:+: Favorite Quotes :+:

USMA German

Go ahead and post the quote that you like the most...

One who takes position first at the battleground and awaits the enemy is at ease.

One who takes position later at the battleground and hastens to do battle is at labor.

Thus one skilled at battle summons others and is not summoned by them.

- Sun Tzu

How about these, all from George W. Bush:

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."

"They misunderestimated me."

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

More "Bushisms":

"I own a timber company? That's news to me. Need some wood?"

"I hope you leave here and walk out and say, 'What did he say?'"

"He married a Texas girl, I want you to know. Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me."

"My job is to, like, think beyond the immediate."

"More Muslims have died at the hands of killers than — I say more Muslims — a lot of Muslims have died — I don't know the exact count — at Istanbul. Look at these different places around the world where there's been tremendous death and destruction because killers kill."

bush_monkey_small.jpg

How about these' date=' all from George W. Bush:

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."

"They misunderestimated me."

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."[/quote']

I dont think bushisms count

But you forgot:

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

------------------

But my fav quote is

in my sig

but my second fav is

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." - Elbert Hubbard

Kerrisms

"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."

- John F. Kerry

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

- John F. Kerry

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

- John F. Kerry

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."

- John F. Kerry

"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."

- John F. Kerry

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

- John F. Kerry

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."

- John F. Kerry

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

- John F. Kerry

Oh yes, those democrats, no wonder they lost...

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

- John F. Kerry

That quote was not from Kerry! It was from Dan Quayle! (A republican) Lookie here.

All of these republicans are the same...they don't know what is what or who is who...it's sad, really.

I know' date=' I thought you would get it, he didn't really say any of that, it was made up or others said it. I got it from here.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_john_kerry_quotes.htm Urban legends

I wrote it to show the exact amount of credibility these and other quotes have. Which is just about nil.

My quotes have plenty of "credibility"(something Bush DOESN'T have) :P

I get your point demosthenes, but the majority of Bushisms come from actual transcripts of interviews and speeches. Some quotes do have credibility. Although, if a candidate, or anyone else, reads a speech written by someone else, it isn't really right to attribute the quote to the candidate. With quotes attributed to Bush like, "Wrong war. Wrong place. Wrong time."(taken out of context) I would bet my last penny that Bush was merely repeating what his Communications Director or someone else came up with.

p.s. I have reviewed the evidence carefully and come to the conclusion that Weezer is the greatest band currently producing music.

These are a few of my favs:

"When ideas fail, words come in very handy."

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."

"A man can stand anything except a succession of ordinary days."

"We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe."

"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832)

"Never attibute to malice what can attibuted to stupidity" (I can prove this...)

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

" Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know "