Football World Cup in Brasil - Love it or hate it?

CaptainPanic

The Football World Cup in Brasil is about to start. Are you gonna watch it, or can't you wait for it to be over so we can all resume normal life again? Are you gonna dress up in your own (or someone else's) national colours to support the team? Watch at home or in the pub? And who's gonna win it?

I will definitely see the Dutch play, and I will go to the pub to see it. I have some old orange shirt which I will wear. I do go see the match in the pub only when the Dutch play at a major tournament (European or World Cup).

I don't think the Dutch will get very far, since we meet the reigning World champions in the 1st match. The most sensible guess is that Brasil will win it (a good team playing at home), but I hope some underdog can snatch the title. Bosnia would be an awesome champion.

I shall watch at least some of the matches. I shall honour my Kentish ancestry and support England, while noting that any international competition that lacks a Scottish team can hardly be considered a bona fide event.

Living in the United States, I can honestly say that if it wasn't for my European acquaintences and Google (see the front page today), I would have no clue this was even happening.

With you here, though with the added caveat that Australia sometimes qualifies for the WC and when they do, it's all you ever hear about on the news. In New Zealand, where I originate from, it wouldn't even get a look in. If for no other reason then because it's in the middle of the Bledisloe, Tri-nations, Super 15 qualifiers and international test match end of rugby season and if there's one thing you'll never see in NZ, it's another sporting event getting in the way of rugby.

I shall watch at least some of the matches. I shall honour my Kentish ancestry and support England, while noting that any international competition that lacks a Scottish team can hardly be considered a bona fide event.

Are you saying No True Scotsman would watch the World Cup?

World Cup? What's that?

Just a little group of 200 odd countries having a kick about,

Not as grand as "The WORLD series" I think they play rounders or something like that? I think America as won it a few times :), Not sure what other country as won the "WORLD" series.

Not as grand as "The WORLD series" I think they play rounders or something like that? I think America as won it a few times :), Not sure what other country as won the "WORLD" series.

Nobody. The US really dominates that competition.

Canada won in a couple of years.