Ghosts

herme3

Many scientists say that ghosts are fictional and there is no scientific evidence to support them. However, when my family and I were on vacation at Gettysburg, PA we took some pictures with our digital camera that have ghost-like figures in them. I put some of the pictures on my web site at http://gettysburg.homestead.com. Please visit my web site and tell me what are in those pictures. Thank you.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

difficult to say really. I personally dont believe in ghosts, but since I'm listening to Switched-On Bach- track #11, Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G Major: II Adagio, well it seems a little eerie. But conclusively, I couldnt say. Sry man :)

(Off topic- I recommend that album-Switched-On Bach- to any classical music fan)

We had a similar experience with our photos from last year´s sylvester. On both group photos we shot one of the girls had something that looked like a lightning bolt impacting in her head. We hab absolutely no idea (but a lot of abstruse theories :P) what it was until we came by the place we made the photo the next day. Actually, it was a tiny branch that was directly in front of the camera which then appeared lightning-like due to being directly in front of the flashlight. Too bad I don´t have the photos anymore so I can´t show you what I mean.

But I´m not a photographer so I can´t really tell you what the orbs on your pictures are.

pics 2 and 3 are quite simple, that will be insects caught by the flash, I`ve acheived a similarly stunning pic taken outside at night during a rain storm, it looks like were having a HUGE Meteor shower! :)

the 1`st pic is just a lucky cam angle, if you`de have taken one a few degrees to either side, I wouldn`t be surprised if the "Legs" became shifted from the "Torso".

i agree with YT2095 about the last two, they don't seem significant to me at all. I disagree, however, that you can be so conclusive about the first. It may have been a lucky camera angle, or a lucky ghost :)

My website is in my signature, and yesterday I posted a photo one of my friends took of a ghost in an out-door fire. There are over 5 witnesses from that party who say they saw very clearly the ghost of a little girl inside the fire, and the fire was divided around her head for a good 5 minutes as she appeared to be talking. If you're interested in that just click on my signature, it's a lucky coinsidence that we made these posts within a day of eachother.

Oh, and I'm not a conspiracy theorist, and consider myself to be a skeptic in fact.

I realise that this probably isn't a typical "science" response, but perhaps the facts are all here in the form of eye-witnesses. I'm not one to trust anyone elses eye-witness testimony of ghosts/aliens/whatever, but because I saw it myself I can truely say I have proof. However, whether I'm crazy or lying is up to the rest of you to decide and for me to not lose any sleep over :)

In my forum, the last person to post was saying what is in the photo is a spectrum, I tried to explain that spectrums don't exist in themselves, they're emitted from things (such as ghosts) so perhaps what we see is a spectrum of a ghost. Could be the same thing as seeing a person live on TV? Or perhaps a better analogy would be pouring paint over an invisible man. paint=spectrum

let me tell you a story (true)

There was a boy who moved into a new house. He however found the bedroom 'to be hauntaed' and he saw ghosts etc. So they got [the real] ghost busters in. They base it on electromagnetic radiation. Well anyway when they pointed there 'thing' towards the alarm. They found it as a source of EMR so they got rid of it. Problem solved.

The boy never minded again.

in all honesty, I can`t really see much of anything in the 1`st pic other than a light trick, that could at a stretch ressemble a very short person.

if you look at the wrapping on what seems to be a bed and ignore the "legs" there`s nothing discontinuos about it. in fact remove the "legs" and you`de think nothing of it at all.

as for the "legs" the building looks cold and damp, it`s well known that over a long period of time in these conditions that bricks and mortar and rock will leech certain minerals (even terracota plant pots do!). it`s also known that many of these minerals can Flouresce(sp) momentarily when subjected to intense light.

I`m not saying that`s the enswer, but it`s as likely as "Ghosts" :)

yeah you're right there, it's just as believable as ghosts :D

However, when you see a ghost for yourself it tends to be more convincing than a photograph hehe.

I'd be interested to see what you think of my photo. To see the story behind it, go to the paranormal section of my forum (link in my signature), but here's the photo in case you can't be bothered :D

http://forum.newscienceonline.com/images/Ghost%20In%20Fire.jpg

there seems nothing unusual in the fires behavior that I can see?

burning material on the floor in the center of the passageway, rising flame as is required by physics.

and the draft created by the passageway as a Flue to carry further combustion products away and then outward as it reaches open space.

perfectly normal behavior in my opinion :)

My assessment of the picture is pretty much the same as YT.

I do have to take issue with Sayonara's view that there is no evidence for what ghosts are. At least one form of ghostly manifestation is well accounted for.

Psychologists have long recognised that in the state between sleeping and waking hallucinations can occur. Many ghost sightings occur when the witness has just woken up. The image they see in this instance can look very real. This does not account for all sightings, but certainly for a significant minority.

that's what I thought you'd say, and it's what I'd say too if anyone but myself had posted that photo :rolleyes: but unfortunately i don't have that luxury this time. That camera had a video function too dammit, why didn't he take a video...

At the time, we weren't thinking about showing people later on. It was just "oh crap, she's talking man, take photo! ryan, get over here and take a photo of this ghost!" "what ghost? are you guys high... what the hell" followed by the photo being taken. My friend Mark was who spotted it first, he was sitting on a chair by the fire in a daze, thought the little girl was talking to him.

Mass Hysteria maybe, one says something, another agrees then before you know it it`s "TRUE" and accepted, and under such dreadfull conditions, it`s hardly any wonder such a thing happens.

Flames Move, they make noises (gas expansion) 5`ll get you 10 that no one understood a word or actualy even heard words though :)

I do have to take issue with Sayonara's view that there is no evidence for what ghosts are. At least one form of ghostly manifestation is well accounted for.

Firstly, I did not say there is no evidence for what ghosts are (note the part in parenthesis), and secondly, I was not posting my view.

My point was that we don't take things we don't yet understand and randomly decide what the explanation is (rather than denying they exist at all - which is what herme3's post implies).

"Ball of light? Ohhhh, how about disembodied soul? Works for me." :rolleyes:

Guest dirty_larry

It seems obvious to me that they are clearly the ghosts of spent light globes, or possibly circular flourescent aliens and anyone who says otherwise is a damn fool.

I'll bet another 10 that during the sighting of the "ghost" in the fire there was an awful lot of drinking going on......probably some other "recreational" things too eh?
well I wouldn`t quite go that far, and I`m awaiting to hear what was said from this "fire entity". that alone should be interesting enough.

I just hope it`s not along the lines of " Gee, It`s Hot in here!".

but on a serious note, mankind is pre-disposed to anthropomorphisizing (I can say it but don`t ask me to spell it) all manor of different things, "Oh look a bunny rabbit" in the Sky clouds, or a man with a bow and arrow in the stars (Orion).

and so, there`s no real reason to suspect that the basic instict to do this isn`t still present in one form or another.

edit: correct spelling thnx to Google is: anthropomorphisizing.

double edit: I actualy got it right 1`st time! :)))))