Re Incarnation

ajaysinghgoshiyal

No one is god and has all the answers.

I agree completely.

I quoted the book as evidence! What more proof could you want?

Really?

Is that all it takes? If the book says there's proof of life after death then that's all the proof I should need?

Really?

Yes. It proves whatever it says. These are techniques that have to be applied to be seen and believed. It cannot be proven without trying it out first.

Metaphysics as a discipline was a central part of academic inquiry and scholarly education even before the age of aristotle who considered it as "the Queen of Sciences"

Edited by ajaysinghgoshiyal

Yes. It proves whatever it says. These are techniques that have to be applied to be seen and believed. It cannot be proven without trying it out first.

Metaphysics as a discipline was a central part of academic inquiry and scholarly education even before the age of aristotle who considered it as "the Queen of Sciences"

Meta physics is like debating with a horse about how long his feathers are...

I have come across this new term from Meta Physics. An extremely renowned author in a particular book goes as far as to state the following "that reincarnation actually exists because when we die our bodies die too (the red blood cells) but the white blood cells carry memories or our souls of our previous lives into our next lives". Is this really true? Or is the author nuts or some thing?

This isn't metaphysics. This isn't even philosophy. It's weapons grade bs.

There is proof of life after death. It is written by no less than a neurosurgeon.

No, there's not. You can claim whatever you want in pop books.

Neurosurgeons can make mistakes and it's also true that his ability to use a scalpel carefully is no reason to believe in his philosophical viewpoint.

Neurosurgeons are neither neurobiologists/neuropsychologists nor are they philosophers. What they say on the matter is irrelevant. It's like trusting your car mechanic to tell you he has proof that one of the major ideas in engineering is wrong.

look to meta physics for proof. you will surely find it in audrey craft davis's book.

Why is it that anytime someone wants to pawn off unadulterated nonsense as respectable they add "metaphysics" to it? This has nothing to do with metaphysics.

Please dont take my word for it. We can agree to disagree on this.

No we cannot agree to disagree. I will not accept your willful disregard for facts, your readiness to consider baseless claims, your insistence of confusing complex phraseology with evidence, and your inclination to accept apparently authoritative statements without applying due scepticism. These are all unacceptable positions that I find greatly disagreeable.

I quoted the book as evidence! What more proof could you want?

So, since I can quote this from a book, presumably you now believe in a wizard called Harry Potter.

"Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. They were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn't hold with such nonsense. Mr. Dursley was the director of a firm called Grunnings, which made drills. He was a big, beefy man with hardly any neck, although he did have a very large mustache. Mrs. Dursley was thin and blonde and had nearly twice the usual amount of neck, which came in very useful as shes pent so much of her time craning over garden fences, spying on the neighbors. The Dursleys had a small son called Dudley and in their opinion there was no finer boy anywhere."

(That's not my work, BTW, it's cribbed from J K Rowling.)

So, since I can quote this from a book, presumably you now believe in a wizard called Harry Potter.

"Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. They were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn't hold with such nonsense. Mr. Dursley was the director of a firm called Grunnings, which made drills. He was a big, beefy man with hardly any neck, although he did have a very large mustache. Mrs. Dursley was thin and blonde and had nearly twice the usual amount of neck, which came in very useful as shes pent so much of her time craning over garden fences, spying on the neighbors. The Dursleys had a small son called Dudley and in their opinion there was no finer boy anywhere."

(That's not my work, BTW, it's cribbed from J K Rowling.)

No i do not believe in magic. But that does not imply that god simply does not exist.

• 2 months later...