Ghosts

herme3

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If ghosts are post mortem manifestations of once living persons why are they not naked ( & perhaps hairless) ? Do inanimate objects such as clothes , shoes etc have ghosts ?

How can you tell if they have clothes or not? Most ghost pictures are orbs or just the outline of a human. They don't have very much detail.

If ghosts are post mortem manifestations of once living persons why are they not naked ( & perhaps hairless) ? Do inanimate objects such as clothes , shoes etc have ghosts ?

cuz ghosts are figments of people's imagination. Some people see the world as so boring and mundane that they have to make stuff like ghosts up, hence all the mysticism in our society.

Hellbender.Bull Shit!

Dont insult peoples intelligence with crass remarks.Ghosts exist fact! ive already told you i seen a dead baby ghost on the floor.

Now calm down. I wasn't insulting anyone's intelligence. And I am sure you have solid (non-anecdotal) evidence supporting this fact? I'm sorry, but simply stating something is fact doesn't constitute evidence in my book (or anywhere else) Otherwise, I believe I am in the position to say its' bull-sh!t.

How come so many people are saying that anything that is considered "supernatural" is not real? I'm not the only person who has taken pictures that look like ghosts. Many of you believe that a few elements can clump together and then create life that has evolved into humans. I don't want to get off topic, but scientists come up with the craziest ideas they can't even fully explain, then they don't believe in something that almost all people experience sometime in their lives. I've read in multiple sources that almost 100% of all people have had some type of an encounter with something "supernatural" but they just don't want to admit it. They tell themselves that they just imagined it, then they block it from their memory.

The producer of Nintendo is Shigeru Miyamoto. He is famous for giving the speech, "What if you walk along and everything that you see is more than what you see -- the person in the T-shirt and slacks is a warrior, the space that appears empty is a secret door into an alternate world? What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there? You either shake your head and dismiss it or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you might find many unexpected things."

Regardless of what your opinion is, I think you should keep this speech in mind when talking about the "supernatural" world.

How come so many people are saying that anything that is considered "supernatural" is not real? I'm not the only person who has taken pictures that look like ghosts. Many of you believe that a few elements can clump together and then create life that has evolved into humans. I don't want to get off topic, but scientists come up with the craziest ideas they can't even fully explain, then they don't believe in something that almost all people experience sometime in their lives. I've read in multiple sources that almost 100% of all people have had some type of an encounter with something "supernatural" but they just don't want to admit it. They tell themselves that they just imagined it, then they block it from their memory..

the difference is, scientists base their "crazy ideas" on observations and testing using the scientific method. You sound like scientists are just being close-minded when they dismiss claims of the supernatural. Do you realize how famous a scientist would be if he uncovered proof of ghosts? Most people's "proof" for ghosts and things of that nature is anecdotal. You can't simply believe everyone is honest. Your strawman on evolution is nice, if only the process were that simple, huh? Do you have a better explanation that you have tested besides "god did it" for the beginning of life? What sources are these that say 100% of people have encounters with supernatural things? I would like to know where they got this percentage, as I have never had any run in with anything supernatural., and I am not denying it. I go about my life seeing everything for what it is. Call me boring, but when I see a flash of light in my room at night, I don't leapt to the ghost conclusion. Everything has a rational explanation.

The producer of Nintendo is Shigeru Miyamoto. He is famous for giving the speech, "What if you walk along and everything that you see is more than what you see -- the person in the T-shirt and slacks is a warrior, the space that appears empty is a secret door into an alternate world? What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there? You either shake your head and dismiss it or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you might find many unexpected things."

yes, Miyamoto is a producer for a video game company. All the examples above sound like he is are promoting a gaming mindset (nothing wrong with that) and game universes (like Zelda, Mario, both Nintendo franchises) more than anything.

I'm sorry that I was critical of evolution. Everyone has an opinion, and I respect the fact that everyone is allowed to post their opinion in this forum. As a human, I can't think of any way to provide scientific evidence that a particular religion is 100% true. It just seems that many facts that are stated in The Bible are being proven true. When The Bible was written, there was no technology that would determine some of the facts that are stated. If you really analyze The Bible, you will find statements that have been scientifically proven only recently. For example, there are multiple places in The Bible that indicate that the Earth is round. This was not scientifically known at the time The Bible was written. There is another part that says the sky we see has 3 layers. The first two are Earth's atmosphere and outer space. Science has not discovered the third layer yet, although The Bible says it is heaven. How would the people at the time The Bible was written have known that the atmosphere ended and outer space began?

I read that almost 100% of all people have had some type of encounter with the "supernatural" in several ghost books and TV shows. They say that people see things they can't explain, and just think it is something they can explain. For example, as soon as people saw my pictures, they started telling me there was probably something wrong with my camera. My camera has never taken strange pictures before, and it hasn't done it again. I took these pictures a couple years ago. Why would it only take strange pictures at a place that is believed to be "haunted"?

