The Lies of George Bush

Pangloss

All of these statements from George Bush in the last debate were lies:

Resource:

http://www.factcheck.org/article281.html

- Bush said most of his tax cuts went to "low- and middle-income Americans" when independent calculations show most went to the richest 10 percent. (See the web site above for more detail, but basically 53% of the tax cut went to the richest 10% of citizens. Only 13.7% of the cut went to the bottom 60%.)

- Bush stumbled when he denied making some remarks about Osama bin Laden that Kerry had accurately paraphrased. Bush accused Kerry of "one of those exaggerations." In fact, Bush said almost exactly what Kerry quoted him as saying. It was in a news conference at the White House on March 13, 2002.

- It's not true, as Bush claimed, that "we took the right action" in blocking "contaminated" influenza vaccine from entering the US. Actually, it was the British and not the US that blocked shipment. In fact, the Bush administration seems to have been caught by surprise when Chiron Corp. notified the US Center for Disease Control Oct. 5 that the company wouldn't be shipping the vaccine due to the British action. The US Food and Drug Administration didn't begin an investigation until five days later, according to an FDA news release.

- Bush said that in Iraq "We'll have 125,000 troops trained by the end of this year," which is wrong. Actually, the security forces being trained are a "mixed bag" of soldiers, border guards and even three-week "shake and bake" police officers, according to House testimony by Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage.

- Bush claimed fear of lawsuits drives doctors to "the defensive practice of medicine that costs the federal government some $28 billion a year and costs our society between $60 billion and $100 billion a year," which is contrary to nearly all academic studies of the matter.

- Bush again said Kerry "voted to increase taxes 98 times." But that total includes up to 16 votes on a single tax bill, and 43 votes on budget measures that set targets but don't actually legislate tax increases.

(On a positive note, Bush was essentially correct in saying that the top 20% pay most of the taxes, about 63.7%. He actually said 80%, which is wrong, but I wanted to give one "positive" in Bush's favor since I gave one for Kerry, and this is close enough. The FactCheck article listed something else but I didn't think it was as interesting.)

All of these statements from George Bush in the last debate were lies:

Resource:

http://www.factcheck.org/article281.html

- Bush said most of his tax cuts went to "low- and middle-income Americans" when independent calculations show most went to the richest 10 percent. (See the web site above for more detail' date=' but basically 53% of the tax cut went to the richest 10% of citizens. Only 13.7% of the cut went to the bottom 60%.)

- Bush claimed fear of lawsuits drives doctors to "the defensive practice of medicine that costs the federal government some $28 billion a year and costs our society between $60 billion and $100 billion a year," which is contrary to nearly all academic studies of the matter.[/quote']

I checked the way that "factcheck" calculated the tax rate, if you read the fine print, it looks suspicious.

I listened to a doctor on talk radio, he said that liability insurance is 30% of his total income. He said he didn't know the cost to the taxpayer of "defensive" medicine, I.E..... ASS cover by subjecting a patient to more tests that they need.

A friend sent me a video of Bush in a debate 10 years ago when he was running for governor of Texas. I was shocked at the difference in his clarity and grasp of the language. He didn't stumble, he made no mistakes, no slips of the tongue, none of the things he's noted for now.

I wonder if some of his "lies" aren't like what Reagan used to do, making up facts to support his viewpoints, like trees emitting more polution than cars. Some think Bush is getting a bit senile.

http://www.onlinejournal.com/Special_Reports/091804Mazza/091804mazza.html

Is that Kerry in front of Bush ?

If so' date=' he's wired with a bigger box than Bush.[/quote']

No, that's actually a backbone you can see. Your probably not used to seeing one in your candidate choice.

Hehe.

Anybody who thinks George W. Bush is stupid' date=' or a poor debater, or whatever, should ask Ann Richards what she thinks.

Bush won because he has a dick, not because he was the best debater. All he had to do was stand there, not fall over from the alcohol intake and pretend to be a good 'ol boy as opposed to a rich spoiled playboy. Nobody paints Bush as a skilled debater, he appeals to the lowest common denominator and that's it. He wouldn't last 2 min in the House of Commons debates.

Here's a link to the Bush video I mentioned earlier.

Clips of his 1994 debate and clips of his 2004 debate.

I would never have spoken ill of his verbal skills had I heard him in 1994. It's like two different people. When did his skills begin to deteriorate? It seems to be somewhere between 1994 and 1999 when he began campaigning for president and people began collecting his many misspeaks.

Wow, that is a big difference. And his performance in 2000 was better than 2004. He is actually more comfortable with domestic issues, that is why I was surprised when the gurus thought Kerry would cut him up on the domestic front. He is coached more than when he was a governor and it shows.