Skip to content

Moontanman

Senior Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Moontanman

  1. Well... zebra's ass anyway!
  2. While I was wrong about the missile attack my point about acting as though Russia must be given what they want "appeasement" was and is a bad strategy.
  3. Evidently... I was wrong, this was an accident, Ukraine self defense missile went astray and landed on Polish soil... I jumped the gun.
  4. Russia has denied having anything to do with it, not exactly a ringing endorsement of Russia's good intentions. I see it like this, Russia is being handled with kid gloves to the point of ham stringing the Ukraine's defence of its own territory. Ukraine is being told not to attack Russia on Russian soil yet Russia remains the aggressor on a small country on its border. Allowing a missile to land on Poland is meant to test the resolve of NATO. If this is not true then why does Russia deny any wrongdoing? If Russia really respected NATO they should be rushing in to apologize and try to make things right. Russia is being allowed to attack a sovereign state with no danger of being attacked in return. Russia has nukes so it can be allowed to do whatever it wants to smaller weaker countries. Reminds me of the appeasement tactics used in WW2 to try and calm Germany. If the tables were turned and Russia decided it wanted Alaska back and invaded Alaska would the US limit it's defense to only confronting Russia on US soil? Yes Russia has Nukes, so does NATO, a nuclear attack on anyone would put Russia in the same position as everyone else. Russia has no magical power to stop a nuclear attack so they are just as vulnerable as everyone else. Russia has the same need to avoid using nukes as NATO does, MAD was and is still a strong deterrent to using Nukes. The fact that Russia has nukes should not be reason to let them slowly snap up all territories that do not have Nukes. Ukraine should, at the very least, be attacking military targets in Russia. Any threatened use of nukes should be met with the reality of nukes being aimed at russia instead of this fear of Russian nukes! They are just as vulnerable as any other country and being able to use the treat of nukes to conquer countries with no nukes just leads to escalation as surely as the use of tactical nukes would.
  5. Defrag this!
  6. Unintentionally? Has Russia announced this? If the USA "accidentally" attacked north korea who would believe it?
  7. Reports are coming out that Russian missiles have landed in Poland and killed at least two people. Is this enough to allow attacks on Russian soil? Should retaliation be swift or should we hump up and take this as Ukraine has done?
  8. Yeah, someone posted on youtube the other day something about how many slaps does it take to cook a chicken.
  9. I can provide evidence that Odin is real! He promised to get rid of all the ice giants... Seen any ice giants around? No? Then Odin at least fulfilled his promise.
  10. We are not talking about the average of the entire batch of distillate only the first gallon or so. Take a big swig of it, I know the moonshiners wouldn't, if they won't it's pretty good bet you wouldn't want to either. Thanks but I think I'll get my tequila at the liquor store, quite a bit cheaper and tastes better than anything I would be likely distill. I have considered making cherry moonshine... but lack of money for good distillation equipment keeps me from it.
  11. How can you tell which ones were invented and which ones are real?
  12. It is evidence that humans created god in their own image.
  13. Lacking evidence the logical choice is to withhold belief until such evidence is produced.
  14. Because god always seems to forbid the very things the person who worships it thinks should be forbidden.
  15. I can't find a conversion to allow me to see how 27mg of methanol compares in volume or weight to 30ml of ethanol. Or how much methanol is contained in the first run off of moonshine made from corn compared to ethanol in the same run. https://toxedfoundation.org/methanol-toxicity/ I'm not a chemist John, neither was my grandfather, I did get some high school chemistry but my grandfather only got the 6th grade. He was lucky considering the state of the WV school system in the 1910,s. But considering your cavalier attitude to methanol I think I'd rather drink my grandfather's shine than any you would make.
  16. I only know what I was told while helping out the moonshiners. Where do you get that methanol shouldn't be there?
  17. So the fear that Ukraine might defend itself by counter attacking Russia via conventional missiles fired at, oh say Moscow, to give the oppressors a taste of their own medicine cannot be done because Russia is too powerful allows Russia to pretty much invade any country they want? Hey if Biden launched an attack against cuba it would be wrong to say the USA did it? If i remember correctly the missiles to reach Moscow are being sent by Iran. I think that allowing Russia to be immune from attacks on their territory only emboldens them to attack other small countries. This precedent would increase the danger of nuclear war IMHO!
  18. All I know is that when the first run starts methanol is the first liquid to come off and the moon shinners know how to tell the difference. It was shown to me as a difference in the way the fluid looks when you shake it up. I was a kid and I have no idea if what I was being told was true but it certainly looked that way. I watched them collect the fluid and shake it up to see how much methanol there was compared to the ethanol, the methanol laced fluid was poured out on the ground. What you say makes a lot of sense but having been there done that something is wonky, methanol is claimed to be removed in the first few quarts of distillate. Moonshiners say they can tell methanol from ethanol by observing the liquid while shaking it up. I was under that impression that ethanol was the antidote for antifreeze specifically ethylene glycol https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324807#what-is-antifreeze https://diydistilling.com/how-to-avoid-methanol-when-distilling/ I may very well be mistaken on the shaking up thing, in fact I am almost certain I am, it has been more than 50 years for me but now that I have given this some serious thought I think the shaking up thing is part of testing for the level of ethanol to water. Not really sure, I spent a lot of time around stills but never really ran them. I did use my dirt bike to ferry supplies to the still occasionally... um what is the statute of limitations on this?
  19. So... Russia invades Ukraine, destroys population centers and Ukraine is supposed to just confine the war to their territory? Russia knows any use of nuclear weapons will bring down hellfire on their own cities so they use this threat to stop Ukraine from defending itself?
  20. As any good moonshiner knows the first quart or so is methanol but after that it's ethanol. You can see the methanol in the first quart or so by the density differences in the two liquids. I have been there done that.
  21. Has the possibility of Ukraine firing missiles into Moscow been discussed in this thread?
  22. The first quart or so of the first run is poured out because It can contain methanol after that it is almost pure ethanol.
  23. There are ways around that. Here is the law as i could find it, interestingly only New Zealand and Russia allow for home distilling for personal use and some US states have laws set up that would legalize distilling for personal use if it became legal Federally but here is the law in my state NC. https://www.distillate.org/laws/North Carolina#:~:text=It is illegal to distill,and not for personal use.
  24. Hmmm, are you sure about that? I checked, you are correct but permits can be obtained to produce distilled spirits, not sure how much they cost. I was skeptical because I know several people who do it or have done it small scale. I know a guy who makes some great rye whisky!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.