dont read on if you dont want to hear a pointless rant

Callipygous

Hello

To answer your question; yes because you are young a number of people will find what happened to you highly humorous. It would take me more than the fingers of both hands the number of young co-workers, friends and students who over the years have come crying to me over a gf or bf’s infidelity.

And all of them acted the same; how could they do this to me, why did this have to happen, how could they not love me…

And when you tried to tell them anything they’d be there crying ‘How could you know how I feel. No one knows how I feel, nobody loves me’ yadda yadda yadda.

Well read the previous posts, a hella’ a lot of people know how you feel. Why because it’s happen to them or those they knew as well. They survived; a few embittered, but most probably look back and chuckle over it. As you will most likely do too one day, it’ll make a great joke/story to amuse your friends with.

Case in point and why my first post. Worked some years back with a young fellow a year or two older than you, we had to work late one night and he told his girlfriend to go ahead and attend a concert they had bought tickets for. Also going were her female friend and her steady. Around midnight he gets a call from her stating they were too wasted to drive home, got a hotel room and were sitting around downing a few brews. Upon telling this to my self and an even older co-worker we advised him if he had any brains in his head, he needed to get himself down there right then.

But he was all ‘Oh we love and trust each other.’ ‘She’s faithful to me I can trust her.’

And guess what, you got it, what happened to you happened to him.

Next day when he came in crying about the whole sorted affair, about all we did was hold up a dictionary and say ‘Look here’s your picture under the word dumbass’.

What did he do about it in the end? Why he made up with this girl, and spent some quality time with her and her friend. Let her think all was fine with the world, right up to the moment he dumped her. ‘Revenge is a dish best served cold’, as the Spartans use to say, not the Klingons as some Star Trek fans believe. This part also reasons into my earlier post.

Do I say dump her? I’ll give you no advice. That’s what learning from life is all about.

And I won’t make it easy for you by giving you an out of ‘I shouldn’t have done that, but that creepy fellow from the web told me I should’.

You already know if you can truly forgive such and act, and if you believe you can really trust this person’s promises. Don’t look here for validation.

Hoping you take this in the spirit intended, that of enough of the ‘oh so sorry for poor Dak’. Ain’t going to let you wallow about in self pity, or are you the kind of Smuck/Putz (American) Wanker(British) who thinks you deserve to be treated this way by people?

Hells no; so grieve for a while then say ‘So What’, is that the best you can throw at me life.

Mr D

“SOUND OFF LIKE YOU GOT A PAIR” R Lee Ermey

ps you do know my original post was directed to Callipygous, and not you? But I think the above can apply to both cases.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no lack of respect for the law... i know a grand total of 3 people who made it through highschool without drinking.

im one of them, another is diabetic.

its not my fault you have no concept of reality. (that teenagers drink) i happen to be one of the more responsible ones, as i dont generally get obliterated, im never beligerant, i dont drink regularly, i dont drive, i dont do anything that could endanger anyone but myself. i even waited till i was 18 so my actions cant have any negative effects on my parents. when i started drinking i did it in such a way that it didnt have negative effects on anyone, including myself.

so aside from the law, which no one but you cares about, is there anything irresponsible about my drinking?

lack of experience with alcohol.... at what point did i express an lack of experience with alcohol?

next on the list.... how would my lack of experience with alcohol cause my girlfriends alcohol debacle? how would my ANYTHING with alcohol have any effect on what my gf did when i was on the other side of the country?

and, as has already been stated, using alcohol to numb such an occasion is not an uncommon response. and i didnt even go to the extent most people would. i didnt pass out, and i havent had a drop since that night.

the last time i drank before that i had one drink. i dont even remember when the last time was before that.

now please, continue going on about what an incredibly immature alcoholic malcontent i am.

PS. ever tried pot?

"Careful. Yes he can be 19 years old and be mature enough to drink, but if the law says "no" then disregarding that law would be immature."

"Once again looking to uncle sammy to be the great legitimator. The government is the last place I'm looking for direction on when it's a good time to get married, have children, and die for one's country - or anything for that matter. We live under laws, but that doesn't mean they're moral or just laws - most definitely not sensible laws."

