iPad

bascule

It'd be interesting if Wacom released a pressure sensitive pen for the iPad (using Bluetooth I assume)

I don't think you need that -- there are pens for the iPhone that mimic the touch of a finger (I'm totally not sure how, I think it's about the electrical resistivity of the skin?), they act like stylus for the iphone, I'm sure they will work on the iPad..

I don't think you need that -- there are pens for the iPhone that mimic the touch of a finger (I'm totally not sure how, I think it's about the electrical resistivity of the skin?), they act like stylus for the iphone, I'm sure they will work on the iPad..

The screen is not pressure-sensitive though.

Yes but that can be simulated, Cap'n. You know, keep the pen on one spot longer and the line gets thicker.

I'm talking about enabling something closer to the Cintiq tablet (except the iPad would contain an integrated computer):

http://www.wacom.com/cintiq/

Obviously the screen would be nowhere near as sensitive as your traditional Wacom tablet, but still, it would be a fun toy, especially with an app like Brushes.

Yes but that can be simulated, Cap'n. You know, keep the pen on one spot longer and the line gets thicker.

Then you're very limited -- you can't, for example, imitate a calligraphic pen with a flexible nib, where as you draw strokes of letters the varying pressure changes the width of the lines.

A pressure sensor would be a pretty trivial addition, though.

Bwahahaha:

To ensure that its users receive the constant public attention they crave, the iPad will emit the phrase "Hey, does that guy have an iPad?" every eight minutes

Yeah, that's pretty much the only reason to be an early adopter on a device like this

Yeah, that's pretty much the only reason to be an early adopter on a device like this

That and the opportunity to moan and complain when they come out with the next version, which incorporates a few of the features that people wanted.

Just like happened with the iPhone. Remember all the "no camera, doesn't run apps" etc. etc. complaining that happened then? I think the iPad will follow a similar arc.

That and the opportunity to moan and complain when they come out with the next version, which incorporates a few of the features that people wanted.

Just like happened with the iPhone. Remember all the "no camera, doesn't run apps" etc. etc. complaining that happened then? I think the iPad will follow a similar arc.

One more reason:

http://www.theonion.com/content/infograph/apple_finally_unveils_ipad

To ensure that its users receive the constant public attention they crave, the iPad will emit the phrase "Hey, does that guy have an iPad?" every eight minutes

It will also post Onion quotes about itself repeatedly in discussion forums.

More importantly, to ensure that its users receive the constant public attention they crave, the iPad will emit the phrase "Hey, does that guy have an iPad?" every eight minutes.

• 2 weeks later...