Your name

Would you reveal your real name here on SFN?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you reveal your real name here on SFN?

• Yes - it's below
    • Yes - but only in a PM (private message)
    • No - not here on SFN
    • No - never on the internet

just publishing your phone number in the phone book gets you prank phonecalls and people trying to sell you stuff, so im a little guarded with my personal info.

plus it would make it easyer for 4nums to find me before i find him...

My name is probably all over the internet already...

If you type my name into google, you could find out a lot of information about me.

The first hit would be an abstract I wrote for research I've done.

So does it really matter if I give my name out here?

my name is a very vauge term, as a mmorpg player my real name and my mmorpg name are practiacaly the same- if a mate shouts out my mmorpg ill turn around, same with my fps name, a name is just a method if id- your birthname being the one recognised by the state, but if i went up to someone i knew online and used my real name they probably wouldnt know who i was. a name is just a form of I.D.

id be more annoyed about my mmorpg name getting out than my rl one to be honest.

i voted only in a PM would I give my first name away. If I posted it, I would be afraid some smartass would use my first name while we were arguing. IDK why, but that would really annoy me. I guess becasue I hate when people read your nametag at work and call you by it thinking they are the sooo freakin' clever.