thaar

Weird tingling/electrified feeling when relaxing

I've had this ability as long as I can remember. When I relax and..."do it" it feels like my entire body warms up and gets extremely tingly. I can do it at will, and it does not elevate my heart rate. I take deeper breaths though. I can hold it for as long as I want, but it becomes difficult after 15 seconds. No one has ever been able to explain it and these answers help a lot. The feeling is akin to having an ENORMOUS adrenaline surge, so it makes sense that I would be squeezing my adrenal glands. If anyone has a true explanation, please respond, because I dont know if the adrenal explanation is true.

Edit: I can't necessarily retain the euphoric feeling after about 8 seconds, but a remnant of it is there at 10+ seconds. It fades and becomes impossible to hold. Also, my fingers, toes and eyes twitch randomly. My hands also sometimes jerk randomly. It's weird. 

Edited by EthanD

Jumping in on this thread, I've been able to do this since childhood and I've found no explanation.

As mentioned before I can just keep it going for a little while before I have to "reset" of sorts.
How I induce it is vague at best, but I'll try to describe it as best I can.
It's like I am trying to move my body, being at the very edge of committing to motion, like my muscles are just about to contract, that's when it occurs.
The feeling is best described as a warm rush that comes from the base of the spine and then flushes into the rest of the body. My head will feel like it's floating and after I will feel incredibly relaxed.
Other physical effects I experience is very shallow breath and like the heart is slowing down, but not in an uncomfortable manner.
I will also feel a very strong urge to move and deep focus. It also seems to affect my ability to explosively activate muscles.

I don't know if this is the case for others, but I exhibit traits of muscle control like being able to rumble the ears (tensor tympani) and a variety of other things.

I truly wish for a scientific explanation for this...

*edit (going to try using an EEG to observe whether it produces any alterations in brainwaves, but the device will take a while to deliver.)

Edited by Bovaiveu

Like other on this topic I too have unwittingly started this electric excitement cycle that is kinda addictive. Triggered by some muscle in my eyes. But it's happening more and more ferociously instant rush of something nice but very difficult to describe tingle to the point of a shiver with pressure in head high frequency whistle in side with a wave of something...

I am very late to this discussion but found this thread seemingly the same way others have. I would like to give my experience, and I will start off by saying that this odd sensation has been explained very well within this thread. I have been able to reach this "state" from a young age... I am now 34 years old. I first noticed this sensation after reading an article about monks who could slow their heartbeats after years of meditation. I was quite fascinated by this idea and decided to try it myself. While laying in bed I concentrated specifically on my heartbeat and nothing else other than my heartbeat, then slowly tried to imagine my heart beating slower. After some time (15 to 20 minutes) I started to notice the tingling feeling, a few minutes later I noticed I could control this by what I call releasing. By "releasing" I mean letting go of all muscular control and focusing on nothing.. the same feeling came over my body starting from my hips flowing up to my head.. at this point, I became very afraid as I felt I was slipping away and I might not return. Ever since that day I periodically find myself reaching this state but I am unable to hold the sensation for more than a few seconds. It tends to be easier to reach this state when I am very tired. Those I have spoken to about this write it off as nothing, but for those who have experienced this, it is definitely far from nothing.  I am not an expert on meditation but I believe these two things are closely tied. If anyone would like to share their experiences I can be reached by email at Mwphillips84@gmail.com as this topic is very interesting and needs further research. 

I just recently have had this happen to me while I would lay down and relax for bed and often when i wake up from sleeping. It doesnt take time or start anywhere in particular. It's instantly everywhere in my body and i can maintain it as long as I stay relaxed. It feels odd but feels very good. The thing is i have mixed feelings about it, it scares me but i didn't want the sensation to end. 

I have CRPS/RSD and all the trillions of nerves of my skin (deep into the layers & tissue) are damaged so it is like I'm burning from the inside out or carpet burn all over my body. So I was doing some research about the vagus nerve & "reset" it through a few different recommended techniques. About 5 mins later an area in my left foot was dead & I felt waves of electric tingling that was intense through my entire body but mostly (most intense) in my legs & up to my chest. I could tell that it was connected to all the trillions of damaged nerves bc the burning like carpet burn stopped. Yes, it was a warm sensation but of like happy tickling electrical rolling relaxation of waves. I am pretty sure I reset this vagus nerve. It lasted for about 10mins & though there are still areas that are burning, it is mostly my upper half. My lower extremities still do not feel "normal" (my normal is in hella pain from the damaged nervous symptoms having all the nerves turned on high.. deep pain that makes my legs feel like they have been ran over & set to fire) 100% but it was something I never experienced until now & surely it cant be a consequence from the vagus nerve. I even read you can reset it with slowing your breathing down. I am fairly certain that this is what goure doing.

