Please name some practical solutions to combat littering.

17 minutes ago, TheVat said:

Had to Google this.  Wow.  $500-1000 fine for first offense and then it doubles again.  Seems to fit your falls heavier on the poor scenario.  Admit that I laughed when I got to the trafficking penalties.  Gum trafficking, what a concept.  

The better story I should’ve referenced instead was how in 1994 they caned a 19 year old boy from Ohio USA with a hard ratan cane (I believe 6 lashes) for something like spray painting the door of someone’s parked car. 

25 minutes ago, Sensei said:

Welcome to China and its points system.

Has it helped litter go down at least?

Or are such effects lost in the noise of that broader social engineering experiment they’ve been conducting?

16 hours ago, Sensei said:

I don't believe that this system was installed to combat littering or minor misbehaviors..

It's designed to combat self expression, so by extention littering, everyone carries their own straining whip, and most people would prefer it was used on someone else; a little heavy handed but largely effective, until it's used as a weapon by the likes of Banksie, and classically backfires...

The only real solution, if you care, is to pick up some rubbish, and forget about who dropped it...

1 hour ago, AIkonoklazt said:

$1,000,000 a pop for those special snowflakes.

At what graduated wealth thresholds are you recommending the snowflakes will progressively melt? 

Just now, AIkonoklazt said:

99% of their wealth for the fine

They can afford it

You didn’t understand my question, or if you did I don’t understand your answer 

Simplified: what is the wealth threshold for paying $1M vs $100?

1 hour ago, iNow said:

You didn’t understand my question, or if you did I don’t understand your answer 

Simplified: what is the wealth threshold for paying $1M vs $100?

Wouldn't have to do that if you just do it as a percentage at tax time, it's "litter tax"

Think you asking this sorta stuff is missing the forest for the trees

Trees. Forests. Timbers, whatever. You suggested different thresholds for different people. Unless you’re not serious, I’m curious which people will be asked to pay which fines. We shouldn’t have to guess at it. 

8 hours ago, AIkonoklazt said:

Like, everyone?

Like I've said, a percentage "litter tax."

Are we going to argue about the "litter tax brackets" now?

Only if you don't understand the difference between a tythe and a tax...

10 hours ago, AIkonoklazt said:

Like I've said, a percentage "litter tax."

Well, that's what you say now. It isn't what you said that prompted iNow's request for more information.

Wouldn't it have been easier to say "Upon further consideration I'm modifying my position on how to apply litter penalties" instead of hoping no one would notice when you moved the goalposts?

4 hours ago, zapatos said:

Well, that's what you say now. It isn't what you said that prompted iNow's request for more information.

Wouldn't it have been easier to say "Upon further consideration I'm modifying my position on how to apply litter penalties" instead of hoping no one would notice when you moved the goalposts?

How about no "goalpost" at all and say "I'll let the gummit figure out how to apply the financial penalty, since mere financial disincentive is what I offered in the first place"?

I buy the bonsai, you peeps can prune it