Best DVD out now

MolecularMan14

I guess I wasn't looking into the detail of it, anyone know what he has to do with this movie then if its not one of his films?

Absolutely nothing other than getting his name on a good film.

maybe he wrote the script?

No. It's a Chinese film about China, made in China by Chinese people.

No idea what Tarantino is up to, but he probably thinks he's opening the door for Asian cinema :rolleyes:

Best DVD out now imo is Hero, the new Quentin Tarintino movie and best he has made by far. I personally do not like his movies but this one is great.

*feels deeply insulted*

Hollywood is currently lacking any form of creative talent. thats why there is such a big rush to remake japanese and asian films. "ring"? "eye"? "grudge"? watch out, others are coming as well.

Absolutely nothing other than getting his name on a good film.

No. It's a Chinese film about China' date=' made in China by Chinese people.

No idea what Tarantino is up to, but he probably thinks he's opening the door for Asian cinema :rolleyes:[/quote']

Quentin Tarantino was the Executive Producer in the US. Basically, he set up the distribution and so on in the US market. He's very skilled at advertising and distributing films, as well as building anticipation in the media, I don't doubt that his efforts helped move the movie into mainstream cinema.

Quentin Tarantino was the Executive Producer in the US. Basically, he set up the distribution and so on in the US market. He's very skilled at advertising and distributing films, as well as building anticipation in the media, I don't doubt that his efforts helped move the movie into mainstream cinema.

Everyone I know who is interested in Asian cinema had already heard of Hero before it was released on R1. I don't doubt though that it helped make the film more widely known (of) in the States.

Note that where you talk about this film and mainstream cinema, I was actually talking about Asian cinema as a whole. It's not like it's a new thing.

problem with hollywood is that they spend MASSIVE money on film' date=' so then HAVE to follow a set formula to make the film a sure fire hit, which results in many being cliched and highly unartistic.

Asian filmmakers dont have that problem[/quote']

Remember that NOONE, except good film makers, know what will sell. All the execs are going by previous performance, which means they will enforce a certain type o'thang on the film if there's a significant amount of risk involved.

Everyone I know who is interested in Asian cinema had already heard of Hero before it was released on R1. I don't doubt though that it helped make the film more widely known (of) in the States.

Note that where you talk about this film and mainstream cinema' date=' I was actually talking about Asian cinema as a whole. It's not like it's a new thing.[/quote']

I was commenting on Tarantino's role, not critiquing the public perception of Asian cinema. You suggested Tarantino did bugger all for the film, in reality he helped increase the box office. At the end of the day it's all about profit.

I was commenting on Tarantino's role, not critiquing the public perception of Asian cinema. You suggested Tarantino did bugger all for the film, in reality he helped increase the box office.

Yes, I was. As in "before it was released."

The question I responded to was "what did Tarantino have to do with this film?", not "what does Tarantino have to do with PR?".

At the end of the day it's all about profit.

Well ****ing duh.