:embarass:

there is no lack of respect for the law... i know a grand total of 3 people who made it through highschool without drinking.

its not my fault you have no concept of reality. (that teenagers drink) i happen to be one of the more responsible ones, as i dont generally get obliterated, im never beligerant, i dont drink regularly, i dont drive, i dont do anything that could endanger anyone but myself. i even waited till i was 18 so my actions cant have any negative effects on my parents. when i started drinking i did it in such a way that it didnt have negative effects on anyone, including myself.

so aside from the law, which no one but you cares about, is there anything irresponsible about my drinking?

lack of experience with alcohol.... at what point did i express an lack of experience with alcohol?

next on the list.... how would my lack of experience with alcohol cause my girlfriends alcohol debacle? how would my ANYTHING with alcohol have any effect on what my gf did when i was on the other side of the country?

and, as has already been stated, using alcohol to numb such an occasion is not an uncommon response. and i didnt even go to the extent most people would. i didnt pass out, and i havent had a drop since that night.

the last time i drank before that i had one drink. i dont even remember when the last time was before that.

now please, continue going on about what an incredibly immature alcoholic malcontent i am.

PS. ever tried pot?

Of course we know teenagers drink. WE drank as teenagers. I'm not casting judgment on your character as much as I'm casting judgement on your individual actions and applying them logically. When I drank as a teenager, particularly when the police brought me home, I was immature and shouldn't have been doing it. But most of us have and probably always will go through this 'right of passage' so to speak of binging and partying. But that doesn't instantly make us mature and respectful.

I'm just saying, have fun do what you do but don't kid yourself into thinking you're mature and in great mental shape for deep commitment with a woman. Women are different than girls. Girls are party favors, women are mates.

And what's with the embarrassed little smiley next to my witty statements? Do you not understand the difference between obeying the law and using the law as your guide to right and wrong? This is the same line christians walk between god's law and man's law.

I do have a problem with him drinking. It's against the law. I didn't make the law, but I have to live by it, and for some stupid reason I expect mature people to obey the law. If that makes me uncool so be it. I do not condone the consumption of alcohol by people who are under the legal drinking age.

I've never gotten drunk in my entire life. However, I do not criticize Callipygous for drinking alcohol. It seems like he did it in a responsible way. He wasn't driving, working, or endangering other people.

I believe age is a very bad way to measure responsibility. There are many people over the age of 21 who would drink and drive at the same time. There are also many teenagers who would consume alcohol only in a responsible way.

Sometimes the law can be flawed by using age to measure maturity. For example, some creators of the law seem to think that anyone under the age of 18 would go on a killing rampage if they purchase "M" rated video games. That is absolutely ridiculous. I've played some of the most violent games out there, and many people say I'm the politest teenager they ever met.

Yeah, I might be a little crazy, but that has nothing to do with the games! :D

Anyway, age is not the best way to judge someone for using alcohol. Callipygous's use of alcohol might be legally wrong, but I don't see any moral problems with it. As long as Callipygous acts in a responsible way, I don't believe law enforcement officers would have any reason to punish him.

the embarassed smiley is for your suggestion that it would be immature to ignore a law that is not moral, just or sensible. (and isnt likely to result in punishment, since im not an idiot who drives, or drinks at school, or goes and acts stupid in grocery stores.)

Callipygous's use of alcohol might be legally wrong, but I don't see any moral problems with it. As long as Callipygous acts in a responsible way, I don't believe law enforcement officers would have any reason to punish him.

Use that logic the next time you get pulled over for a moving violation, or you get a parking ticket.

"I wasn't hurting anyone officer, so morally you have no reason to punish me"

No wait don't tell me you haven't driven in your life either. :rolleyes:

Now that was a mature reply, but why does it sound like you're whining to a parent?

When you say there is no disrepect for the law, and then you say that I'm the only one that cares about it. Guess what? You disrespected the law.

Just because you're tying to set it up as a victimless crime doesn't make it any less illiegal.

