Has Trump raised the profile of those who like the sound of their own voice (or typing) ?

studiot

One bit of fallacy he relies heavily on is his appeal to frankness (?), where he gets to say anything he wants under the guise of "telling it like it is". He gets to repeat lies and misunderstandings because he sees these things on cable news and the internet, which gives him a) more air-time for the controversies, b) more confusion and spinning wheels trying to rebut him, c) great appeal to his extremist base, d) plausible deniability of guilt (he was innocently passing these things along), e) the ability to pick and choose which news if real and which is fake based purely on his own frame of reference, and f) a kind of Mesmer effect that allows even those who don't like him to justify racism, nationalism, fascism, 1% wealth manipulation, and forgiveness of all the straight up lies he's told.

I think what we're seeing is a very vocal but small group of trolls who purport to represent half the country, but in reality are just really LOUD, really obnoxious, and really profitable for those who make more money the longer you read their hate (so doing anything about them is being resisted).

On 1.03.2018 at 6:29 PM, iNow said:

I'm not sure, but do feel he's done this for internet trolls. He's the troller in chief

Putin is laughing at you. His tricks worked on the all people. You all concentrated on the servant, rather on the source of the all problems...

Edited by Sensei

7 hours ago, Sensei said:

Putin is laughing at you. His tricks worked on the all people. You all concentrated on the servant, rather on the source of the all problems...

Your tone implies I’m oblivious to these facts. Was that your intent?

I do not believe it is about liking the sound of ones own voice. There is more purpose to it that than. What conservatives have cultivated for decades and Trump took advantage of is the idea that reality can be willed and lied into existence. By fervently lying about things like climate change and evolution conservatives have successfully muddied the water enough that people are as broadly familiar with the junk science as they are the actual science. They exploit the relationship between what people hear most and what people assume is true; then conflate what is believed with what are facts. "Lock her up" is a great example. No politician alive today has been more thoroughly investigated than Hillary Clinton. Every thing Hillary Clinton has done for the last 30yrs of her life has been put under a legal microscope. No crimes have been uncovered. Yet millions of people feel Hillary Clinton is dishonest and or corrupt. Conservatives willed into existence a broad sense of unease about Hillary Clinton through vigorous lying. Even people who supported Clinton often concede she is deeply flawed. It is a feeling everyone has despite no tangible examples of illegality. Overwhelming the popular narrative with their own brand of the truth has been very successful for conservatives.  

On 4.03.2018 at 2:56 PM, iNow said:

Your tone implies I’m oblivious to these facts. Was that your intent?

Not at all. I share your point of view, because I am not complete idiot..

But title "troller in chief" obviously belongs to somebody who owns "army" of paid Internet trolls..

I can happily teach you how can you fight with russian Internet trolls, but it must be done off-line, because they are reading this forum very extensively... ;)

ps. You = plural !! Don't take "you" personally! "laughing at you" != "laughing at iNow"... he didn't even know about you existence till now..

Edited by Sensei