"Post of the Week" Nominations

Sayonara

Post your nominations for "post of the week" here. It can be a single post, or just part of a post... just funny, or a great intellectual contribution.

The best nominations will enter into a public vote on Friday.

My nomination for this week is the first line of this post:

http://www.scienceforums.net/showthread.php?p=309711#post309711 :eek:

Maybe instead of needing to have one every week, and limiting it to one a week, we can just reserve a special award for comedic value (intentional or not) or well-phrased insight that can be nominated by anyone, whenever, and then discussed in general for a consensus.

I offer this as an alternative just because I think people will get tired of voting regularly, and there might not be anything worthwhile on a given week, and lots of good stuff another.

Or, alternatively, this might be an effort to encourage better posting quality and more careful thread-reading, and it has taken you all of 24 minutes to start scuppering the plan.

I like this idea. I'd also like to see the user awards again this year, maybe with little icons under avatars for the winners :P Mentioned this on IRC the other night, or ment to, can't remember whether I did or not and whether Dave was there or not, days/reality/unreality sortof merge into one.

From the advice thread.

Talk to crazy people - you might learn something. Or, you might get stabbed with a syringe. Either way, it builds character.

^Nomination^

Or, alternatively, this might be an effort to encourage better posting quality and more careful thread-reading

...well I doubt someone needs that much group acceptance, that they will reverse their ways to have one of their posts "voted" on to be the "best".

...well I doubt someone needs that much group acceptance, that they will reverse their ways to have one of their posts "voted" on to be the "best".

I worked a treat on PAGD.

Although admittedly the psychological problems are more pronounced there than they are here...

My nomination, posted here, last line of the OP after regurgitating a bunch of creationist yark from Answers In Genesis:

Anyway, that should silence a lot of debate for now. Oh and Dr.Humphreys is a scientist.
I snorted out loud and almost wet myself! I'm still laughing!

"Anyway, now that THAT'S settled to everyone's satisfaction...."

Heee heeeee heeeeeeee *snort*

Post your nominations for "post of the week" here. It can be a single post, or just part of a post... just funny, or a great intellectual contribution.

The best nominations will enter into a public vote on Friday.

New week - New Nominations ? Result of vote ? :confused:

My nomination this week:

Ed, this is the most important essay you will ever read on a bulletin board. In a while it won't be on a bulletin board. It'll be in magazines. It will be on TV. It will become accepted mainstream science. People will win prizes. This is what Einstein thought. It isn't crackpot nonsense. Unconvince yourself that it is.