On a Theory of Room Temperature Superconductivity

Popcorn Sutton

I'm interested in this. I want to fly. I want a flying car.

Michio Kaku demonstrated that if you use a piece of ceramic and submerge it in liquid nitrogen(?), you can make a magnet levitate and travel seemingly without friction. I believe that EM waves are probably the most efficient waves to surf with respect to friction that we know of. Who knows, maybe we can find an alternative, but in the meantime this is my hypothesis.

Freezing gas is not an option, it's much too expensive to maintain. What I notice is that the liquid nitrogen boils when it is poured into the container. The ceramic is pretty solid. I'm going to have to assume that there is a repulsive force causing the nitrogen to decay rapidly and be reduced to powerful EM waves. There are two options, instead of using ceramic, we could use an even more solidified object which would mean that we can use a liquid that is warmer than liquid nitrogen. The problem with super solid substances is that they are brittle and they are combustible, so we would need to maintain the substance because it would most likely dissolve in the liquid. So, what if we just use water, but introduce it to a solid substance that causes reduction. One way of reducing the water (or causing it to boil at room temperature) would be to carbonate it as much as possible, although it would go flat after a little while.

Im going to have to think about this one more.

You need to explain what you think you mean by "an even more solidified object" and "super solid substances"

You also need to explain why you think there is anything odd about the fact that liquid nitrogen boils when poured into a container that's a lot hotter than the boiling point of nitrogen.

It would also help if you knew what the word "theory" means in a scientific context.

What I notice is that the liquid nitrogen boils when it is poured into the container. The ceramic is pretty solid. I'm going to have to assume that there is a repulsive force causing the nitrogen to decay rapidly and be reduced to powerful EM waves

It doesn't decay. It boils because the container is hotter than it's boiling point. Just like boiling water doesn't 'decay'. And it has nothing to do with 'EM waves'. doh.gif

There are some really huge gaps in whatever education you've received so far.

Edited by ACG52

It would also help if you knew what the word "theory" means in a scientific context.

String Theory cannot be tested, which means it is a hypothesis. I am afraid the word is now "officially" ambiguous.

String Theory cannot be tested, which means it is a hypothesis. I am afraid the word is now "officially" ambiguous.

String theory does have testable predictions. While we might not be at the technological advancement where we can actually test them, the predictions still exist. Not testable now isn't the same as not testable at all.

There may be gaps in my understanding, I never claimed to be 100% right, just that I want a flying car. My logic is this. Liquid nitrogen is cold, but it boils around the ceramic. Ceramic is hard, but I don't know much more about the properties of ceramic. I'll look into it though. I really want a flying car.

Nitrogen boiling is probably a lot like water boiling, it creates nitrogen steam. Maybe that is part of the force that is holding the magnet up in a levitated position. How do we get something like water to boil at room temperature though? Is there any solution to that?

There may be gaps in my understanding, I never claimed to be 100% right, just that I want a flying car. My logic is this. Liquid nitrogen is cold, but it boils around the ceramic. Ceramic is hard, but I don't know much more about the properties of ceramic. I'll look into it though. I really want a flying car.

Nitrogen boiling is probably a lot like water boiling, it creates nitrogen steam. Maybe that is part of the force that is holding the magnet up in a levitated position. How do we get something like water to boil at room temperature though? Is there any solution to that?

Here's a suggestion. Why don't you take 15 minutes or so and look up superconductivity.

Here, I'll save you the trouble of a google search: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superconductivity

It's really simple to find some basic information BEFORE you post nonsense.

How would you steer a car that was levitating? Aren't you talking about a lot of retrofit controls for a vehicle that was meant for friction-based maneuvering?

They have a motorcycle that turns into a helicopter that sells for about $280K.

Flying cars sounds interesting but I always think of them in terms of I'm-the-only-person-that-has-one. I say goodbye to the sluggish traffic, fire up my VTOL and wave at all the envious, angry commuters beneath me. But can you imagine what the skies would be like if there were as many flying cars as ground cars?

String theory does have testable predictions. While we might not be at the technological advancement where we can actually test them, the predictions still exist. Not testable now isn't the same as not testable at all.

I did not mean to imply otherwise. I have read CERN is way to small, and maybe nothing on earth similar to CERN can ever be big enough. But, this discussion should be in another thread, I think. Although, I am too ignorant to continue further.

Here's a suggestion. Why don't you take 15 minutes or so and look up superconductivity.

Here, I'll save you the trouble of a google search: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superconductivity

It's really simple to find some basic information BEFORE you post nonsense.

I gave you a rep point because you supplied the link. I didn't think I was posting nonsense though. After reading the link, I have to conclude that there must be an alternative.

The properties of the ceramic is where ALL of the physics is in this demonstration. It's a superconductor. It needs to be cold to be a superconductor and exclude or pin the flux lines and hover the way it does.

Technically, we could use a vaccuum force to maintain a specific height if we also had a resistance to the force that didn't cancel it out. It doesn't necessarily have to be a superconductor.

Do you realise that science isn't just stringing words together?