Stupidest things you've done

silentsailor

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my stupidest but proudest is ;

Jumping off a 35 metre rock cliff ( I was 10 at the time) plummeting into the sea beneath ..

and went for seconds .

which is FREAKING AWESOME.

wheres the stupid in that one? i go cliff jumping all the time....

dont think i have quite hit 35 meters tho...

as a matter of fact... isnt 35 meters getting up into bone breaking range? sure you dont mean 35 feet?

(50 feet is enough to make me have to not look over the edge before i do it)

One of my stupidest but proudest is ;

Jumping off a 35 metre rock cliff ( I was 10 at the time) plummeting into the sea beneath ..

and went for seconds .

When I was that age I jumped off a cliff high enough that one of my eardrums burst. I had to have a piece of skin from behind my ear grafted onto it.

I think I win. :P

Let's see.....

1): Cutting up some Habaneros, forgetting to wash my hands, then scratching my balls and my eyes within a matter of seconds.

2): Tried to make chlorine gas and didn't think the reaction was working, so I opened up the reaction vessel and put my nose right up to it and inhaled instead of waving the gas towards my nose like you're supposed to. To sum it up, the reaction was working just fine. :D

3): Came home from a bar one night REALLY drunk and a roommate dared me to punch myself in the nards for a few packs of cigarettes and a nickel-bag of herb. I punched myself so hard I was peeing blood for a few days. (As a side note, the cigs and herb were NOT worth it).

4): Put my thumb in a beaker of concentrated H2SO4 because I mistook it for water.

5): Bluffed that I had pocket aces when there was an ace on the board. (Texas Hold'Em). The person I was bluffing against actually had pocket aces, however. heh.

6): Ate lunch at McDonalds. ;-)

When I was that age I jumped off a cliff high enough that one of my eardrums burst. I had to have a piece of skin from behind my ear grafted onto it.

I think I win. :P

you just forgot to clamp your hands over your ears before you hit... :P

Let's see.....

1): Cutting up some Habaneros' date=' forgetting to wash my hands, then scratching my balls and my eyes within a matter of seconds.

2): Tried to make chlorine gas and didn't think the reaction was working, so I opened up the reaction vessel and put my nose right up to it and inhaled instead of waving the gas towards my nose like you're supposed to. To sum it up, the reaction was working just fine. :D

3): Came home from a bar one night REALLY drunk and a roommate dared me to punch myself in the nards for a few packs of cigarettes and a nickel-bag of herb. I punched myself so hard I was peeing blood for a few days. (As a side note, the cigs and herb were NOT worth it).

4): Put my thumb in a beaker of concentrated H2SO4 because I mistook it for water.

5): Bluffed that I had pocket aces when there was an ace on the board. (Texas Hold'Em). The person I was bluffing against actually had pocket aces, however. heh.

6): Ate lunch at McDonalds. ;-)[/quote']

This is the chemistry expert!! :rolleyes:

i must say that i am not really known for doing stupid things.

i was hammering a nail into some timber one day though when i loooked away for a second. hit my finger full force with the hammer. nail went black and took a few weeks to fall off.

oh yea, another thing! for all you farmers! one day, when i was about twelve, i was moving grass (silage) with a four prong pike. i somehow managed to stab myself in the foot with it!!

Originally Posted by Coral Rhedd

Mustang that's priceless.

You know forums offer you little protection when you reveal such things publicly. Sorry, but like it or not, this incident will be part of a short story. You will be properly disguised of course. My character will not be a Metallica fan.

Happy to have helped you.

Here's one about my brother:

We went fishing and ran out of bait. We caught a crab that was clinging to the pier. We wanted to kill it without smashing it up so we could use its meat for bait. My brother said "I know! We can drown it!"

Jee-zus, you guys have me beat by miles. We should have a hall-of-"fame" sort of thing.

More:

3) Accidentally brushing a live wire against my lip, wondering what that odd sort of tingling was, and then doing it again to see.

4) Had four double-espressos around midnight during exam week. It was a dare sort of thing.

5) Went three days without sleeping during another exam week - must have been around a year and a half later. Aced them all, but needless to say it was a very, very bad idea.

