SFN Homepage

Just wondering if there are any plans to update the homepage i.e Book of the Month, and the Richard Dawkins talk. It's just there's no longer a media / book discussion forum...plus, it might look better with something more current (with the homepage being the first page any newcomers will see.)

Just a thought.

I can come up with something tonight (though nothing animated...just a photoshop effort.) Providing somebody answers the OP :P

It's already been answered in another thread.... of course I can't remember where though, blike said something about having a lack of time, and if people would like to suggest new posts then fine...

Got it one :)

The reason I deleted the last post, was that some of my course materials have been made available online...so I started studying physics, instead of coming up with festive logos.

It didn't seem fair to start changing the conditions of the bribe...however, I'm done studying, so I'll get some ideas onto photoshop tonight. :)

Well I tried a black outline first, though not sure about that...followed with a dark blue outline (matching the sfn logo.) The standard snowy logo, and finally the old favourite, Santa's hat placed on an elliptical orbit. I won't take offense, if none of these are suitable.

Snail, where'd you get the snowman? I'm working on a logo now - I'd like to use yours and touch it up a bit..

Softened the edges on yours a bit, Snail. If anyone has the skillz to add falling snow, please feel free to do so. :D

Ha, that looks much better, nice work...didn't think to soften the edges. Like the hat :)

Snail, where'd you get the snowman?

Just done by hand, i.e pen and paintbrush tool on Photoshop, so there was quite a bit of pixel by pixel work for the shading, outline et.c Sounds laborious, but took just over an hour.

• 11 months later...
Well I tried a black outline first, though not sure about that...followed with a dark blue outline (matching the sfn logo.) The standard snowy logo, and finally the old favourite, Santa's hat placed on an elliptical orbit. I won't take offense, if none of these are suitable.

[ATTACH]1985[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1986[/ATTACH]

So crew, when's SFN planning to start celebrating the next winter solstice?

crowson.jpg