How does this thing compare to the feelings people get when they do Tai Chi?

It’s very comforting to know other people have had similar experiences with this, and that no one has had the exact same feelings. 

March 26th, at 3:04 I checked my phone to see what time it was before I tried this meditiative state we all have experienced. Like many of us, the first time I noticed this “tingly, warm” form of sensational relaxation was around 8 or 9 and the best way I can explain the feeling at that time was a wave of “energy” flowing from my head all the way down to my feet. It’s like I consciously  trigger a feeling in my head the triggers a warm feeling in my heart that triggers an energy pulse through my body as I explained before. Like many of us, this feeling only lasted a few seconds and it feels like it has to regenerate for me to be able to trigger this feeling again. Over the years, i randomly “practiced” this feeling ad if something was beyond this feeling and that it would lead me to something farther than a peal relaxation. I am now 20 years old and tonight I experienced this again. But... it was very different.

I started of laying on my back, legs spread apart, arms out to my side. I was listening to 852hz frequency, and was focusing on that sound. I started to relax the parts of my body one at a time until my chest felt this warm feeling and I knew i could trigger that “electric, warm” pulse feeling throughout my body. Many times it takes a few seconds to regenerate for me to be sble to trigger it again, but tonight as I kept repeating this pulse of energy, it was as if my body had taken control over it and automaticly triggered this feeling or me and I didnt have to concsiously trigger it. As this goes on my body relaxes to a point where I don’t feel the blankets on top of me and I don’t feel the bed beneath me. I started focusing on the “energy” instead of the 853hz frequency and for the first time that “warm, electric” feeling stayed put all throughout my body. It was no pulse feeling but instead it was as if a sink was being filled with warm water. And when i felt the energy fill all the way up it was as if  I was out of my own body. I felt as my body was being lifted and was rising up. I felt my body start to sway back and forth then start spinning. At this moment i was thinking i must be falling asleep but at the same time I was wondering why I was so vividly able to listen to my thoughts and feeling of my body spin upwards. My eyes closed this whole time started to look deeper into the darkness which caused my thoughts to empty out. It was as if my eyes were searching for something or were looking for an opening of some sort. I then caught train of my thoughts again and was thinking that I might be having a seizure at any moment. But it was as if my body was telling me not to move because this sensation was so pleasureful I felt as if I was traveling somewhere. So as my body feels it is increasingly spinning faster and faster, and my eyes closed but still searching or looking for something, i noticed i was having a hard time breathing. I couldnt control my breathing but iness taking enormous deep breaths in then letting it out fast. At this same moment, my thoughts went silent , the frequency i was listening to went silent and I heard my heart beat in my head for a few seconds and that was all there was to me. My body had stopped spinning and I felt as if i was floating in darkness with this “warm” feeling. I still felt out of my body as if i was detached. No thoughts no feelings nothing for a few seconds. Then it was as if I slowly started to return to my body and I started to sense this world again and i just continued to lay there. I finally opened my eyes and felt nothing st all but then felt peace and curiousty to what just happend. 

Just for some more input on my last post. I don’t believe that solfeggio frequencies  like 852hz truly do anything like open up the third eye or anything like that. I listen to these frequencies to help relax and tune out any other noises. Much like how people use white noise to help fall asleep. 

I have exactly the same thing, I can make it go in my shoulders and arms too and that makes them spasm out a bit.

Posted (edited)

Hello I was searching this Bc I am dealing with the same thing. I’m 17 and for as long as I remember I’ve had this. It don’t happen when I’m relaxing normally; I have to focus on relaxing deeper and then my legs and feet get this almost like tingly feeling and it’s only my legs and feet and like you I can’t hold it for longer than 10 seconds. I feel like if I do it often it could lead to something and maybe master some crazy mental ability. Everyone I’ve talked to about this thinks I’m dumb crazy or just have no idea what I’m talking about.   I’ve never checked my eyes while doing it but I need to know what this is called or means because it’s been a topic I’ve wondered my entire life that I could never relate with anyone else till now. And sometimes when I am doing it for a little I can make my upper body mainly shoulders almost like shake a little.

Edited by Nickf15682929