LOL, I'm remember more:

1. Me and my best friend talked his sister into letting us throw her off of a 2 story balcony with a Glad Trash Bag as a parachute. She came back up limping. But she was alive, so We Did It Again! LOL

2. My best friend thought my bee-bee gun was empty. He put it to my dogs head and pulled the trigger. Killed my dog! So I reloaded the gun while he wasn't looking and then chased him around the yard shooting him about 10 times in his butt. We're still friends.

3. When I was about 6 or 7, my brother and his friend were riding a go-cart. I jumped in from of them because I thought I could stop them. They had no time to think and ran completely over me!

LOL' date=' I'm remember more:

1. Me and my best friend talked his sister into letting us throw her off of a 2 story balcony with a Glad Trash Bag as a parachute. She came back up limping. But she was alive, so We Did It Again! LOL

2. My best friend thought my bee-bee gun was empty. He put it to my dogs head and pulled the trigger. Killed my dog! So I reloaded the gun while he wasn't looking and then chased him around the yard shooting him about 10 times in his butt. We're still friends.

3. When I was about 6 or 7, my brother and his friend were riding a go-cart. I jumped in from of them because I thought I could stop them. They had no time to think and ran completely over me![/quote']

How in hell are you still alive?!

How in hell are you still alive?!

which one of those is supposed to be fatal?

the balcony one maybe, but that wasnt him.

i feel like im forgetting stuff... me and my brother were terrible children.

oh, we lit off a model rocket engine without a rocket... they like to fly back and forth over your head when you do that : P

which is FREAKING AWESOME.

wheres the stupid in that one? i go cliff jumping all the time....

dont think i have quite hit 35 meters tho...

as a matter of fact... isnt 35 meters getting up into bone breaking range? sure you dont mean 35 feet?

maybe, but I was a kid and I would have been heaps lighter then ... it's stupid because I don't think I could ever work the bollocks to do it again .

With the distance , it depends how we look at it , I did a run up so i didn't quite fall straight down 35 metres but if i did it would have been a good 20 something .

My dad was there and he encouraged me to play with the locals , though I didn't think he expected me to play like jump off a cliff like the others .

Guest shroomy01

I have many more than these few

1. Sticking my finger in a on light bulb socket.

2. trying to light an M80 with a 1/2 inch fuse (big M80)

3. Beliving my brother when he said that dog food tasted just like the flavor on package but is just in crunchy tablets for dog. (Belive me it does not taste like pork when it says pork flavor)

4. (Really little) Tryed filling a ballon with Gasoline and lighting it with a mini bic lighter. (big gas tank Little kid Spill alot of stuff)

5. trying to slide down a thin string from a tree. (ouch)

ETC. ETC.

jumping off a window ledge 3 stories high wraped up in carpet into a pile of burning boxes and matresses, I landed in such a way that the fold of the carpet was under me, and my own weight made it impossible to get out.

my mate eventualy had the bright idea of dragging me off with a garden rake, such was his "panic" that part of the rake went through the carpet into my leg, THAT HURT!

I was only 15 though! :)

(I was about 7) The 9volt battery that kept my alarm clock's time ran out, so I used a stripped extension cord...it started smoking

(about 16 yrs.) I used a bottle of lighter fluid to make flaming trails on concrete...in my basement. I barely got away with it after the fire alarms went off.

(about 12) After catching crawdads/crayfish in our local creek for fun from time to time, my friend and I decided to eat one. So we lit a fire on the creek bed, boiled water, and cooked one. When I brought back the little steel measuring cup covered in soot and couldn't clean it all off, my mom about killed me. She really would have if she'd found out that we had some gasoline we were playing with too.

(14) Soldering connections to a fan in a computer case...with the motherboard still in it. One drop fell and killed it. I returned it and got a brand new one. :D

(16) I somehow managed to format the drive windows was running from while in windows.

Not me, but in my senior year in high school, a friend of mine named paul made a dry ice bomb with a nalgene bottle and blew up a toilet at school. He got expelled and we all wore t-shirts that said "Free Paul!" for like 3 weeks.

