Jump to content

The pen is blue


Lan Todak
 Share

Recommended Posts

😃If I can't get charity from this site, can I get support from publisher? Is nyone here working on publishing company? I would like to publish my idea. If anyone could help me I will start a new topic right away 😃

Hi everyone...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Lan Todak said:

I would like to publish my idea.

Go ahead and present your idea, it will published here for all to read and it won't cost you anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lan Todak said:

😃If I can't get charity from this site, can I get support from publisher?

What kind of charity are you talking about? Do you want us to say, hey, good for you for having an idea, don't worry about the parts that aren't supported by science, just keep having those great thoughts! Is that the charity you want?

A publisher needs to profit somewhere, so you either have to write something that people will pay the publisher for, or you have to pay the publisher yourself. The best way to get support from a publisher of scientific publications is to write some good science. They love that. 

Iirc, you don't support your ideas very well. Any science publisher is going to want to see the evidence we've been asking you for. What would you tell them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most serious science that is published does not generate income for the author(s). On the contrary, it costs money to get published in scientific journals.

Popular science writing can generate some modest income, however. But for good writing that lets non-scientific people understand scientific things.

So if you just want to get your ideas out there, it's as Bufofrog says - publish it here. But keep in mind that you will have a critical audience. If you don't want that, start a blog somewhere and turn off comments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 11:19 PM, Phi for All said:

What kind of charity are you talking about? Do you want us to say, hey, good for you for having an idea, don't worry about the parts that aren't supported by science, just keep having those great thoughts! Is that the charity you want?

A publisher needs to profit somewhere, so you either have to write something that people will pay the publisher for, or you have to pay the publisher yourself. The best way to get support from a publisher of scientific publications is to write some good science. They love that. 

Iirc, you don't support your ideas very well. Any science publisher is going to want to see the evidence we've been asking you for. What would you tell them?

 

On 6/2/2022 at 11:50 PM, swansont said:

Most serious science that is published does not generate income for the author(s). On the contrary, it costs money to get published in scientific journals.

Popular science writing can generate some modest income, however. But for good writing that lets non-scientific people understand scientific things.

So if you just want to get your ideas out there, it's as Bufofrog says - publish it here. But keep in mind that you will have a critical audience. If you don't want that, start a blog somewhere and turn off comments.

My phone screen is broken. I will try to do that soon. Anyway i Aman activist.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you realize that you need to have something of value for people to encourage them to read your text?

 

Buy a website, with virtual hosting or a dedicated server. The cheapest one costs €4+VAT per month. 16 GB storage/1 Gbps *)

Upload your text there. You will quickly find out that no one is reading it by analyzing the log files..

You need to publish it and advertise it..

Unpleasant but cheap is sending unsolicited junk spam e-mails (but make a database of people who have already received the email!)..

A paid option, but one that reaches people who are more interested in the topic, is Google AdWords. Essentially, you're buying keywords related to your site's content.

Another free option is to spread your site's URL around the Internet, in forums like this one. On some of these you will be banned. In abandoned forums, you won't be. But search engines will find your site's URL, analyze its content, and rank it (e.g., Google Page Rank https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRank ).

The best solution is to intelligently combine all three options.

 

*) at least you will be able to use it as an HTTP proxy and/or VPN server and/or private storage (safer than corporate "boxes")...

 

Edited by Sensei
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.