#3 ajb

ajb

Physics Expert

• Resident Experts
  • 9,905 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg City, Luxembourg

Posted 4 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

Judas Priest. \M/
"In physics you don't have to go around making trouble for yourself - nature does it for you" Frank Wilczek.

Mathematical Ramblings.

#4 CaptainPanic

CaptainPanic

Usually himself

• Moderators
  • 4,778 posts
  • LocationThe little swamp at the end of the river Rhine

Posted 4 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

Mahna mahnam!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_tupPBtWQ

Is there a post limit to this thread, or shall I write my next post in 2.26 min, after this brilliant song is over? :)
Veni, vidi, modeli - I came, I saw, and I modeled it

#5 Xittenn

Xittenn

Atom

• Senior Members
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationDelta, BC; Canada

Posted 4 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

DI.FM -- Dubstep
"He is their god! He leads them like a thing made by some other deity than Nature that shapes man better. And they follow him against us brats with no less confidence than boys pursuing summer butterflies, or butchers killing flies." - Cominius; Shakespears Coriolanus

#6 Moontanman

Moontanman

Genius

• Senior Members
  • 9,435 posts
  • LocationSouth Eastern North Carolina

Posted 4 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

Great song.... Absolutely beautiful imagery...

Edited by Moontanman, 4 January 2012 - 06:49 PM.

Life is the poetry of the Universe
Love is the poetry of life

You do not possess belief, belief possesses you...

I'm always open to new ideas, I just don't let them crawl into my skull and take a dump... 

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but illusion of knowledge.” — Stephen Hawking

"In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ~ thomas jefferson

Religion evaporates in the light of critical inquiry much like the morning dew in the light of the rising sun... 

Check out my YouTube channel here.

If I was helpful, let me know by clicking the [+] sign ->

#7 Appolinaria

Appolinaria

Protist

• Senior Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 4 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

1325687886[/url]' post='648751']
Mahna mahnam!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_tupPBtWQ

Is there a post limit to this thread, or shall I write my next post in 2.26 min, after this brilliant song is over? :)

That is so scary.

Edited by Appolinaria, 4 January 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#8 Moontanman

Moontanman

Genius

• Senior Members
  • 9,435 posts

Posted 4 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

Another great song set to great imagery...

This movie and this song literally changed my life....

the soft sothing sounds of a fan.

How about some of that wild guitar you play dude?

I'm always open to new ideas, I just don't let them crawl into my skull and take a dump... 

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but illusion of knowledge.” — Stephen Hawking

"In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ~ thomas jefferson

Religion evaporates in the light of critical inquiry much like the morning dew in the light of the rising sun... 

#9 Sorcerer

Sorcerer

Molecule

• Senior Members
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 5 January 2012 - 05:53 AM

Faded - Ben Harper

Hi

#10 StringJunky

StringJunky

Genius

• Senior Members
  • 5,522 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 5 January 2012 - 10:28 AM

Nothing...I haven't got my hearing-aid in.

Edited by StringJunky, 5 January 2012 - 10:30 AM.

Education, like life, is a journey not a destination

#11 Appolinaria

Appolinaria

Protist

• Senior Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 5 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

1325759338[/url]' post='648960']
Nothing...I haven't got my hearing-aid in.

Really?

#12 StringJunky

StringJunky

Genius

• Senior Members
  • 5,522 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 5 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

Really?

Yes, I'm deaf. With my hearing aid in I use probably a fifty-fifty hearing and lip-reading and all lip reading when I don't have it in. I choose to only use one aid but am severely deaf in both ears. It's all I've ever known so it's no big deal after 50 years. :) My hearing seems to be equally knackered across the spectrum so amplification is good enough for me to enjoy music sometimes...has to be loud though! Gave up on TV 5 years ago because I eventually had to have it unsociably loud! :D I access information almost exclusively through the written and visual world now like this forum and the internet in general.

On-topic, I'm an avid Pink Floyd fan and I recently have come to appreciate a tribute band called Brit Floyd who I think to do a great job. Played this to death so far:

"Time"

Edited by StringJunky, 5 January 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#13 Appolinaria

Appolinaria

Protist

• Senior Members
  • 854 posts

Posted 5 January 2012 - 01:00 PM

1325765609[/url]' post='648972']
Yes, I'm deaf. With my hearing aid in I use probably a fifty-fifty hearing and lip-reading and all lip reading when I don't have it in. I choose to only use one aid but am severely deaf in both ears. It's all I've ever known so it's no big deal after 50 years. :) My hearing seems to be equally knackered across the spectrum so amplification is good enough for me to enjoy music sometimes...has to be loud though! Gave up on TV 5 years ago because I eventually had to have it unsociably loud! :D I access information almost exclusively through the written and visual world now like this forum and the internet in general.

On-topic, I'm an avid Pink Floyd fan and I recently have come to appreciate a tribute band called Brit Floyd who I think to do a great job. Played this to death so far:

"Time"

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=AsUt6f4dXZ4

I know it's no big deal to you now but I imagine childhood was very hard, I got teased for everything, and following material in school is difficult enough with normal hearing. I just hated my childhood and I can't imagine the extra difficulty you must have had to deal with.
Anyway, I'm glad you spend your time here.

#14 StringJunky

StringJunky

Genius

• Senior Members
  • 5,522 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 5 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

I know it's no big deal to you now but I imagine childhood was very hard, I got teased for everything, and following material in school is difficult enough with normal hearing. I just hated my childhood and I can't imagine the extra difficulty you must have had to deal with.
Anyway, I'm glad you spend your time here.

Thanks. Yes, children are merciless when they find anything they can take the mickey out of in their fellow peers...I was not immune from it. C'est la vie. :)

#15 Moontanman

Moontanman

Genius

• Senior Members
  • 9,435 posts

Posted 9 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

#16 Leader Bee

Leader Bee

Baryon

• Senior Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

and

#17 Xittenn

Xittenn

Atom

• Senior Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

"He is their god! He leads them like a thing made by some other deity than Nature that shapes man better. And they follow him against us brats with no less confidence than boys pursuing summer butterflies, or butchers killing flies." - Cominius; Shakespears Coriolanus

#18 mikabaker55623

mikabaker55623

Lepton

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:00 AM

currently listening to:

Meshuggah - Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Gave It Motion

leaked from their forthcoming album 'Koloss'.
the tone is very, very mush heavier than past albums and it's getting ridiculously fascinating!

Check the time like a boss, own a [url="[url]http://ediassen.no/nyheter/47-nytt-fra-vare-leverandorer/121-anerkjente-klokke-merker-fra-festina-group.html"]Festina[/url] [/url]now! visit my site for more info: [url]http://ediassen.no[/url]

#19 zorro

zorro

Baryon

• Senior Members
  • 180 posts
  • LocationIncline Village region, NV, Lake Tahoe

Posted 1 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

Listening to a bit of Randy.

Edited by zorro, 1 March 2012 - 07:34 AM.

"A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have...." Thomas Jefferson

#20 Xittenn

Xittenn

Atom

• Senior Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 5 March 2012 - 04:09 AM

Curse you zorro, my grandmother used to sing that to me . . . . . . :<

Edited by Xittenn, 5 March 2012 - 04:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users