Why are ID ads allowed on the site?

idadvert0gr.th.png

Why are these ads allowed on the site? I know they are chosen by a google, and not the site creators, but surely they can be changed or something.

BTW - they are both ID sites dressed up, or adverts for ID books in disguise

Counter question: Why shouldn´t they be "allowed" ?

Indeed, since it's a science board, most people wouldn't have any use for an intelligent design or anti-evolution ad, and so their money gets taken with no return on it. Pretty unintelligent. I like the irony.

(now that I've used the buzzwords, gotta see if targeted ads show up)

Indeed' date=' since it's a science board, most people wouldn't have any use for an intelligent design or anti-evolution ad, and so their money gets taken with no return on it. Pretty unintelligent. I like the irony.

(now that I've used the buzzwords, gotta see if targeted ads show up)[/quote']

Bingo! As soon as it posted, "Answers in creation" and another one showed up. :)

oh boy do i feel sorry for homeschoolers

I got this as a result of another ad:

http://www.christianbooks.com

Apologia Educational Ministries

-----------------------------

High school science curriculum

designed specifically for the homeschool

Add to Bookbag

"Amazing," "a blessing," and "totally cool" are only a few ways parents and students describe this introductory science curriculum. Combining a creationist viewpoint with clear explanations and fun experiments, Dr. Wile presents 16 modules covering simple machines, paleontology, biology, human anatomy, and other topics. All labs use household items. The course is even backed by an Internet support system! Includes a 107-page test/solutions book. 434 pages, hardcover.

* Browse more products in: Homeschool >> Science

What does Apologia mean?

Apologia is the Greek word for defense.

It appears eight times in the New Testament, in the context of people defending their faith or actions by reason and logic.

"But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you..."

1 Peter 3:15

Apologia Ministries exists to give the home-schooled student a scientific education that will help him or her make a reasoned defense of the Christian Faith.

-----------------------------------------

lol wth is a clear explanation for creationism? God made everything? and how the bloody hell do you use reason and logic to explain faith?

Urge to DDoS... rising....

"Amazing' date='" "a blessing," and "totally cool"[/b'] are only a few ways parents and students describe this introductory science curriculum. Combining a creationist viewpoint with clear explanations and fun experiments, Dr. Wile presents 16 modules covering simple machines, paleontology, biology, human anatomy, and other topics. All labs use household items. The course is even backed by an Internet support system! Includes a 107-page test/solutions book. 434 pages, hardcover.

Oh wow! Fun experiements, yay! I always wanted to play God!

*gets a pair of rubber gloves and eye goggles*

It doesn't take much to keep a site going these days. You can get a decent hosting plan for $5/month.

it does cost a lot more to PUBLISH the book. Which they obviously have done. Especially if it's a hardcover TEXTBOOK.

No matter what hosting plan you have, you still need advertising to get people to find the site. You either buy adertising space or you get people to talk about it, or both. There are some things that people can't help talking about. Find one of those and you're in luck.

I don't mind ads that can be ignored. I hate adds that flash, beep, make annoying buzzing sounds, talk to me, or play loud music. Some of these screw up other things that I am doing on this computer because while this computer is very functional, it isn't top of the line and is not highly tolerant of concurrent uses of video and sound codecs or multiple Java windows.

Why don't you have Mozilla Firefox and the Ad-block extension?

The reason that most of the internet is free is that there are lots of adverts on the sites.

I agree with thomas, in that certain adverts (popups, flashing/blinking/shaking, music-playing, and especially those anoying flash ones which hover in the centre of the page) are annoying, but the discreet ones like google-adwords are what stops us having to subscribe to most of the sites that we view.

So blocking every single ad that you come across perhaps isnt a good idea.

(now that I've used the buzzwords, gotta see if targeted ads show up)

Hmmm...

Outdoor Lighting on Sale

40-80% off garden and patio lighting. Only $1 shipping!

Water Powered Generator

Find Power Supplies & More - Search, Compare & Contact Supplier

Too bad...

because he probably already subconciously ignore it, i know i do after a few years =)

as do i. id is only one of the many things advertised on those ads that are...."questionable." anyone remember The Final Theory or that site that "proves" quarks don't exist?

HIV results today

Chlamydia in 48 hours Harley Street-confidential

Nutrition & HIV / AIDS

The nutritional deficiencies in HIV A complete package to address them

Well, it seems to have picked up on your original words.

OI! GOOGLE! DISCOUNT BUT-PLUGS!!

Arranged marriages, pregnancy test, work from home, online college degree, adv, confidential

lol I just got this:

Relativity in Islam

Quran defined: Speed of Light, Time Dilation, Black Holes, Wormholes. Richard Phillips Feynman

The Feynman Lectures On Physics, The Character of Physical Law.

Ads by Goooooogle