Pointless rant on the Pussification of the American Male

ParanoiA

Oh, and your hands will be nice and fruity and soft.

I generally go for an almond and coconut combination, those perfumed creams wreak havoc with my delicate complexion.

/me pouts lips

Why don't you get a job on a building site, I did for four years, and you can revel in misogynistic, butt scratching pleasure.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds more psychotic and in desparate need of theraputic attention..I'll stick with a Carlin influenced temper tantrum and ditch the mellodrama of fury and calculation...besides it leads to taking life too seriously which is a foolishly driven emotion
I have to disagree on that point. Focusing the anger on exactly what excited it means that little else is going to get caught up in the firestorm of a rage-driven tantrum. There's nothing that I take seriously and won't make fun of... often stepping on the sensitivities of others in the process, sure. And that includes myself and the things that I truly mean and possibly believe in.

But that's a problem in itself. It takes alot of focus to take the time to post seriously often enough, and the effort can be so great at times that I'll just avoid a thread rather than accidentally insult the amusing problems certain people get so emotionally tangled up in.

Sounds more psychotic and in desparate need of theraputic attention.
eh, save the therapy for people who deserve it :P

It seems their issues developed OUT of their general and more tolerable venting-form angers, as told by a variety of those elder relatives who watched the process unfold. Unbound anger just breeds more of itself.

I generally go for an almond and coconut combination, those perfumed creams wreak havoc with my delicate complexion.
coconut and orange has a really good contrast between sharp and fruity and rich and savory, and always use the oils, not the lotion ;)

/me pouts lips

Why don't you get a job on a building site, I did for four years, and you can revel in misogynistic, butt scratching pleasure.

Actually I worked in a shop for 10 years before I got my sit-down white collar computer job. Funny, the bigoted misogynistic butt scratching folks didn't work there. They didn't put on lotion and talk about how they can be more sensitive, they put on lotion and talked about how many yards Emmit Smith ran for last Sunday - ha!

Now those of us in the wood shop area didn't use lotion, because if you do you'll feel every splinter and things could slip out of your hand which is not cool around sharp rotating blades that don't discriminate wood from flesh.

But it was fun talking about girls, sports and beer - it was flat out awesome. Being a man is kick ass.

I work in a foundry, It's not so much what the stereotypical image of a foundry (especially not the simpsons version "hot stuff comin through!"). My mother was a radical feminist for like 5 years before she "slowed" down, I guess it rubbed off on me a little, so I am quite polite, I help clean the dishes at gathering (the only guy that does, besides my brother sometimes),etc, but on the other hand I like MMA, weightlifting, whiskey, *mutters* Adult films *mutters* and all the other fun "manly" things (except...football/hockey/basketball/baseball).

I've never really cared for how one acts based on their sex. There are traits I dislike though.

But it was fun talking about girls, sports and beer - it was flat out awesome. Being a man is kick ass.

I had a lot of fun working 'on site' to, and clearly I was stereotyping, most the men I worked with weren't misogynistic pervs (I say most...not all.) Hand cream is definitely a no no, when using a Dewalt radial arm saw...'grunt.' Also, office life is pc gone haywire, you just can't be upfront with your co-workers as you would doing a trade, that's what I really miss, the lack of banter. In some respects I agree with your original post, I guess it's hard to articulate one's self, whilst ranting or venting.

The last few decades of liberalism and feminism and way overrated sanctity of human life have contributed to the pussification of the men in this country. Now, they’re in slacks and dress shirts with a funny feminine aroma permeating their proximity. Call it cologne, and suddenly it’s ok to smell like roses and fruitcake and still think of yourself as a man.

I only wear cologne to parties.

They’re driving 10 mph under the speed limit while glued to their cell phone, discussing their feelings and sensitivities with their wife no doubt, while braking every chance he gets to avoid getting within 100 feet of anyone else on the freaking road. That’s not defensive driving, that’s scared shitless driving. Why even leave the house?

I hate people you drive under the speed limit, unless your older and you have an excuse. And I don't talk about my feelings over the phone, just in person to my girlfriend and nobody else.

They’re in my office, rubbing lotion on their hands – this time roses and coconut – with effeminate delicate voices that are overly sensitive to everyone’s feelings on the whole goddamn earth – advanced political correction.

Unfortunately I must use lotion in the winter, because my hands get really dry. But not scented lotion!

Your wife or girlfriend will pussify you incrementally until you are the nice guy nobody wants. Then she’ll cheat on you with the guy in the above paragraph and you’ll be crying like a baby instead of kicking his ass like a man.

ah ****... I think you got me on this one.

Men are screwed up, but simple. Women are screwed up, and complicated. Therefore, they have the power to destroy the world. Men must stop this pussification before we stop drinking beer and start skipping by football games when channel surfing – the lifetime network on our favorites.

I don't follow sports, but I like watching games individually.

Vote yes on any stem cell research, especially if it includes farming and murdering microscopic humans. And word it just like that when people ask you about it. When you hear the little crybaby republicans start in about when life begins tell him yes, you are going to kill a little baby and rob its stem cells and use them to grow your penis bigger and stick it in his wife, who will most certainly appreciate it, and he’ll be paying alimony for decades – why? Because he’s been pussified and deserves to experience the business end of natural selection.

LOL,,, that's great.

*mutters* Adult films *mutters* and all the other fun "manly" things (except...football/hockey/basketball/baseball).
Adult films are for girls too \o/

And you can't be blamed for the sports things, those you listed are all crap. Soccer, rugby and lacrosse are where it's at.

I conveniently left out those "feminine" things I'm guilty of...

sooo, you left them out because you are insecure about your sexuality and fear being called a homosexual even though you have a slight tendencie to enjoy some feminine things? if you were a real man you would list them.

and what might they be then?

