Kent Hovind's dissertation...

I am making a prediction that it will be something embarrassing. Most likely it will apply the theory word incorrectly, and along with that a bunch of assertions that can't stand up to actual scientific scrutiny.

Though it will be used for internet decades to bombard other people with claims that evolution violates thermodynamics, or some other malformed use of established science to counter established science.

Yes, the earth is younger then various languages its inhabitants have, and along with that the universe is actually geocentric and chemistry violates entropy.

Have a nice day.

:D

evolution is not a religion. it is a theory used to explain the diversity of species. it is also used to explain how simple stromatolites and protobionts evolved into the species known today. Read chapter 25-26 in my AP Biology book, Mr. Hovind.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

i would also like to point out that on page nine, he uses abiotic example to explain a purely biotic phenomenon.

On page ten, he clearly shows he's never read any text about evolution. evolution does not occur withing the individual. also, genetic change does not occur in a few years. He is explaining natural selection.

page twenty, atheism isn't a religion.

page twenty two, just to be a dick, alexander the great didn't rule the greek empire. by the time he was finished, he rule the Macedonian empire.

i'm so tired of reading his crap. Page twenty-nine, and i'm starting to see reoccuring patterns. he uses evolution as an explaination for everything bad that has ever happened. How did evolution and communism work together? Did satan use his power to magically bind them together?

Is this really his dissertation? I guess to get a doctorate in christian education, you have to completely ignore the shortcomings of religion and blatantly lie to prove yourself right.

Edited by jake.com
Consecutive posts merged.

I wrote a dissertation like that... It was back in second grade. :rolleyes:

Were you that slow, iNow?

Seriously, calling this a dissertation is just sad. There are one or two truthful statements here. For example, "Hello, my name is Kent Hovind ..." Fact! Things go downhill from there, rapidly.

Patriot Bible University, according to Wikapedia is not accredited. It cannot award degrees.

Kent Hovind's "PhD" is not worth anything, irrespective of the content of his thesis. If he calls himself Dr then I expect it is fraud.

I wonder if they have a football team? Looks like a nice campus though <laughs>, this is a picture from 2006.

PatriotUniversity2.jpg

You have to give them credit though, if Jesus had build a university during his time, minus the power-lines, this is probably what it would have looked like.

Patriot Bible University, according to Wikapedia is not accredited. It cannot award degrees.

Kent Hovind's "PhD" is not worth anything, irrespective of the content of his thesis. If he calls himself Dr then I expect it is fraud.

this is the greastest thing i've ever heard. Thank you for this wonderful news.

I don't know if I'm the only one who finds this amusing, but I'm unable to read this site from work as it was
The site you requested is blocked under the following categories:

Hate/Discrimination, Extreme

Which site? The only ones referenced are wikileaks (original post, the source of Hovind's "dissertation"), wikipedia (the picture in post #14), and of course this site itself, Science Forums.

I don't see any of those as hateful or extreme.

I know that I can move threads (I have not yet moved something to the speculations section yet´, though). But I was actually really asking for opinions as whether it should stay (for whatever reason).

But apparently it has become a joke thread instead. Hmmm.

Since creationism and ID has no scientific basis, I think it should be moved out of EM&E. Since it will violate the posting rules for pretty much any subforum due to its misinformation and lack of rigor, I have no idea where it should be moved to.

Somewhere with a built-in air freshening device, preferably.