There is a lot more to Shigeru Miyamoto's speech than just video games. He has always been fascinated with the world around him. The biggest inspiration for his speech was from when he was just a kid. He was walking on the huge farm his parents owned. They said that after the field, there was nothing but woods until the end of the property. He went walking, and discovered a huge lake right in the middle of his property. Nobody ever knew it existed until he saw it. When he told everyone, nobody believed him until they saw it themselves. Isn't that similar to what this topic is about?

I'm sorry that I was critical of evolution. Everyone has an opinion, and I respect the fact that everyone is allowed to post their opinion in this forum. As a human, I can't think of any way to provide scientific evidence that a particular religion is 100% true. It just seems that many facts that are stated in The Bible are being proven true. When The Bible was written, there was no technology that would determine some of the facts that are stated. If you really analyze The Bible, you will find statements that have been scientifically proven only recently.For example, there are multiple places in The Bible that indicate that the Earth is round. This was not scientifically known at the time The Bible was written. There is another part that says the sky we see has 3 layers. The first two are Earth's atmosphere and outer space. Science has not discovered the third layer yet, although The Bible says it is heaven. How would the people at the time The Bible was written have known that the atmosphere ended and outer space began.

The bible also gives references to the earth being flat. This is a more popular notion, I'm surprised you didn't mention it. I would like to know what else that is only in the bible, that is being scientifically proven to be true. You can't prove any religion true, thats the whole nature. of religion. Its based in faith, not fact. What is this third layer? Poeple at the time where guessing, they were drawing on whatever information they had at the time. What they didn't know, they filled in the blanks with supernatural explanations.

I read that almost 100% of all people have had some type of encounter with the "supernatural" in several ghost books and TV shows. They say that people see things they can't explain, and just think it is something they can explain. For example, as soon as people saw my pictures, they started telling me there was probably something wrong with my camera. My camera has never taken strange pictures before, and it hasn't done it again. I took these pictures a couple years ago. Why would it only take strange pictures at a place that is believed to be "haunted"?

"They" say a lot of things to get more poeple to buy books. Whenever people say there is something that can't explained, it is always something that can eaily be explained, they just reject all mundane explanations. They want to believe its ghosts. I would really like to hear a claim for something like a ghost that couldn't possibly be explained in a rational way. Don't you think people have tried to prove that there is such things as ghosts and failed with the anomalous explanation? Would I still be a skeptic if there was solid evidence? No. Cameras take strange pictures all the time. I can't count how many times I have taken pictures with a perfectly good camera and various lights and flashes that weren't there before showed up. I always attributed it to the fact that I am not that great of a photographer.

There is a lot more to Shigeru Miyamoto's speech than just video games. He has always been fascinated with the world around him. The biggest inspiration for his speech was from when he was just a kid. He was walking on the huge farm his parents owned. They said that after the field, there was nothing but woods until the end of the property. He went walking, and discovered a huge lake right in the middle of his property. Nobody ever knew it existed until he saw it. When he told everyone, nobody believed him until they saw it themselves. Isn't that similar to what this topic is about?

I fail to see what finding a lake has to do with ghosts, but that sort of surreal kind of stuff happens all the time in games like Zelda. The people didn't believe the lake until they saw it for themselves. Thats what I am all about. They rejected the notion at first because he was a kid who was probably prone to fantasy.

The Bible never says that the Earth is flat. This was just a misunderstanding between what certain words meant when The Bible was written, and what they mean today. For more information, read the article at http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c015.html and it will explain. If you continue to read articles on the ChristianAnswers web site, you will see that there has never been a statement in The Bible that has been proven wrong. The ChristianAnswers web site analyzes The Bible from a scientific point of view, and explains in detail many of the things you all are confused about.

Anyway, we seem to be getting a little off topic. The point is that most scientists seem closed minded in many ways. All they want to do is come up with some big equation and type it into a scientific calculator. Why don't they just accept that they don't know all the answers? Regardless of whether or not there are ghosts or the "supernatural", there are things that can't be explained. Scientists should open their mind and try to figure out what the unexplained is without saying it is impossible because they've never been able to explain it yet.

The Bible never says that the Earth is flat. This was just a misunderstanding between what certain words meant when The Bible was written, and what they mean today. For more information, read the article at [url=http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c015.html]http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c015.html[/url'] and it will explain. If you continue to read articles on the ChristianAnswers web site, you will see that there has never been a statement in The Bible that has been proven wrong. The ChristianAnswers web site analyzes The Bible from a scientific point of view, and explains in detail many of the things you all are confused about.

Since it is obviously a site for bible-believers, they "shoehorn" a lot of so called predictions to make it seem the bible proves them. The same thing is done with all of Nostradamus's so called "accurate soothsaying" which can be made to fit almost any event. The bible also says bats are birds, was that recently proven somewhere while I wasn't looking? Please give me a specific, unambiguous passage in the bible that accurately predicts something no one already knew.

Anyway, we seem to be getting a little off topic. The point is that most scientists seem closed minded in many ways. All they want to do is come up with some big equation and type it into a scientific calculator. Why don't they just accept that they don't know all the answers? Regardless of whether or not there are ghosts or the "supernatural", there are things that can't be explained. Scientists should open their mind and try to figure out what the unexplained is without saying it is impossible because they've never been able to explain it yet.