Ok, before I fall victim to the onslaught of criticism for calling this a feminine thing, it's only due to tradition - not because I think it's a woman's duty or anything - although I do think it falls under "nesting" which women seem to be predisposed to do in some very general sense.

But..I do most of the laundry in our house - including folding mind you, as well as nightly dish duty and vacuuming from time to time. I am also the primary cook of the house. This is in addition to the very masculine yard work and garage sweeping duties of course.

I also keep my nails trimmed and I do use the nail file to smooth the edges when I'm done, which is fairly feminine, BUT I use my guitar playing as the excuse for that one so I can actually use a masculine defense if needed...

sooo, you left them out because you are insecure about your sexuality and fear being called a homosexual even though you have a slight tendencie to enjoy some feminine things? if you were a real man you would list them.

Damn, I'm glad I got that listed...

That was the best rant I've ever read on a science forum. But I must disect your rant to some degree, as it is SFN.

I have to agree with YT2095 about speeding, it's just plain stupid putting other people in danger simply because you want to have a good time, and there's nothing manly about being an idiot.

As for lotion, if you're rubbing it on yourself every 5 minutes or take it to work with you, yeah, that's a little gay. But just because you use it once in awhile doesn't make you effeminate.

I also agree with the part on cologne, if you have to put it on, chances are you're inept to bathing properly.

But..I do most of the laundry in our house - including folding mind you, as well as nightly dish duty and vacuuming from time to time. I am also the primary cook of the house. This is in addition to the very masculine yard work and garage sweeping duties of course.
I'm afraid I don't see how most of those things are manly vs feminine, contemporarily (though granted, the yardwork = male theme seems to still exist in modern households). They're simply practical tasks that must be accomplished. Unless of course, you wear an apron for any of it. And tune to the cooking channel, all the big-time chefs are male.

AP, Good points made!

myself and my wife work as a team, and operate exceptionaly well as such.

although I don`t use cologne of any sort (simple hygeine and smelling like Nothing is good too), I don`t posses a nail file, but I will bite them to the correct usable length and grab some sand paper, I do all the cooking here also, she does the dishes.

she won`t think twice about using the hammer drill, and I`ll do difficult laundry (I have a Lab so stain removal is just Basic Chem).

I`ll tell my feelings when I have any, or it`s worth telling/saying.

I have no Feminine traits, I`m just YT!

and yeah, if I want to cry I will, I couldn`t care less what anyone else thinks :)

Aye, for my family I do alot fo the cooking, then it's just a simple matter of letting the Fed Ones fight out who gets saddled with dishes, always my dad. But with my boyfriend, he does all the cooking, and I get the dishes unless I can play his heartstrings. Laundry's just a free for all, I'll do my own, but the rest of my family shares a number of color-divided clothes hampers that get washed whenever someone needs something out of them, and vacuuming is a matter of who was home that day.

Yardwork on the otherhand, seems to be a task assigned to my father, and me simply because he can't trim a bush with an aesthetic eye to save his ass. Step-mommy does some feminine gardening, but everyone keeps the yards and porches clean and swept. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but yardwork vs gardening is still cleanly divided between males and females in every home in my neighborhood.

That was the best rant I've ever read on a science forum. But I must disect your rant to some degree, as it is SFN.

I have to agree with YT2095 about speeding, it's just plain stupid putting other people in danger simply because you want to have a good time, and there's nothing manly about being an idiot.

Yeah, and I think YT made a good point about jeopardizing the beer funds - that really appealed to my shallow nature.

Ooooh, I like this new tangent. Why are some things decidedly "masculine" and others "feminine"?

I started sitting down to pee at home when I discovered you don't have to clean as often (I do the bathroom cleaning, my wife does laundry). The little diluted urine drops that come geysering out of the toilet when you stand collect dust and bacteria. If I had a urinal (or a maid) at home, I'd stand. Is that feminine, smart or just lazy?

I used to bite my nails until I was about thirty. Then I just stopped and my nails became as much a part of my grooming as my hair and teeth. I was kind of proud of kicking a bad habit. Is that really feminine?

I think the hair gel / product thing is kind of fem but I do it. I have to dress up to meet clients and it makes no sense to have wierd hair and gel is in style. I suppose it's the "in style" thing I find kind of fem, never having been a real fashion plate.

I'm certainly not "feminine" by any stretch of the imagination, but ParanoiA, it sounds like you're frustrated because your ideas about social norms are obsolete.

Too bad for you. Society evolves and you're angry because it's leaving you behind.

I'm certainly not "feminine" by any stretch of the imagination, but ParanoiA, it sounds like you're frustrated because your ideas about social norms are obsolete.

Too bad for you. Society evolves and you're angry because it's leaving you behind.

exactly.

you cant just be the mammoth hunter/impregnator forever.

men shower, shave, watch their mouths, and even ask permission before insertion now-a-days.

You know, with all these high and mighty ideal about 'Real Men' and 'what women really want', I just have to ask: So, ParanoiA, when was the last time you got laid?

As a side note, since when did living up to a stereotype make someone a man? Back in the old days, you had to *do* something to be a man, like go kill a sabre-tooth tiger. Now you can just buy shit and act a certain way. I wonder how many of these 'Real Men' have ever even had their lives in danger?

To me, it all reeks of trying too hard.

Mokele

Back in the old days, you had to *do* something to be a man, like go kill a sabre-tooth tiger.
The other day at Costco there was no one bagging and I had to wrestle over six pounds of chicken breasts into the sack by myself. Wrestling breasts in the sack is about as manly as it gets. :D