TIME TRAVEL IS POSSIBLE!!!!

Kiss_My_Hand

article-1269288-095FBC16000005DC-551_634

all you need is a MIRROR.

It works on the principle that, when you look at yourself in a mirror, you arent seeing YOU, per se, but the BACK IN TIME you.

How?

When you look at a mirror, the light rays start off at your eyeball, bounce on the mirror, get reflected back off into your eye, thus creating the mirrorical picture you see.

article-2005586-02F2097D000005DC-618_468

Now. it takes TIME for those light rays to do all that stuff, going off your eyes, travelling headfirst into the glass of the mirror with a bang, then painfully lugging the picture off the mirrors surface into your eye again. all this takes time, init? light travels at 3 million miles per second, which means it takes 0.0008763 seconds between the light going outa your eye, and you seeing the YOU in the mirror.

in short, you are seeing the YOU that was in existence 0.0008763 seconds in the PAST. you can NEVER see the NOW you.

that way, whenever you look in the mirror, you are actually peering
INTO THE DARK, SINISTER YAWNING CHASM...OF PAST TIME!!!!

mmmm...

Steven Hawking says time travel into the past is not possible.

It generally seems that way, but it is not completley obvious that is the case. Quantum field theory on curved space-times generically seems to have impossible to handle divergances when approaching a closed time-like path, that is a time machine. As far as I know this has been shown via examples and there is no general theorem saying that this is always the case.

Even then, there maybe loop holes in a full quantum theory of gravity.

It is an interesting and very technical question.

all you need is a MIRROR.

It works on the principle that, when you look at yourself in a mirror, you arent seeing YOU, per se, but the BACK IN TIME you.

How?

When you look at a mirror, the light rays start off at your eyeball, bounce on the mirror, get reflected back off into your eye, thus creating the mirrorical picture you see.

Now. it takes TIME for those light rays to do all that stuff, going off your eyes, travelling headfirst into the glass of the mirror with a bang, then painfully lugging the picture off the mirrors surface into your eye again. all this takes time, init? light travels at 3 million miles per second, which means it takes 0.0008763 seconds between the light going outa your eye, and you seeing the YOU in the mirror.

in short, you are seeing the YOU that was in existence 0.0008763 seconds in the PAST. you can NEVER see the NOW you.

that way, whenever you look in the mirror, you are actually peering

INTO THE DARK, SINISTER YAWNING CHASM...OF PAST TIME!!!!

mmmm...

vile fonts and large pictures / photos snipped.

FYG light travels at 300 million metres per second not miles per second; it is about 186,000 miles per second

In 0.0008763 of a second light travels about 261 kilometres - which is about the distance from London (where I am sitting) to Manchester - I am pretty sure I couldn't use a mirror at that distance.. For your ready reference one light nano-second is about a foot.

Time travel is not just possible, but inevitable. we all drift through it at a rate of one second per second (measured in our local frame of reference).

please dont try to act smart. you KNOW what my thread is about. rolleyes

vile fonts and large pictures / photos snipped.

FYG light travels at 300 million metres per second

obviously; i was just exaggerating for effect! why all the fuss? rolleyes

For the OP...

Generally speaking the light rays that enter your eye did not "start off at your eyeball".

please dont try to act smart. you KNOW what my thread is about. rolleyes

obviously; i was just exaggerating for effect! why all the fuss? rolleyes

On both points - this is Scienceforums.net not MakeItUpAsYouPlease.net. And frankly I for one would prefer it if you would "try to act smart". Getting things correct, being accurate and precise, and expressing oneself clearly is part and parcel of science - we try to behave that way on the forum; sorry if that is an inconvenience.

On both points - this is Scienceforums.net not MakeItUpAsYouPlease.net.

Not made up- but the result of pure, diamondical reasoning in its purest form.

And frankly I for one would prefer it if you would "try to act smart".

Obviously, it was I who thought of that theory, wasnt it? *smacks you on the head* dont be silly! Go have a beer, if you dont have anything clever to say.

!

Moderator Note

A troll-ish OP, and then some incivility in subsequent posts, and hardly a speck of science.

Closed, pending further mod review.

why would you expect me to answer your questions?

!

Moderator Note

It's how the discussion boards work. Soapboxing/preaching is against the rules