Does Gauss's Law explain a Higgs field and universal inflation ?

Pbob

''The Higgs field is a field of energy that is thought to exist in every region of the universe. The field is accompanied by a fundamental particle known as the Higgs boson, which is used by the field to continuously interact with other particles, such as the electron.''

''In physics and electromagnetism, Gauss's law, also known as Gauss's flux theorem, (or sometimes simply called Gauss's theorem) is a law relating the distribution of electric charge to the resulting electric field. ''

\Phi_E = \frac{Q}{\varepsilon_0}

21 minutes ago, Pbob said:

''The Higgs field is a field of energy that is thought to exist in every region of the universe. The field is accompanied by a fundamental particle known as the Higgs boson, which is used by the field to continuously interact with other particles, such as the electron.''

''In physics and electromagnetism, Gauss's law, also known as Gauss's flux theorem, (or sometimes simply called Gauss's theorem) is a law relating the distribution of electric charge to the resulting electric field. ''

I don't know enough about the Higgs field to comment, I'm sorry.

Perhaps some others better aquainted with particle physics will comment on this.

But the Gauss' law you refer to has much much wider applications than electromagnetism.

It is a piece of pure mathematics expressing the fundamental theorem of calculus.

In Physics in various guises it appears in conservation laws as it applies to a conservative field.

59 minutes ago, Pbob said:

That quote seems to come from the simple Wiki. I must say it feels wrong to me. I don't see how one can ever speak of a "field of energy". Energy is not a physical entity, but a property of an entity. Whereas, to my understanding, fields are physical entities. If the Higgs field confers rest mass, then I guess by the same token it confers rest energy. 

But let's wait for someone to turn up who understands the Higgs field. I don't pretend to. Perhaps we can both be enlightened.

Edited by exchemist

43 minutes ago, studiot said:

I don't know enough about the Higgs field to comment, I'm sorry.

Perhaps some others better aquainted with particle physics will comment on this.

But the Gauss' law you refer to has much much wider applications than electromagnetism.

It is a piece of pure mathematics expressing the fundamental theorem of calculus.

In Physics in various guises it appears in conservation laws as it applies to a conservative field.

'' For the case of vacuum (aka free space), ε = ε0.''

It is my opinion that a possible Higgs field tries to conserve density but is forced to expand by the internal kE production and the possibility of an external force . Opinion based on  the possibilty there was never a time when there was an absence of free space . 

Q could describe a Higgs field if the HIggs field is some sort of nuclear field with a strong nuclear binding  force , that works  to conserve density . 

Edited by Pbob

52 minutes ago, swansont said:

Gauss’s law works because the potential for a point charge is 1/r (all other configurations are superpositions of that). I suspect that’s not the case for the Higgs.

Considering the Higgs field as a singularity and whole 

''a closed surface S enclosing any volume V, Q is the total charge enclosed within V, and ε0 is the electric constant.''

Would the answer be Q/V then or 1/V ? 

Would Q/V = 1/V ? 

Assuming the Higgs field is some sort of nuclear field with a strong nuclear binding force . 

Would \rho ={\frac {m}{V}} = 0 mass density ? 

Could the Higgs field have a mass of 1  if it could conserve its density ? 

Edited by Pbob

Considering the Higgs field as a singularity and whole 

What does that mean ?

Assuming the Higgs field is some sort of nuclear field with a strong nuclear binding force .

Why nuclear ?

Why assume ?

Higgs operates on isolated particles.

1 hour ago, Pbob said:

ε = ε0.''

Both epsilon and mu are tensors in the general case, not scalar constants.

Be warned that you only have 5 posts total in your first 24 hours here so don't waste them.

I look forward to learning more in the discussion after that.

:)

Edited by studiot

3 minutes ago, studiot said:

What does that mean ?

Why nuclear ?

Why assume ?

Higgs operates on isolated particles.

Both epsilon and mu are tensors in the general case, not scalar constants.

Be warned that you only have 5 posts total in your first 24 hours here so don't waste them.

I look forward to learning more in the discussion after that.

:)

Considering the Higgs field as a singularity and whole means the consideration of the Big bang singularity . I base a  strong nuclear binding force  on our present understanding of particle physics  . I assume the possible Higgs field must have a strong nuclear binding force because otherwise the 'conservation of form'  of the dimensions , would be instantly lost , converted into radiated energy hf/ε0 rather than a progression of form over time . 

This is my 5th post today , I look forward to more great discussison . 

22 hours ago, Sensei said:

Charge Q (in Coulombs, C unit) is integer multiply of e (elementary charge) (also in C).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elementary_charge

Q/V would have unit C/m^3

How would you describe the same physics except with a massless volume ? 

HIggs field divided by empty space I am trying to describe in math terms . 

Edited by Pbob

18 minutes ago, Pbob said:

Then perhaps you need a limit.

Do you know any calculus?

Straightforward density at a point for instance is

[math]\mathop {\lim }\limits_{\delta v \to 0} \frac{{dm}}{{dv}}[/math]

Where m is mass and v is volume.

Edited by studiot

25 minutes ago, studiot said:

Then perhaps you need a limit.

Do you know any calculus?

Straightforward density at a point for instance is

limδv0dmdv

Where m is mass and v is volume.

