Anyway to change your username?

/me is still stuck without the "tick".
I always liked it better this way. I picture a smug dad trying to show off for his kids but he blows it.

"Hey! Check it out! Your dad on a pogos-!", Herb bellowed as he launched himself sideways into the rosebushes. :D

Great image.

The last of my GALS (giant African land snails) are now decomposing in the back garden, so my username seems a bit redundant. However, despite I don't even like the name Snail, it would seem silly to change it after being referred to as Snail over the last three years or so.

TBH, I couldn't care less if a member was called Senor ButtMonkey...if they could tell me a thing or two about black hole thermodynamics, then Senor ButtMonkey would become synonymous with 'the guy who know's his black holes' rather than a Spanish guy, who ummm has something to do with butts and monkeys.

Just a thought.

Just a thought.
And a good one. It's true, after a point a username just becomes the user. A snail may be slow but Snail isn't. ;)

Although I think Cap'n is missing an opportunity if he doesn't rename Snail to Señor Butt Monkey (The Guy Who Knows His Black Holes).

I must say, reading through this thread is making me quite jealous.It only adds insult to the fact people are so slow to reply to the threads I make that actually are on science(like the one currently in classical physics).

I've been on this forum at least as long as Snail, if not longer, and I don't get a special title behind my username! Why can't I be special:-(! Waaaaaaaa...

I hate you guys!

...runs off with eyes shut...

I must say, reading through this thread is making me quite jealous.It only adds insult to the fact people are so slow to reply to the threads I make that actually are on science(like the one currently in classical physics).

I've been on this forum at least as long as Snail, if not longer, and I don't get a special title behind my username! Why can't I be special:-(! Waaaaaaaa...

I hate you guys!

I've been here for years and I've never replied to one of your threads! :P

I hate you guys!

Well, you get what you ask for here.

I've been on this forum at least as long as Snail, if not longer, and I don't get a special title behind my username!

But the 'special title' is Senor Butt Monkey...do you have any idea how hard it is to write a serious post with Senor Butt Monkey in eye shot, and besides my comment earlier was that a username is just a name.

I always read your posts abskebabs, just because there isn't a reply, doesn't mean the points you've raised haven't been absorbed. For what it's worth, if you started a thread on government intervention within media, I'd have more than a few points to raise, don't be under the impression that replies are any reflection on content.

EDIT: If you don't ask...you don't get :)

But the 'special title' is Senor Butt Monkey...do you have any idea how hard it is to write a serious post with Senor Butt Monkey in eye shot, and besides my comment earlier was that a username is just a name.

I always read your posts abskebabs, just because there isn't a reply, doesn't mean the points you've raised haven't been absorbed. For what it's worth, if you started a thread on government intervention within media, I'd have more than a few points to raise, don't be under the impression that replies are any reflection on content.

Thanks for that Snail. I guess sometimes I'm a bit frustrated as to how people are much more eager to reply to threads set up to rebuke some kind of crackpot theory than tackle a genuine question. I can't say I'm not guilty myself of acting similiar though, I'm just as mentally lazy as the next person if not more...

Also my post in this thread was really in jest:doh:... though in a way I am impressed by the Capn's response. Really I didn't pay that much attention to the titles behind usernames before, apart from "Physics expert", which seemed for better or worse to give off an air of respect. I guess that, and reading through the writing style of how people post I think gives off a kind of gauge of their character in a strange way.

I guess there's nothing left to do now but make a thread on government intervention within media.

• 1 month later...