(early teen yrs.) I was taking apart a hard drive and found a little steel wire. It looked strong so I tried to yank it apart and cut two deep slits in my fingers in the attempt. I still have the scars :)

At my birthday party one time I started feeling sick. We had cake and a pool and it went like this: Eat a buttload of cake. Go running around the pool. Barf on the side/in the pool. Feel better and have some more cake while the kindly hispanic maid cleans the chunks up. Repeat!

There's probably 50 more I forgot or repressed...

Me and my friend where riding on a riding lawn mower (old one) and the thing got stuck in 3 gear so he was stupid and jumped of the thing becuase it was heading for a fence, (still to this day i dont know why he just didnt turn it) so i jumped of, but i had sandals on and my sandal got caught on the brake pedal and i whent down and landed on a root and broke my arm seviorly. I have more, just i cant think of them.

OMG that so reminds me of when I was about 10 years old in Canada, my sister and I "found" this John Deere tractor in the middle of a field so we sat in it playing, I was pressing and turning everything my little fingers could reach, it started up!

we both nearly shat ourselves and jumped off it as it lurched forwards slowly, fortunately the steering wheel was almost full lock so it just went in circles for ages and stopped several hours later (prolly ran out of fuel). that WAS scary though as we watched from a distance praying it wouldn`t do any damage!

I recon that was pretty Stupid too :)

This is the chemistry expert!! :rolleyes:

i must say that i am not really known for doing stupid things.

i was hammering a nail into some timber one day though when i loooked away for a second. hit my finger full force with the hammer. nail went black and took a few weeks to fall off.

oh yea' date=' another thing! for all you farmers! one day, when i was about twelve, i was moving grass (silage) with a four prong pike. i somehow managed to stab myself in the foot with it!![/quote']

Hehe. Well, how else was I supposed to become an expert? ;):D

I remembered some more.

1): Went to a bar and had WAAAAAAAAY too many pints of Guinness. I saw a helium balloon tied to a chair and wanted to inhale the balloon and start talking like a chipmunk. Sadly, I didn't have a knife near me so I decided to use my car keys to try and cut the nylon tape that was holding it to the chair. I put the tape around the jagged edge of the key and just pulled really hard. The tape broke and I inhaled the balloon and started talking like an idiot. Meanwhile, people were looking at my left hand and kind of giving me a bug-eyed look. I looked down, and I had cut through the tape alright, as well as the skin on my middle finger's middle knuckle. You could see the joint move as I bent my finger as I cut through right down to where the cartilage was. (I'm surprised it didn't bleed too much, but with the ragged cut from the keys it probably healed up pretty quickly). The bartender saw this and just poured a large glass of vodka and told me to put my knuckle in there. I did; it burned; I didn't get an infection but have a very nice scar.

2): During the winter a few years back, I was once again heavily intoxicated and with some of my buds from college. There was an iced over parking lot in the area with a nice, thick, and smooth sheet of ice on top. There was also two poles in the parking lot that a trampoline would fit nicely in between. We thought it would be cool to tie a trampoline up there and then run and slide into the trampoline and bounce backwards. Me, being intoxicated as can be, decided to go first. I ran as fast as I could from the snow and started to slide on the ice. I fell flat on my ass and went crotch first right into the left sided pole while my right foot went through the trampoline. Good god that hurt. :P

haha another winter stupidity of mne, I was on a tobogan tied to the back of my mates motor bike in a snow covered ally behind his house (about a quarter mile stretch).

we hit about 40mph and I just "Wondered" what would happen if I touched the snow with the edge of my boot that was sitting nicely in the sled about 2 inch away, so I tried it....

I don`t remember much more, just sort of getting up, trying to smile, wiping snow of myself, then passing out.

that was Dumb too!

Had to dry a reaction in chloroform. Problem was the water was acidified with HCl. Is HCl soluble in chloroform? Apparently not. When you use MgSO4 to dry acidified chloroform/water, the HCl comes out of solution.

Translate - I copped a lungfull of HCl gas and have regretted it ever since. Something to do with the blood you cough up as it dissolves your bronchials.