Pole shift?

Semjase

Is a pole shift imminent? There is mounting evidence

that the Earth will physically shift on it's axis as the outer

planets seem to be doing as amateur astronomers are

reporting, is there a coverup going on concerning this

situation?

http://www.examiner.com/article/pole-shift-has-begun-on-outer-planets-and-chavez-goforth-needs-help-to-prove-it

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi/noframes/read/129160

Bases assumptions on an iPhone app, disables ratings and comments on the Youtube video (the one on the Examiner), article on a site called RUMORmill (whose original source doesn't mention Jupiter's polar shifts by the way), Planet X, Earth suddenly flipping over, and conspiracy theories. Yeah, this has all the marks of being accurate and true.

Sure. The magnetic poles are moving at an astounding rate, and should absolutely be studied. That's no reason to bring in pseudoscience and conspiracy theories to the mix. I mean, look at this screenshot from the video.

fgmdh.jpg

You just can't take those people seriously. The poles have shifted in the past and will likely shift in the future. But it's not because of blurry photos of the Sun from Hawaii, and it's definitely not because of a Death Star sized ship in orbit around Saturn.

Scientist would like to know if there is an external magnetic field pulling

on the Earth, such as a change of the magnetic field of the galaxy as

the Earth passes through the galactic plane, or the magnetic field change

is a simply internal without any outside influences. Observed physical changes in the pole

positions of outside planets or moons would definitely answer this question. People would

kind of like to know that.

Watched the first vid and: gah, the stupid, it burns.

What you observe (i.e. the angle of Tycho) depends on where you are on earth and when you do the observing.

(Never mind that he repeatedly mispronounces libration and disconcerting.)

We just went through this in another thread. a change in the axis would result in a change in declination (not the same as orientation) of the sun at solar noon and also the north star not being north anymore — it would rotate around the sky over the course of the night, more than it does now. We don't see these things.

Here's evidence that the Earth is tilting on it's axis.
Watch both videos and I guarantee you will be convinced

Why would I watch a video?

I can look out of the window and see the moon, looking just the same as it did in old paintings.

If, on the other hand, I look at it from the other hemisphere, it's the "wrong" way up.

So, if the earth's axis tilted I wouldn't need a video, just my eyes.

Why do you believe all this rubbish?

Why didn't you realise that you can tell it is nonsense, by just looking at the moon?

Cornel University has reported an inexplicable anomaly in the moons orbit.

Also projected future image of the moon on a certain date, place and time

by an observatory does not match the moons orientation of the moon

actually observed on the projected future date,time and place from that observatory

as can been seen below

It may just be the spelling Nazi in me, but if someone misspells the name Cornell University in their Youtube video entitled "Cornel University "Moon orbit is wrong"" it makes me doubt the judiciousness of their research.

Here's evidence that the Earth is tilting on it's axis.

Watch both videos and I guarantee you will be convinced

Why would I watch a video?

I can look out of the window and see the moon, looking just the same as it did in old paintings.

If, on the other hand, I look at it from the other hemisphere, it's the "wrong" way up.

So, if the earth's axis tilted I wouldn't need a video, just my eyes.

Why do you believe all this rubbish?

Why didn't you realise that you can tell it is nonsense, by just looking at the moon?

If you watched the Inuit people people video they just used there eyes

and they all noticed a change of orientation of the sun and stars and

they totally rely on the sun and stars for navigation and are outdoors most of

time their whole lives so their in a position to say if somethings changed.

It hasn't moved in 40 years

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091109050756AAxqqXw

It hasn't moved in 400 years

http://jane.whiteoaks.com/2009/08/31/chasing-galileo-22-day-old-moon-comparison/

And it hasn't moved in 4000 years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonehenge

And, if it had moved in the last 4 years, most people's sat navs and satellite TV wouldn't work.

Why do you persist in believing this sort of nonsense?

Edited by John Cuthber

It may just be the spelling Nazi in me, but if someone misspells the name Cornell University in their Youtube video entitled "Cornel University "Moon orbit is wrong"" it makes me doubt the judiciousness of their research.

That fair, but that's like also saying the Inuit people are all stupid and don't know

what their talking about.

Have you looked at the original article? Have you seen the error they found? Do you have any idea how infinitesimal it is? Because, and here's a big hint, it is. Connecting it to the Earth suddenly tipping over is ridiculous.

That fair, but that's like also saying the Inuit people are all stupid and don't know

what their talking about.

Err, pointing out that the author didn't even proof read the title of his video is like saying the Inuit are stupid how, exactly?

Cornel University has reported an inexplicable anomaly in the moons orbit.

Also projected future image of the moon on a certain date, place and time

by an observatory does not match the moons orientation of the moon

actually observed on the projected future date,time and place from that observatory

as can been seen below

You know, linking to a video in which someone fumbles through reading a document is probably the lowest form of crap you can offer. He mentions the paper. You can't even be bothered to look it up and provide a link to it? The rules of the forum demand that YOU provide scientific evidence to support your claim. Videos such as this DO NOT QUALIFY. You need to step up your game.