Scientists are certainly not uniformly close minded. Scientific reasoning is always open to new possibilities. I don't know about equations all the time, but in a pure sense, science only seeks to describe the world in an accurate and objective way. Science accepts we don't have all the answers, but not knowing an answer is better than simply making one up. As most the unknowns are usually explained otherwise as the supernatural, which defies all we know and can be proven in the world, they will be ignored. Anyways, what are these "things we don't know"? Ghosts? We know that they are a lot of things, namely:

1. A cultural/religious supernatural discorporeal entity

2. Misidentification of common occurances such as wind, light, noise, etc.

• 1 month later...

When I was 13, I was standing in the kitchen waiting for dinner. A Tray which was stacked in the middle of other trays came out as if it were pulled, stayed stationary in mid air for about 2 seconds, and then dropped to the floor.

Some people might take that experience and say I know that Ghosts exist. However, even after that happened I still don't believe in Ghosts. I believe there is a scientific explanation that is just beyond our grasps right now.

Who knows, maybe my escaping brain neurons had something to do with it.

A railroad track nearby can cause rattling of objects and sounds, as can passing traffic, wind, or doors and windows that are not sealed properly.

Ummm... Wouldnt you hope that someone was smart enough to realize that there is a railroad track nearby causing things to shake, I dont believe in ghosts, but I believe that there is a more scientific explanation to explain these happenings. that and I want to think that mankind isnt that stupid.

I dont believe in ghosts, but I believe that there is a more scientific explanation to explain these happenings. that and I want to think that mankind isnt that stupid.

I agree. While I don't doubt stupidity has a lot to do with some "ghostly" occurances, people just find supernatural explanations for mundane things more interesting.

Cameras are notoriously not perfect, as is any machine. Add in a photographer that isn't an expert (to say the least for some, like me) into the mix and you can get some wierd things appearing in photos. I take photos all the time that are bad with lots of those orbs in them. I don't know exactly what causes them, but I do know it is something with light and lenses. But like you, Kindria, I never leapt to the conclusion that it was ghosts, even in my less critical days where I would believe any crazy story that was told to me.

I find it remarkable how intelligent people,whom happen to come from various proffesional backgrounds,dont realise the reason ORBS have infiltrated our photographs at every oportunity.Is this an invisible to the naked eye invasion or simply because we now have digital camera's these dust particles/water droplets are being captured by our technology.I would rather think that these orbs are a quirky hinderance of said technology than supernatural phenomena.

However as usual these damn Orbs seem to delight in causing trouble when they appear the size of a football,partly covered behind someones head and infront of a tree.In the next frame moving to left or right of subject but still there!!

My own explanation for this is unique and i have not come across it before anywhere.If anyones interested let me know.

Have you seen the the bugs flying around in a video, when they look like some kind of wave, kind of. People thought of a whole theory of invisible animals that only cameras could see, and then they slowed down the film and saw that they really were bugs :P "oh, oops" :D

• 3 months later...
Have you seen the the bugs flying around in a video, when they look like some kind of wave, kind of. People thought of a whole theory of invisible animals that only cameras could see, and then they slowed down the film and saw that they really were bugs :P "oh, oops" :D

Yes, I know about that theory. It doesn't matter if you call them bugs or animals. The point is that they are still something humans have never been able to catch. They are called "rods".

Check out http://www.flyingrods.com/galleryfl/index.asp

They move so fast that only cameras can see them.

Herme3, I am starting to lose respect for you. The 'rods' as you call them have been thoroughly debunked. They are ordinary insects. Their odd appearance is caused by the camera frame rate. Please begin to display a modicum of scepticism. The world and the Universe are wonderful enough without needing to invent ghosts and mysterious insects. Go take a look at the real mysteries, not some fifth rate, infantile trash.

Herme3, I am starting to lose respect for you. The 'rods' as you call them have been thoroughly debunked. They are ordinary insects. Their odd appearance is caused by the camera frame rate. Please begin to display a modicum of scepticism. The world and the Universe are wonderful enough without needing to invent ghosts and mysterious insects. Go take a look at the real mysteries, not some fifth rate, infantile trash.

The statements I make are scientific mysteries that are either in books, on TV (Not the Sci-Fi channel), or on multiple web sites. I thought the reason for this message board was to discuss scientific mysteries like these. Obviously a lot of people believe in rods or they wouldn't have been on a science-related TV channel. Scientists so sure that ghosts are not real. However, they do believe that we came from a family of monkeys a few billion years after a mysterious explosion created everything.

Sure, there is no need to believe in mysteries. Everything can be explained if King Kong is at the top of your family tree...

I'm not trying to insult scientists, but making fun of evolution is just like making fun of ghosts. There are many mysteries in this world, and scientists seem to believe in ideas that seem just as crazy as the ideas they deny. There is evidence to support all of these ideas. There is also evidence that makes these ideas seem false. Scientists seem to believe the evidence for some theories, and deny the evidence for other theories.