Terrorism? Or just politics as usual?

Enthalpy

Hard to tell, because about any attack can be considered terrorism these days - and if necessary, the author will be described as "radicalised", within days in case he wasn't even religious before.

Anyway, before the car crashed in the crowd in Charlottesville, I got advance warning. This happens from time to time when intelligence services organize a terrorist act, especially the French ones, but never before an action by Daesh or some far-right group.

Maybe I'm not the only one who understands it that way, because few days later, a car driver crashed willingly in a crowd in Sept-Sorts in France, and I got advance warning for that too.

Just like I got advance warning before the train crash in Italy, which was followed by the "terrorist attack by Daesh" with the truck in Nice, France.

So while Daesh did carry some attacks, please keep an open mind when you hear about such an event. They often just belong to the relations between governments - not normal, but usual.

Edited by Enthalpy

42 minutes ago, Enthalpy said:

Is "On both sides" the English codeword for a retaliation, like "respect" and "Respekt" are in French and German? Donald Trump said it between the crashes in Charlottesville and Sept-Sorts, and also between two other attacks.

I guess I never got issued my copy of The Boy's Own Book of Codewords for Use in International Politics.

These codewords are used mainly by secret services and are not specific to politics. I've identified a few hundreds, mainly in French, but they use to be very similar at least within the Nato.

Macaron = Emmanuel Macron
Puissance = Nicolas Sarkozy
Mythique = François Mitterrand
Humble = pope Francis
Consacré = pope Benedict XVI
Pèlerin = pope John Paul II
Dédié = Vatican (or catholic church?)
Impressionnant = the Press
Concerne = big company
Malade (sick) = spook been caught
Borderline = cross the border
Parcours du combattant = sending troops