Forum moderators and mental health

truth be known

Haven't you had a chat with John on the phone? :D

I had a chat with John (YT2095) on the phone, but not John (blike). YT2095 has got to be the most interesting man on the whole planet. When the zombie apocalypse happens, I pray he's on my side of the pond. He's humanity's best hope for survival.

helix nebula included? that's a humble comparison laugh.gif

Humble or Hubble?

So...your place at 5:00 PM? I'll bring the beer if swansont will bring a laptop so we can go on a drunken banning spree.

The really ironic part of this thread is that the OP condemns us for being vicious, controlling, power-hungry ban monsters. The truth is, you can see in the Banned/Suspended Member thread where you guys give rep points to the Mod who banned the worst offenders. Aristarchus in Exile, the OP's friend, is tied for the #2 spot. I think his ban met with major approval.

I had a chat with John (YT2095) on the phone, but not John (blike). YT2095 has got to be the most interesting man on the whole planet. When the zombie apocalypse happens, I pray he's on my side of the pond. He's humanity's best hope for survival.

I seem to recall you at least left John an interesting voicemail message...

I seem to recall you at least left John an interesting voicemail message...

This is true. At the time, I felt your tampering with the North Korean/Iranian technology transfers went beyond the purview of the administrative tasks John had assigned to you. While your success in the endeavor doesn't make me wrong, I'm forced to admit that this country, and indeed the entire free world, owes you a debt of gratitude.

What is it about internet forums that attracts control freaks as moderators? Is it the sense of POWER they feel possessing the 'banned' 'suspended' buttons? Do they enjoy total control because they have none over anyone in the real world? Were they robbed of a happy childhood, had an unhappier teen age hood, moved up to a miserable adulthood? Why can't they control their vicious instincts? Should they seek psychiatrict help or go to a churh where they will hear words like "Love" "Truth" "Honesty."

Posters on this forum, we need to have compassion for these moderators. They can't seem to help themselves, so let's help them through prayers.

A look at the list of banned and suspended posters on this forum shows the depth of the problem .. it seems to go on into near infinity. Solving the problem might take a LOT of prayer.

Finally, someone with unblemished mental health of their own stands up to the insane moderators. Bravo.

This is true. At the time, I felt your tampering with the North Korean/Iranian technology transfers went beyond the purview of the administrative tasks John had assigned to you. While your success in the endeavor doesn't make me wrong, I'm forced to admit that this country, and indeed the entire free world, owes you a debt of gratitude.

do explain.

do explain.

At the... suggestion... of an alleged representative of the United Nations Security Council, I must refrain from releasing any details in the matter of the events alluded to earlier between the Islamic Republic of Iran and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea. Obviously because none of it is true. Not a bit. None. Nope. ;)

I have to admit you were right about the cheese, though. I'm still cleaning it out of my shoes.