Music: What gets you rockin?

Thales

i am in a bad situation in threads likes these. i like any music so long as it's good.

my problem is that i cant define good to myself or anyone else! if i hear a piece of music i either like it, dont like, or think its ok. i dont know what about it is that feeling, i just know it. i can be addicted to some songs by artist X and hate other by artist X, i can love music in a certain category e.g. rock or classical etc. but then hate another piece of music by the same artist in the same category. it almost seems like a random event, that is random as in the mathematical real meaning of the word!

yeah, some of linkin park is cool, but i didnt like some of their newest songs... see, im well random like that!

i mean, i even like a spare few classical songs, can you imagine me sitting typing posts on sfn, one sec its classical, then linkin park, then capital fm radio for pop/rock music!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

linkin park isn't hip hop. what are you smoking?

True, they wouldnt exactly be considered hip hop, but it is incorperated into their music. Anyway, they're one of my favorite bands, and I tied the strong rhythmic beats to those also found in Hip-Hop...so blah! And I am currently smoking some noobs in Unreal Tournament 2004. SO BLAH AGAIN!

Classical, Jazz, Dixieland, Big Band, Show tunes, Swing, Rock 'n Roll, Folk, Buffet - not into heavy metal.

Nice taste in Jazz, always good. Seems to be less than a few around anymore for some reason.

He's an old skool jazz trombone player who I'm a big fan of (probably because I play trombone myself). He has an absolutely amazing tone. I did have a version of Night in Tunisia in which he performed along with another 7 trombones, but I've lost it :-(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Quiintus
iron Maiden Gets Me Rocking Or Metallica!!!!

IRon Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Led Zep, Gunners and many more... I am in a band if anyone is interested in old school heavy metal then check us out. The bands name is Chaos Theory. Here's the link http://www.mp3.com.au/ChaosTheory/

Oh yeah by the way, I am the singer :cool:

If anyone wished to contact me they can at quiintus@hotmail.com

Up The Irons!!!