoke and mirrors, keep your eye on the money!  

On 8/26/2023 at 1:18 PM, mistermack said:

No, I was trying to illustrate why a cover up would be unlikely, and hence the visits by aliens would also be an unlikely scenario. 

If alien visits WERE known by the government, that would mean they've indulged in a hugely elaborate cover up including paying for pointless research into alien life on Mars and exoplanets.

I'm not sure that is true though. Even if aliens were visiting (i'm not advocating they are) then why would we still not explore our local neighbourhood anyway? 

The question would be why are we not using the so called captured technology to make it easier for us to explore our local neighbourhood?  The so called "whistle blowers" have claimed that the government has being back engineering this technology for over half a century, and included in that are claims of test flying anti gravity devices.

It all smells of a diversionary tactic to cover up advanced technology testing that is human in origin.  

5 minutes ago, Intoscience said:

I'm not sure that is true though. Even if aliens were visiting (i'm not advocating they are) then why would we still not explore our local neighbourhood anyway? 

The question would be why are we not using the so called captured technology to make it easier for us to explore our local neighbourhood?  The so called "whistle blowers" have claimed that the government has being back engineering this technology for over half a century, and included in that are claims of test flying anti gravity devices.

It all smells of a diversionary tactic to cover up advanced technology testing that is human in origin.  

No, it just smells of the usual credulity and yearning for mystery and occult knowledge that is such a tiresome feature of all societies. 

On 8/31/2023 at 8:39 AM, exchemist said:

No, it just smells of the usual credulity and yearning for mystery and occult knowledge that is such a tiresome feature of all societies. 

The problem is that the public cannot discern what is fact and what is fiction these days, especially so on subjects like this. People tend to buy into what ever is trendy at the time and with social media so accessible and also easily manipulated then the general public can be convinced of fiction over fact without much question. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Moontanman said:

The government of Mexico has on put on public display what they are saying is "alien bodies" not sure what to make if this. The Bodies don't look real to me, what do you think? 

Jamie Maussan, a UFO researcher, is showing this evidence TO the government of Mexico. He's the one making the claims, not the government of Mexico. That's the way I read this story.

8 hours ago, Moontanman said:

The government of Mexico has on put on public display what they are saying is "alien bodies" not sure what to make if this. The Bodies don't look real to me, what do you think? 

Not real.  I saw a news article on this...

https://apnews.com/article/extraterrestrials-ufo-mexico-congress-af7d54fabf3278ef83c39d899c457c76

In 2017, Maussan made similar claims in Peru, and a report by the country’s prosecutor’s office found that the bodies were actually “recently manufactured dolls, which have been covered with a mixture of paper and synthetic glue to simulate the presence of skin.”

They simply look too stereotypical.

With all the variety we see on Earth, what are the odds they'll look anything like us?

Could argue some commonalities are going to be necessary for a space faring race. Tool usage and social behaviour for example, but beyond that? 

Edited by Endy0816

16 hours ago, Moontanman said:

The government of Mexico is not saying any such thing. They are conducting an enquiry, that is all, and this apparent fraudster* Jaime Maussan has presented these objects as evidence.  It should hardly need saying that you need to be extremely circumspect about YouTube videos. 

* QUOTE: In 2015, Maussan, who reported the existence of the "Nazca mummy," led an event called "Be Witness," at which a mummified body, purportedly of an alien, was unveiled. However, Maussan's alleged "alien" discovery was later debunked, and the mummified corpse was shown to be that of a human child. UNQUOTE 

From: https://www.snopes.com/news/2023/09/13/alien-corpses-mexican-congress/

P.S. I see, from later on in that linked article, that Avi Loeb has got in on the act again - though not in relation to these dodgy dolls - airing his speculative ideas about Oumuamua.

Edited by exchemist

Image result for e.t. the extra-terrestrial

9 hours ago, Endy0816 said:

They simply look too stereotypical.

With all the variety we see on Earth, what are the odds they'll look anything like us?

