Why is there a subkingdom of fungi if there's only one subkingdom?

SFNQuestions

From what I can tell, there's only one subkingdom in the fungi kingdom, the "Dikarya." For whatever obscure reason, numerous sources hint at another subkingdom that possess flagella, but never remotely explain anything about it, and there's no point in having a "subkingdom" if it's only one category. All that's said is that Dikarya is divided into Ascomycota and Basidiomycota. All I'm looking for is the most general taxon rank for a fungi just below the actual kingdom of fungi that includes the Dikarya and whatever this mystery category is. What about molds? They're a fungus aren't they?

Yes it does. It's just that you were hoping for a rational explanation.

It by it does you mean it doesn't, then I'd agree. There are other other fungal species that do not fit into the Dikarya sub-kingdom, it's simply the case that their classification isn't visible within what I've researched with respect to the rest of the fungus kingdom, it only requires someone who's actually knowledgeable enough in biology,

Edited by SFNQuestions