The fact that you are going out of your way to brag about how good and safe you are at consuming alcohol like you can do it just as good as mommy and daddy, or any other legal adult says a lot about your lack of maturity.

I use that to base what I said earlier that you aren't mature enough to be in a serious relationship.

The thing that really gets me in all of this while setting everything I've said about alcohol aside(even though I know you won't). The fact that this convienently happened while you were out of the state is red flag the size of Texas. Come on man you can't be that naive. What's going to happen the next time you are gone?

i have seen my gf kissing another girl prior to this incedent(this same girl as a matter of fact) because we all thought it would be hot for them to send me a picture of some girl on girl action. then i saw it and realized that no, its really just another person kissing my girlfriend. and i told her so. i told her i didnt like it and in the future im gonna see it the same as if it were another guy.

yes. we had definately discussed it, we were definately exclusive at that point.

The second her lips touched someone elses besides your own in a sexual manner the relationship ceased to be exclusive. You liked the idea of her kissing another girl. You permitted this to happen. Then you changed your mind and you set a condition upon her by telling her in the future you were going to see it as kissing another guy. The moment you set a condition on your gf, she will start or has already started to resent you and your relationship is headed toward the toilet. Obviously she liked kissing her because she did it for the picture then and she did it again when you were out of state. Sounds like a repeat offender to me. Even though she did have permission to the first time she clearly didn't the second.

it was one of her old friends (a guy) who wasnt actually invited and just decided to join in. "and i was too drunk to push him off"

If she was too drunk to push him off, and she didn't really want it. Why isn't this being treated like she was raped? A supposedly univited guy comes over and has sex with your drunken girlfriend and says she's too drunk to push him off, but other than being apologetic with you she's cool with it. I have to assume that because you haven't stated otherwise. That tells me it's something she enjoyed, or something she wanted to do.

Use that logic the next time you get pulled over for a moving violation, or you get a parking ticket.

"I wasn't hurting anyone officer, so morally you have no reason to punish me"

No wait don't tell me you haven't driven in your life either. :rolleyes:

There's definately a difference though. The act of driving isn't any morally different than the act of drinking. However, driving recklessly can have bad consequences just like drinking recklessly. There are limits when an activity becomes inappropriate, and law gets some of these limits right, others it doesn't (but that depends upon your personal beliefs).

If she was too drunk to push him off, and she didn't really want it. Why isn't this being treated like she was raped? A supposedly univited guy comes over and has sex with your drunken girlfriend and says she's too drunk to push him off, but other than being apologetic with you she's cool with it. I have to assume that because you haven't stated otherwise. That tells me it's something she enjoyed, or something she wanted to do.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found this strange.

I do have a problem with him drinking. It's against the law. I didn't make the law, but I have to live by it, and for some stupid reason I expect mature people to obey the law. If that makes me uncool so be it. I do not condone the consumption of alcohol by people who are under the legal drinking age.

I speed occasionally when I drive. Does that mean I am too immature to be married?

So by your statement you think he's mature by reaching for a bottle to ease his pain, and you think it's fine for minors to drink alcohol if they are cheated on. Does that mean you would openly contribute to the delinquency of a minor (which is also a crime) to help them be more mature and grown up?

Drinking to get drunk is immature at any age. I did it when I was young and I may do it again in the future. I can do immature things sometimes, but that doesn't define me as completely immature.

Now that was a mature reply, but why does it sound like you're whining to a parent?

and the tone you choose to attach to my post is relevant to the discussion... how?

When you say there is no disrepect for the law, and then you say that I'm the only one that cares about it. Guess what? You disrespected the law.

allow me to rephrase. i showed the law more respect than 90% of my peers.

The fact that you are going out of your way to brag about how good and safe you are at consuming alcohol like you can do it just as good as mommy and daddy, or any other legal adult says a lot about your lack of maturity.

he was attacking my use of alcohol. how is it "going out of my way" to counter it with all the things that show i dont drink irresponsibly?

