Stupidest things you've done

silentsailor

Mine:

1) Decided to re-enact Fight Club with a few guys (i'm female) who were all 2+ years older than me

2) Set up a chain of trampolines with the aforementioned friends, that went like this: jump from the roof, onto the first trampoline, onto a smaller trampoline, into the pool.

Your turn.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lied to a pharmacist about a chinese friend of mine using salt peter to make a chemical compound when he was sick to help cure himself.

Snickered about someone's grandma having a seziure. I just think it's the funniest shit when people jost irradically. I'm morbid...

Did a funeral play in drama the day after the teacher's father died. I had this thing planned out weeks ahead so i could remember lines.. it sucked man.. i regret that..

Lying to people. Those are the worst and stupidest things i've ever done.

Don't lie. If you want to lie. Just don't speak.

One time I shot myself point blank in the hand with a paintball gun, another time I decided it would be fun to canoe down a flooded stream in march (I know this doesn't sound so dumb, but take into consideration it was march in the adirondacks so it was ice cold and it was a little stream, so the canoe promptly flipped). When I was younger, I went over a large jump on a mountain bike and naturally flipped over the handlebars when I landed wrong. I'll think of some more dumb things I have done later on.

I was about 25 and very inexperienced with handling a pick-up truck. My dad gave me some scrap cinderblocks to reinforce our canal bank. I thought I would be smart and load them close to the tail gate so I could just push them out of the truck. I was driving them home, and when I got up to 50 mph the front wheels of the truck came off the ground.

I can't think really, there is probably a lot.

• After Skiing the same route back to the Chalet for 13 days, taking a short cut that lead over a 40ft cliff.
  • Letting a guy break my nose, while he was trying to hit my friend, rather that start a fight. I was very drunk.
  • Sliding down a long rail down some stone steps and, losing my grip and swinging upsidedown, rapping the back my head on each step. Quite drunk, again.
  • Drinking
  • Smoking

I was 9 years old. Standing in the middle of my family as they were talking. I felt movement in my underwear. I thought it was a spyder, so I freaked out, pulled my pants down and started swatting at my balls.

True story. my family has never let me forget it.

I was 9 years old. Standing in the middle of my family as they were talking. I felt movement in my underwear. I thought it was a spyder' date=' so I freaked out, pulled my pants down and started swatting at my balls.

True story. my family has never let me forget it.[/quote']

Mustang that's priceless.

You know forums offer you little protection when you reveal such things publicly. Sorry, but like it or not, this incident will be part of a short story. You will be properly disguised of course. My character will not be a Metallica fan. :D

Stupidest thing I ever did: Married at age 19. :)

One of the stupidest things I've ever done:

"Huh, I need 2 years of a foreign language to graduate. I've always been interested in Japanese, so I'll take that. After all, how hard can it be."

I liken that chain of thought to "Let's invade Russia with foot-soldiers during the winter!"

Mokele

1. using my telescope to fry ants, and looking through the view finder to make sure it was pointed the right way.

2. rubbing my eyes after de-seeding some jalepenos

3. lighting a toy on fire on my driveway and THEN deciding it needed more gasoline.

Callipygous those are classics!!!

As for me, not sure really.

Deleting a system file when it didnt do what I want was kinda stupid, especially when that system file was part of the windows GUI!

Dunno realy, I don't do really stupid things normally!

[edit] when i was really young, like too young to really understand about what tyre grip was (on a bicycle) I decided to try braking hard on a gravel surface, needless to say the wheels locked, the bike continued etc etc.

it doesnt? :confused:

bah... they work fine for grounding out the tube in your tv when you need to fix it...

Lets just say my body hit the ground quite a while before the screwdriver. ;)

when i was young, i descided to stand on one end of a see-saw whilst four older (and bigger) boys jumped on the other end, to see if i really would go flying in the air like in cartoons.

against all expectations, the cartoons prooved right and i did gain quite a bit of hight, and then landed on a fence on my sholder.

how i avoided tearing my arm out its socket ill never know, but it was my first taste of concussion, although i managed to walk away (albeit not in a strait line)

i forgot a few...

4. hairpin in the wall socket. that was fun... especially when i tried to pull it out so i wouldnt get caught.

5. similar to dak... mine involved a rollerblade ramp. two older boys holding my wrists and sprinting towards it to see how far we could get me to go.

at least i learned some science with pretty much all of mine... especially the wall socket and the gasoline. did you know its actually fairly hard to get a tank of gas to explode? unless the mixture is right it just burns...

Speaking of cartoons, when I was younger I tried running off my home's roof onto another thinking that if I didn't look down, I wouldn't fall. Fortunately, I managed to land onto a patch of roses and soft after-sprinkler dirt instead of the hard concrete. With the exception of my dignity and some bleeding, I suffered no lasting damage until my mother discovered what had happened.

Speaking of cartoons, when I was younger I tried running off my home's roof onto another thinking that if I didn't look down, I wouldn't fall. Fortunately, I managed to land onto a patch of roses and soft after-sprinkler dirt instead of the hard concrete. With the exception of my dignity and some bleeding, I suffered no lasting damage until my mother discovered what had happened.

lol...

only time i have jumped off of a roof there was a pool underneath.

i did run through a glass door though... stitches from that one.

anyone else ever shoot a spud gun straight up to see how close an area you could get it to come back down in?

Made a run up and then made a small jump so that I could slide along the floor with my knees , only that the floor was carpet . I didn't know what friction meant at the time .