How can I make her fit in more?

TransformerRobot

Another problem involving my animated series concept.

First, here's the female lead:

still_cute__by_transformerrobot-d5net95.

Secondly, she's on the team representing Canada, whereas her home is a far off planet full of giant trees and humid weather with lots of rainfall. Canada isn't much like that.

This is a character I've worked really hard on, and I don't want her to stick out like a sore thumb.

So how can I change her to fit in more with being on the Canadian team?

Give her a beard and a lumberjack shirt.

In all seriousness though, there's probably no good way to make a green creature with a tail appear "more Canadian". Is this the only species who live here as Canadian citizens? If there are several, you can probably get away with people accepting aliens as inhabitants of Earth without making an effort trying to make them fit in.

The belly button is because that's where the yolk sends nutrient into the baby before it hatches. Her breasts are fat deposits that form the yolk after the baby's been conceived.

Since she is an alien I see no reason why she shouldn't be able to lactate, I withdraw my criticism... An alien could very well be a combination of widely different traits compared to Earth life or share none at all...

Love the wide hips BTW...

Love the wide hips BTW...

She'll need wide hips if that egg is drawn to scale!

In the second image, she has her arms crossed, and the shape of her cheek bones makes it look like her jaw is clenched. I like that. It looks tough. You should make a stern facial expression where she has her jaw clenched (a more square shaped jaw) but her mouth is still closed. It would go well with her tattoos red markings.

Edited by Mondays Assignment: Die

Now will somebody please respond to my idea that she is cryogenically frozen in her back-story?

This question?

What if she was cryogenically frozen long ago, the ship carrying her and others of her species crashed into Canada in the 1200s, and no humans found the capsules until 900 years later?

What do you mean "what if..."? Are you asking for permission to build your fictional universe in your own way? Of course one could imagine their spaceship crash landing in Canada, then their life support keeps functioning for a few hundred years until they're found by humans.

Question is, if a small bunch of reptilians were found at a crash site anywhere, do you really think they would not be sensationalized? I doubt they would ever have much free time in between lab tests, linguistic research and press conferences to ever excel in a sport.

First, here's the female lead:

Secondly, she's on the team representing Canada, whereas her home is a far off planet full of giant trees and humid weather with lots of rainfall. Canada isn't much like that.

This is a character I've worked really hard on, and I don't want her to stick out like a sore thumb.

So how can I change her to fit in more with being on the Canadian team?

Why is being on the Canadian team so important that you have to change her? Could it be that the Canadians need more diversity in their group and that's why she's more valuable to them? This sounds like a great way to get some character conflict going, that she wants to fit in more with the Canadians but always ends up sticking out like a sore thumb.

What if she was cryogenically frozen long ago, the ship carrying her and others of her species crashed into Canada in the 1200s, and no humans found the capsules until 900 years later? After all, we're a cold country.

Why would this make a difference to the character? How does it help her to blend in? Why is blending in important? You could put her in an Armani suit and she's still going to stick out with that skin color and that tail.

The belly button is because that's where the yolk sends nutrient into the baby before it hatches. Her breasts are fat deposits that form the yolk after the baby's been conceived.

Do the breasts have a lactation function? If so, she would be more closely aligned with our monotremes. They lay eggs but also breastfeed their young. You might check out their habits to give you a clue about this alien's lifestyle.

If her breasts are for forming the yolk, are we to assume she is carrying an egg? Would a non-pregnant female have those deposits? When did she mate? Was it before she got frozen?

Do the markings vary from creature to creature in her species, like fingerprints?

I have some trouble with the way she's dressed. Is she wearing the top to emulate the Canadians covering their own breasts? Also, the loincloth is a very functional, simple design but I don't think it would be natural for a creature with a tail like that. The back panel seems superfluous. Is she a warrior? Perhaps some kind of breastplate or scaled armor that extends to cover the genitals and back would be more natural for her race and still give you the coverup necessary for your viewers.

My intended audience is teenagers actually.

The back panel of her loincloth is to cover up what's below her tail. She's wearing a bra because I wouldn't be allowed to show her topless even with a PG-13 rating. The breasts don't lactate, but when the females develop eggs in their wombs the breasts get saggy and empty. That's because the breasts store the fat that becomes the baby's yolk sac.

I just wanted her to fit in on the Canadian team because I, the creator of this concept, am Canadian. I'm just writing what I know.

...Just realized that, because she's part of an alien race I created on the spot, I don't really have to change her to be more Canadian if necessary.

Plus, because she's still a foreigner adjusting to Canadian customs, that gives her a bigger connection to modern day Canada, because we are among the most multicultural countries on Earth.

I just wanted her to fit in on the Canadian team because I, the creator of this concept, am Canadian. I'm just writing what I know.

Actually fitting in is boring. Standing out in a crowd, fighting to fit in but never quite making it, learning a new culture without losing your old one, these things are interesting. They make a better story.

You should tilt it the other way, and make fitting in to Canadian society be really difficult, even with Canada's multicultural stance. Like maybe she's deathly allergic to maple syrup, or Tim Horton's doughnuts are like her kryptonite.

Nah, the closest thing I had in mind to that is that she's adjusting to Canadian winters, not breaking certain things with her superhuman strength, sleeping in trees without getting laughed at, and not scaring people away when she hisses out of anger.