I don't know calculus , I have no idea what your formula represents sorry . In my opinion any sort of Higgs field would be zero density at any point because of the ''negative of energy force'' being applied externally . Mass can only be divided by volume if we know the volume size , I am not sure that helps . If the assumed Higgs field is a form of energy and has mass , the mass would be divided by an unkown volume and  if expanding , gain mass . We assume light is a particle or a wave , Einstein said why not both , why not neither ? What if visible light is just electromagnetic fields ? What if the Suns electromagnetic field extends all the way to the Earths surface , converged with the Earths magnetic field ? The Suns electromagnetic field and the Earths eletromagnetic field are observabaly indistinguishable from each other and space . 

If there is a Higgs field , likewise it is observabably indistinguishable from space and EM fields , it would perhaps have the same components has EM fields . 

Note : Observable and detection are not the same thing . 

Do you know what math or symbol would represent an unknown volume of space ? 

C/? = ? 

Relating back to Coulombs . 

Edited by Pbob

Gauss' law has nothing in the way of spontaneous symmetry breaking, which is what the whole idea of the Higgs mechanism is based on.

You need an equation with a continuous symmetry with particular solutions that break that symmetry. I haven't thought about it, but I don't think Gauss' law can accomplish that, nor have I seen it discussed anywhere.

2 hours ago, Pbob said:

This is your only post where you actually asked for help instead of making stuff up about what you do not understand.

When offered some (high school level) help you reverted to trying to impose your guesswork again, even whilst saying

1 hour ago, Pbob said:

I don't know calculus , I have no idea what your formula represents sorry

I can't see any point continuing this conversation. sorry

9 minutes ago, studiot said:

This is your only post where you actually asked for help instead of making stuff up about what you do not understand.

When offered some (high school level) help you reverted to trying to impose your guesswork again, even whilst saying

I can't see any point continuing this conversation. sorry

The point in continuing is to help  to discover  the maths . If I didn't need help I wouldn't of bothered with a forum to begin with . 

If -1e+1e=1  is the properties of a Higgs field and singularity that is expanding  , wouldn't it be nice to describe this field between us all in maths or formula terms ? 

You said C/m^3 which is fine for interior kE but what about the origin ? 

C/? please tell me what an unkown volume would be ? 

Edited by Pbob

You have already stated you don't understand the maths offered and shown no interest in developing that maths either.

Maths is a lot more than just formulae.

And Physics is something else again.

Nature does what it wants regardless of us puny humans and leaves it up to us to figure out how Nature works and report correctly without trying to impose guesswork.

A lot of knowledgable folks have already given their time here to try to point you in the right direction.

Edited by studiot

7 minutes ago, swansont said:

It’s not

How do you know it is not ? The Higgs field is stated as an energy field that occupies all of space , it is not stated what the components of this field are . As you know a monopole cannot exist without containment . A Higgs field would have to have a binding component such as the atoms strong nuclear force . 

13 minutes ago, studiot said:

You have already stated you don't understand the maths offered and shown no interest in developing that maths either.

Maths is a lot more than just formulae.

And Physics is something else again.

Nature does what it wants regardless of us puny humans and leaves it up to us to figure out how Nature works and report correctly without trying to impose guesswork.

A lot of knowledgable folks have already given their time here to try to point you in the right direction.

The closest we are is C/V which might as well be m/V density . 

I am listening to the right direction . 

11 minutes ago, swansont said:

Math. 

-1e +1e = 0

You’re just making stuff up, and it’s proving tiresome

It equals 0 net charge , not 0 mass . 

-1e +1e = 0Q = m1 

In algebra a+b = 1 

Help me please , consider an atom 

-1e + 1e = 1 atom 

How to explain the strong nuclear force better rather than using charge ? 

6 minutes ago, Pbob said:

How to explain the strong nuclear force better rather than using charge ? 

The strong nuclear force is not electrostatic in nature.

We had a discussion recently about the four fundamental forces of particle physics and also a discussion about light and acceleration.

But you are lsited as having just joined.

Is there any connection ?

3 minutes ago, studiot said:

The strong nuclear force is not electrostatic in nature.

We had a discussion recently about the four fundamental forces of particle physics and also a discussion about light and acceleration.

But you are lsited as having just joined.

Is there any connection ?

I have only just joined this forum looking for help . 

You mentioned the strong nuclear force isn't electrostatic , then what is it ? 

Is it a negative energy force between protons and electrons ? 

Is the proton actually a negative energy and the electron a positive energy ? 

-ve*-ve = F 

What is this force ? 

I understand in algebra that a is not neccesarily proportional to b .

I assume the Higgs field can't be a monopole and must be a+b 

Sorry for the bold , can't get it remove . 

16 minutes ago, Pbob said:

I have only just joined this forum looking for help . 

!

Moderator Note

But you are preaching your pet theory, not asking about mainstream physics. Pick one. Ask questions to learn physics, or give us your model and evidence to support it.

9 minutes ago, swansont said:

But you are preaching your pet theory, not asking about mainstream physics. Pick one.

Neither , I am discussing my thoughts on the physics the internet has learnt me and asking for help to produce The Theory Of All Theories . 

I want a share in that nobel prize and if you help me we can all put this theory together . I have proofs , models and dark energy being lights density fits nice , a+b=1/t a singularity that is expanding and pushing galaxies away .

m0.jpg

Edited by Pbob