Help Ski Hoverboard

AmalAlmana

From our news today (have seen mention before), headline "The hoverboard becomes reality - finally" http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/gadgets/70846900/the-hoverboard-becomes-reality--finally

The hoverboard works by fitting the skate deck with two "cryostats", reservoirs filled with superconducting material that is immersed in liquid nitrogen to keep it cooled to 197 degrees.

Woo hoo, sounds all sciency and stuff.

Unfortunately ...

Lexus had to build a custom-made skatepark in Barcelona, fitted with 200 metres of magnetic track underneath the surface to allow the hoverboard to be used.

So really, just a scaled-up version of stuff we've seen before. e.g. this kind of thing:

Edited by pzkpfw

There are some less expensive solutions than a track of permanent magnets. One hoverboard design has permament magnets rotated quickly to create a repulsive force over a conductive track.

Though, it has little to do with what the company describes on the website with laser, ionisation, nor hovering over a street. And what size has the Mattel thing? On the pictures it looks very small, possibly for a doll.

Neodymium magnets can be bought at many places, for instance over eBay. Just type "neodymium" there and choose the proper dimensions. The material can vary a bit but this isn't so important.

You have to play by 3 months

I've stopped playing him 6 months I was out of America

You were using this hoverboard for 3 months, McFlying around until the magnet broke, and haven't been able to hover for the last 6 months, is that right? Is this what you're saying?

There are some less expensive solutions than a track of permanent magnets. One hoverboard design has permament magnets rotated quickly to create a repulsive force over a conductive track.

Though, it has little to do with what the company describes on the website with laser, ionisation, nor hovering over a street. And what size has the Mattel thing? On the pictures it looks very small, possibly for a doll.

Neodymium magnets can be bought at many places, for instance over eBay. Just type "neodymium" there and choose the proper dimensions. The material can vary a bit but this isn't so important.

I want the way and make it float in the street

IF you do have one, then contact the company you bought it from and ask for a replacement. Seems unlikely though as no-one else has one. How did you get hold of it?

A friend gave them to me Dad

Has it ever worked correctly before?

It was working properly before because I've become very unused

It was working properly before because I've become very unused

We know this product doesn't exist in functioning form, so it couldn't have EVER worked properly, so you must be trolling. I was willing to believe there was a language barrier, but I can't see how there is any confusion about your above statement.

Please don't open any more threads about this.