Guns

blike

Should the private citizen be allowed to keep and own guns?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should the private citizen be allowed to keep and own guns?

• Yes!
    • No way!

Damn you atm - I just spent the past 15 minutes looking for those sword posts in this giant thread. Posts #264-274 or thereabouts.

We are retreading old ground here. Most of the arguments from the first 30 replies are now being endlessly repeated.

yeah... that's why i stopped posting on this thread.

i remember that katana post :D

and i believe the fear thing was me too :)

<edit> P.S.

i believe this post is my best and last post on this thread (i didn't look any farther).

Perhaps it should be closed... I sure am sick of it.

but in doing so, we would rob Sayonara of more such searches and that would be unforgivable ;)

Damn you atm - I just spent the past 15 minutes looking for those sword posts in this giant thread. Posts #264-274 or thereabouts.

And with gun and ammo seperated, how can you defend yourself?

I wouldn`t use a gun to defend myself in my home anyway, despite it being unlawfull, I wouldn`t feel at all happy having to shoot someone :(

I do have a spray that would make pepper spray seem decidedly edible by comparison! :)

THAT I would use! :)

reason to own a gun: for practicing and because it looks cool.

Let's see... Extreme danger to the surroundings ....... looking cool..... extreme danger.... cool.... hmmmm..... what shall I chose.... what oh what... uhhhh

Yes, very blantly sarcastic, but transffers a point, now, doesn't it? ;)

so the big question i saw posted was this: do we change people's minds, making the laws irrelivent; or do we change the laws, making the people's minds irrelivent?

How 'bout changing education?

Uh, I might be blind but I don't see where we're repeating things -- we have with the swords thing, but this "Rules/Education/Man-desire" aspects and the entire "No one should really have a need for a gun" aspect is quite new I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong though..

Oh, and YT:

I do have a spray that would make pepper spray seem decidedly edible by comparison! :)

THAT I would use! :)

Remind me to let you know in advance if I show up to your surprise birthday party, will ya? :P

~moo

Oh' date=' and YT:

Remind me to let you know in advance if I show up to your surprise birthday party, will ya? :P

~moo[/quote']

yer always welcome, just don`t forget the password :)

as for "Cool", well many of the guys I shoot with have better guns than me that look "really mean" and look "cool".

I`ll tell you what`s COOL though, when you`re up against them and you whooop ass on the target with your little gun that isn`t as fancy. now THAT is COOL!!!! :))

whilst eating a scots bonnet chili trying to recite the periodic table of elements (complete with Proton number) in alphabetical order!

Come on and have a go if you think you`re hard enough! :)))))

btw, are we a just a little bit "Off Topic" here? or is it just me? :)

Scots Bonnet Chilis (Habaneros for we Americans) are classified as lethal weapons in some countries.

lmao!

now THAT's actually quite on topic.

showing how some things that can be used as weapons can also be outlawed as weapons... quite on topic to swords and whatnot

• 1 month later...

Sumthig taht shocs about American "gun control" programs is the fact that, mostly, they consist of checking the buyers credit. Not teh crime hsitroy, but the credit $. Now, I persoanlly thinmk taht people who want a gun should pass an IQ test, with 120 as teh minimum score to get a gun. Also, psich profiling, and checkin the buyers house for a good place where to keep the guin. If thee guy is gonna keep the gun in teh table, then he should not get a gun. However if the guy is smart, not crazy and is keeping the gun in a safe, then and onkly then, he might get a gun

I have noticed something (not just now): Ameicans live in fear of their neighbors. If you asked this same question in a latin or asian or muslim forum, the answer would be 5% for guns and 95% for no guns.