Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House

koti

I just saw a 15 minute interview with the author which made me order the book, how much of the book is factual and accurate and how much is political game play? I'd like to hear opinions from people who read it and/or have some deeper insight. During the interview, the author stated unbelievably controversial things like: Trump doesn't read, he watches talk shows though so WH staff lobbies to invite people to the talk shows to influence him...Trump doesn't read anything which is handed to him, he immediately sets aside any notes or piece of paper that is given to him without looking at it.
Link to the book on amazon:
Commercial links not allowed, removed by moderator

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_and_Fury

Edited by Phi for All
advertising link removed, replaced with Wiki link

35 minutes ago, koti said:

During the interview, the author stated unbelievably controversial things like: Trump doesn't read, he watches talk shows though so WH staff lobbies to invite people to the talk shows to influence him...Trump doesn't read anything which is handed to him, he immediately sets aside any notes or piece of paper that is given to him without looking at it.

Not shocking at all. Older people often have problems with eyes..

Edited by Sensei

24 minutes ago, Sensei said:

Not shocking at all. Older people often have problems with eyes..

Yes, that must be it. He tweets from an 80 inch screen then, set to visual disability mode, hes blind as a bat - case solved :)

1 hour ago, koti said:

how much of the book is factual and accurate and how much is political game play?

Haven’t read myself, but have seen commentary from multiple areas that I trust. Tenor and tone seem spot on. He captures the sentiment of the senior staff and their teams, highlights many of the problems that are obvious to us all, but apparently many details he shares are false. Lots of stupid things like calling a person Tim when actual name is Fred or saying a meeting was at the Hilton when it was at the Marriott. Stuff like that has made his credibility questioned, but his conclusions align with those who are similarly “in the loop” and who are not so fast and loose with detail accuracy. 

I'll tell you this now, it's about as factual as this:

commercial link removed by moderator

Both books contain factual information, that I guarantee you were taken out of context. Think about it. The Author had inside information. Very clearly, the author is not exactly a Trump supporter. Do you really think that they'd supply every single piece of information?

The book is written by a human. Therefore, without a shadow of a doubt, it's looking through a lens that they've created.

That person could be one of the most honest people on the planet, and I'd still doubt it if someone told me it was absolutely factual and definitely not biased.

That being said, I'd read it, absolutely. I'd be wary of the things said inside of it though. 

Edit: If you dig deep enough into anyone's past, you'll virtually always be "shocked".

24 minutes ago, DrP said:

Why aren't people shouting about this!? I can barely believe you guys in the USA just sit back and let this happen..  

I agree and I find myself in similar disbelief (or even anger) both with US/Trump related news and my local things going on here. I think It is up to the older generation to teach the younger generation to distinguish between hilton/marriott & Fred/Tim discrepancies (what @iNow wrote above) and how these discrepancies are different from propaganda with an agenda. It is a shame that thsese things have to be taught but it seems that peoples gullability and blindess caused by various factors (environment pressure, upbringing, etc) requires to teach this. When all is said related to these sensitive subjects (guns, religion, idiot for a president) all one can do is try to mold critical minds capable of both logic, empathy and civility. Lack of these three qualities in right proportions causes things like the cnn post you linked.

On 2/25/2018 at 8:18 AM, Raider5678 said:

I'll tell you this now, it's about as factual as this:

commercial link removed by moderator

Both books contain factual information, that I guarantee you were taken out of context. Think about it. The Author had inside information. Very clearly, the author is not exactly a Trump supporter. Do you really think that they'd supply every single piece of information?

The book is written by a human. Therefore, without a shadow of a doubt, it's looking through a lens that they've created.

That person could be one of the most honest people on the planet, and I'd still doubt it if someone told me it was absolutely factual and definitely not biased.

That being said, I'd read it, absolutely. I'd be wary of the things said inside of it though. 

Edit: If you dig deep enough into anyone's past, you'll virtually always be "shocked".

WOW! Raider, just WOW!