The second her lips touched someone elses besides your own in a sexual manner the relationship ceased to be exclusive. You liked the idea of her kissing another girl. You permitted this to happen. Then you changed your mind and you set a condition upon her by telling her in the future you were going to see it as kissing another guy. The moment you set a condition on your gf, she will start or has already started to resent you and your relationship is headed toward the toilet. Obviously she liked kissing her because she did it for the picture then and she did it again when you were out of state. Sounds like a repeat offender to me. Even though she did have permission to the first time she clearly didn't the second.

how is it "setting a condition" on her to tell her how i feel about something? something specifically related to our relationship, for that matter? i guess once she says she isnt down for anal thats the only place youll stick it, huh?

it isnt being treated as a rape because it wasnt the only part of the encounter. i DO consider his involvement in it rape, as does she. the part with the girl was totally voluntary, thats the part that i would dump her for. not that im not furious with her for not calling the cops on the guy. but you have to admit its not a case that would make it anywhere in court.

my specific thoughts on that part of it would require going into far more depth than i care to share. especially with a bunch of people who have chosen to be total pricks for absolutely no reason. sharing your thoughts is one thing. youve crossed the line into making offensive assumptions about something about which you dont know the details.

but you have to admit its not a case that would make it anywhere in court.

I wouldn't admit that at all. Courts are pretty supportive of females in rape cases, and perhaps there would have been some DNA evidence to back it up?

Id have to agree. A few of you could stand to learn a little about tact.Can't you understand that maybe when someones going through something painful isn't the best time to be critical and insulting about how they live their lives?

I wouldn't admit that at all. Courts are pretty supportive of females in rape cases, and perhaps there would have been some DNA evidence to back it up?

ok, i would have to say its a case that wouldnt make it anywhere in court. due to the fact that she didnt kick, scream, punch, or otherwise remove him in anyway more forcible than trying to move away. (and before you bother, my thoughts on this are, yet again, tied to things i dont care to share with you)

as for DNA, perhaps at the time. it happened in april. im pretty sure its all gone.

Id have to agree. A few of you could stand to learn a little about tact.Can't you understand that maybe when someones going through something painful isn't the best time to be critical and insulting about how they live their lives?

and aside from whether its the best time, maybe its just flat out rude and unnecessary?

why the burning desire to prove that my girlfriend doesnt actually love me, my relationship is over, and im a fool for considering otherwise? would it help you sleep tonight?

ok, i would have to say its a case that wouldnt make it anywhere in court. due to the fact that she didnt kick, scream, punch, or otherwise remove him in anyway more forcible than trying to move away. (and before you bother, my thoughts on this are, yet again, tied to things i dont care to share with you)

Doesn't matter... it would be seen as a form of date rape: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_rape

as for DNA, perhaps at the time. it happened in april. im pretty sure its all gone.

That's the catch. It would just be her word against his, which probably wouldn't be good enough. But, at least it would let the scumbag know that she won't stand for it.

According to your profile you are only 19 years of age, and located in the USA. So by law you are an underage drinker. I'm going to have to guess your "gf" isn't of age to consume alcohol yet either. So you're either a liar (if your profile is false), or a self confessed delinquent who has a flagrant disregard for law.

i read that there is no national drinking age.

it is simply that every state has been basically blackmailed into raising the legal state drinking age from 18 to 21. it is a law that is entirely arguable as to it's validity on every level, and is therefore subject to heavy disagreement and rebellion.

taken from the facebook group: Reduce the Drinking Age to 18!

"The current legally drinking age was made possible by the 1984 Federal Highway Act. This blackmailed all states into enacting a drinking age of 21 by threatening states with a reduction in federal highway funding if they did not comply. By 1988 every state in the US enacted a drinking age of 21.

Instead of focusing on the drinking age to combat drunk driving, we should instead focus on educating our youth about responsible drinking and the dangers of drunk driving and binge drinking."

the only state that is capable of economically surviving the reduced federal funding is California.

Doesn't matter... it would be seen as a form of date rape: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_rape

i know what date rape is. i just have a hard time seeing a jury actually convicting on that. (by which i mean this particular case, not date rape in general)

That's the catch. It would just be her word against his, which probably wouldn't be good enough. But, at least it would let the scumbag know that she won't stand for it.

theres also the other female participant.

