Was writing a post, and had to leave for work.

Mathematical

If you close the page without posting I don't think autosaving helps you. I'm not sure what the autosave actually does.

It does work. I just tried it.

I typed something and then refreshed the page after the auto-save message.

It was blank but there is this button highlighted in red. When you click it, this window pops up:

HKk37cQ.png

As long as the message has been autosaved you can wander off to different pages and go back to your message by clicking in the message box and using the restore option. As soon as you write another message in it, it will be lost. For reference, if you have an outage or technical cock up of some sort, you can try getting it back by refreshing the page and clicking back in the box and it may give the option to restore in the bottom-left of the message box. I think it uses a couple of minutes intervals to autosave your message at that time.

Edited by StringJunky

Well, thank you everyone! Really. Unfortunately, I cannot retrieve the lost content and will write it up again later.

You could just pin Notepad to your taskbar in Windows then copy/paste your post in for future posts. Comes up instantly and saveable; no waiting to load.

Edited by StringJunky