____

Since the subject came up recently, I'll mention this again: GPS doesn't work if you don't know the direction the earth's axis is pointing, and we measure this.

http://maia.usno.navy.mil/whatiseop.html

The variation of the pole orientation is constrained to be less than a half second of arc from 2000-2009. That's 1/7200 of a degree. My colleagues down the hall process this information. I'd have heard if there had been a pole shift inconsistent with the graph in the link.

Here' someone who measured the change in the Earth tilt for himself.

He found a normal tilt angle of 23.5 degrees changed to a current 29 degrees.

"A. My Original Theory: The Earth is still tilted at a normal 23.5 degree angle.

Last year, my older brother and I were discussing this topic when he mentioned a

number of local farmers working their field were saying the same thing...
the sun was not setting in the right places for that time of year.
That's when my ears perked up. I grew up around farmers and I know this
group of no-nonsense, rugged individuals stay in tune with nature,
weather & sun conditions all the time to care for their crops. They
may be no scientists... but they are NO DUMMIES either... they know how
to grow food, do you?

"I chose an old southern Ohio town I drive by with hills very
close to the horizon stretching South to North to make sure I got
accurate readings. And a side benefit was the hills provided good
landmarks to work with as I noted the suns location 5 days after the
Winter Solstice & 5 days before the Summer Solstice.

Why? Simple, each Solstice represents the extreme distance the sun
will move along the horizon to the South or North. And with all the
debunkers out there drooling to blow this article away, the figures I
will be sharing are "Conservative" in nature.
I armed myself
with a compass, protractor, satellite map and good old math. I located a
single point point to take my sunset readings just as the sun hit the
horizon and marked it down on the map.

I thought I'd better go with a more conservative reading. So, what I am
going to share could be off by as much as +/- 1 degree, fair enough?
Besides, I am using "Old School" tools that folks have used for
centuries to navigate the world, It shouldn't require a "Transit" to get
"NASA" quality results to share.

Over time, I even dumped the lensatic compass readings once I
discovered the 8-13 degree variance caused by polar drift? But since I
was already using both horizon landmarks as well as the compass, I lost no reading data. (Note: Geophysical map landmarks & protractors don't lie... but compasses can.)

C. Solar Reading Results:

Using basic math, map & angle calculations anybody can do, the results were very interesting but nothing to panic over... just fascinating.
I've attached a map below of the area observed, marked it with my
results... even took several readings on different days to ensure
accuracy too.

Some Basics First:

1. * The earth's tilt is normally 23.5 degrees which gives us a nice change of seasons.
  2. * California is farther South on the globe than Ohio, indiana,
    Pennsylvannia because of the 23.5 degree tilt in relation to the
    sun... it's not horizontally the same as depicted on so many maps!
  3. * Sunrises move from the East by SouthEast to East by NorthEast every 6 months (23.5 degrees)
  4. * Sunsets move from the West by SouthWest to West by NorthWest every 6 months (23.5 degrees)

My Results:

• * The earth's normal tilt of 23.5 degrees has increased a minimum of +/- 5.5 degrees to an estimated 29 degrees
  • over an unknown span of time.
  • * The angular difference from a Winter Solstice sunset to a Summer Solstice sunset is supposed to be 47 degrees
  • (23.5 x 2) from the same observation point.
  • * Spring/Fall Equinox Sunrises/Sunsets is supposed to mark the 0 Degree mark used to indicate true East & West.
  • (Note: These equinox solar directional readings were used to design small town streets to head in the four cardinal
  • directions of the average compass [North, South, East, West]... but not so much anymore.)
  • * From Winter Solstice 2011 timeframe to Summer Solstice timeframe 2012... the angular difference has increase in
  • favor of the North from 47 degrees (normal) to 58 degrees! "
Edited by Semjase

Since the subject came up recently, I'll mention this again: GPS doesn't work if you don't know the direction the earth's axis is pointing, and we measure tiis.

OMG! I think we just solved why Apple maps are soooooo bad.

Here's a long exposure of the north star dated 2006

notice that the celestial north pole is to the left of the

north star.

post-78021-0-24056200-1362172513.jpeg

Check out this video on June 12th 2012 there not supposed

to be a sunrise at all at Davis station Antarctic there's 8 hours

of daylight on that date, which indicates a increase in the tilt of the Earth.

Again, look at the original sources. The Sun is below the horizon, yes. But just like any morning, it turns bright even when the Sun hasn't emerged yet. That day, the Sun was a measly 1 degree below the horizon, which would brighten up the sky enough for everyone to see all right. Just look at the log from that week.

http://www.antarctica.gov.au/living-and-working/stations/davis/this-week-at-davis/2012/this-week-at-davis-15-june-2012

Log of the Sun on that day:

http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=1035&month=6&year=2012&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1