Could argue some commonalities are going to be necessary for a space faring race. Tool usage and social behaviour for example, but beyond that? 

hmmm... uncannily

The sad thing being that all this does is fuel the stigma surrounding aliens and the possibility of their existence. 

Edited by Intoscience

They looked so fake to me I was stunned to see them presented as real. This whole UAP thing has gone from a sometimes interesting dog and pony show to the "Greatest show on Earth circus" The Garush guy who came out gave me "lying sack of steaming monkey shit" vibes from the beginning. Once they included Skinwalker ranch in the earlier "revelation" and the ultra rich guy who was running the investigation on the government's dime I knew it was just another layer of BS. Then the right wing politicians began to glom onto the idea... nothing but a feeble attempt at distraction from the crazy republican agenda. I am surprised that MTG and Lauren Boebert aren't dancing in circles around a bonfire howling at the moon over this one.    

And yes... I am ashamed to have been sucked in by this. 

Edited by Moontanman

18 hours ago, TheVat said:

One thing I liked about Arrival was that the aliens, "heptapods," were not remotely humanoid, or even terrestrial looking.  

Agreed,

Going back to this recent claim

image.jpeg.d2a14d58c1aa83a5b18d1e88126f0a41.jpeg

Either the film makers of close encounters knew something no one else did, or the person making these claims is very unimaginative!

I read that the latest NASA report on UAPs states that they have no reason to believe that any of the UAPs are non terrestrial. However, they do go on to state that the findings are inconclusive and many of the phenomena remain unknown both in construct and in origin. they also state that some of the evidence suggests that some of the objects are not moving as fast as reported and maybe just "drifting" with currents.

This last part I find rather odd and I'm not convinced. Many of the objects where witnessed on multiple occasions by various experienced air force personal. I find it hard to believe that they would all mis-construe what they witnessed. 

I do however remain sceptical of "alien" visitations. But I'm not in the club of completely ruling them out. What may convince me more to join the "believers" is if we discovered new physics which may allow for, or at least theorise, a plausible practical method of long-distance short time space travel by meaningful physical objects. 

1 hour ago, Intoscience said:

Agreed,

Going back to this recent claim

image.jpeg.d2a14d58c1aa83a5b18d1e88126f0a41.jpeg

Either the film makers of close encounters knew something no one else did, or the person making these claims is very unimaginative!

I read that the latest NASA report on UAPs states that they have no reason to believe that any of the UAPs are non terrestrial. However, they do go on to state that the findings are inconclusive and many of the phenomena remain unknown both in construct and in origin. they also state that some of the evidence suggests that some of the objects are not moving as fast as reported and maybe just "drifting" with currents.

This last part I find rather odd and I'm not convinced. Many of the objects where witnessed on multiple occasions by various experienced air force personal. I find it hard to believe that they would all mis-construe what they witnessed. 

I do however remain sceptical of "alien" visitations. But I'm not in the club of completely ruling them out. What may convince me more to join the "believers" is if we discovered new physics which may allow for, or at least theorise, a plausible practical method of long-distance short time space travel by meaningful physical objects. 

Agree with much of this -  except that I am not convinced by the "experienced air force personnel" argument, which is one that is frequently aired.  These military people are not trained in careful evaluation of data in a scientific manner, but in quick evaluations biased towards the detection of potential adversaries. It has been shown in several cases that they can be wrong, due to being misled by such effects as parallax. But this has come to light as a result of careful analysis after the event. 

I must say I am a sceptic about the whole thing, due to there being only a tiny residue, in % terms, of unexplained cases, while the vast majority have been shown to be nothing special. What it seems to me this conclusively shows is there is a great capacity for human beings to misinterpret what they think they see, even aided by instruments. This, I think, is the only tangible outcome of all this research effort. 

I have nothing against the exercise of evaluating those outstanding cases, where the data permits it. But we should not fool ourselves: there will always be a residue of unexplained incidents, simply through lack of data to determine what was responsible. For this reason, it will always remain impossible to convince the confirmed believers that there is nothing out there cf. JFK, Diana, Bermuda Triangle, etc.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.