To answer your question; yes because you are young a number of people will find what happened to you highly humorous.

the thought of calipygous getting hit by a car also amuses me.

seriously, why is this funny because it's happening to a young adult? sure, we've all been through similar, and yeah, its to be expected more at his age range than ours, but that doesnt make it ok, and certainly doesn't make it humerous.

And when you tried to tell them anything they’d be there crying ‘How could you know how I feel. No one knows how I feel, nobody loves me’ yadda yadda yadda.

i hardly think caly's being emo about this, other than to a low, perfectly acceptable given the situation, level.

ps you do know my original post was directed to Callipygous, and not you?

actually, no. it realy seemed as if you wer confusing me with the op, what with the use of 'you' being blatantly directed at me, with no indication that it had suddenly changed to cally.

But I think the above can apply to both cases.

im 24, not just been dumped, and am not intending to ever enter into a monogomous relationship again. so no.

it isnt being treated as a rape because it wasnt the only part of the encounter. i DO consider his involvement in it rape, as does she. the part with the girl was totally voluntary, thats the part that i would dump her for. not that im not furious with her for not calling the cops on the guy. but you have to admit its not a case that would make it anywhere in court.

i'd have to reluctantly agree.

a lawyer would just paint her out as a drunken slut, pointing to the lesbianism whilst in a monogomous relationship as 'proof', and claiiming that she's only crying rape to ameliorate the situation now that her bf has found out :-(

coupled with a lack of phisical resistance, which both she and her female friend would be oblidged to admit to, a jury would be incredibly reluctant to assume guilt under thoses circumstances.

cally: maybe you should do likewize. if it was an old friend, and she didn't make it clear enough that she didn't want him to stop, then maybe he genuinely thought he had consent?

i know you didn't ask for advice, and i gather youd rather not persue this particular matter too much further, but as someone who's been falsly (and out of court) accused of rape (by someone i've never actually had sex with :rolleyes: ) i kinda feel obliged to say it.

no need to rebuke if you disagree. just be cautiouse of assuming he raped her, and espescially of telling others that know him that he did so.

I wouldn't admit that at all. Courts are pretty supportive of females in rape cases

the average conviction rate is appaulingly low. in the uk, iirc, its at around 1-10% of rapes end up with the perp in jail (i think it's about 2.5% in my county). verrrry hard to convict, due to the presumption of innocence and the fact that 'concent' usually comes down to one persons word against anothers, and proving that the accused knew that he didn't have consent is tricky. even in cases where theres clear evidence of a struggle.

and aside from whether its the best time' date=' maybe its just flat out rude and unnecessary?

why the burning desire to prove that my girlfriend doesnt actually love me, my relationship is over, and im a fool for considering otherwise? would it help you sleep tonight?[/quote']

The reason we're coming across critical and insulting is because the lack of intellect and apparent naivety is annoying and strikes a chord with us since we have kids that are about to be teenagers. We may be a little too harsh since we get the same blank stares and shrugged shoulders from our youth, while the cause of their problems is starring them in the face.

All of the problems here can be traced to immaturity mixed with grown up drugs. We're are simply amazed you don't see that. Just like I'm amazed my son doesn't think he should get in trouble for being late for class 4 times in one week.

I just don't have any patience for people who lie to themselves and pretend they're not doing anything wrong when they break the law. I break the law everyday in one way or another, and you won't find me on the side of road explaining to the police officer how the law is stupid and immoral and shouldn't apply to me.

The fact of the matter is, I'm simply wrong to break that law. But, I'm going to do it anyway. And I'm not going to pretend it's ok, just because I don't have any moral or sensibility issues with breaking said law.

Immature people probably won't understand the paragraph above. Part of maturity is realizing you're not perfect and not everything you choose to do is right - however you might do it anyway and take your chances.

I'm not saying Callipygous is a bad person, or uncommon - but rather typical of late teen lifestyle. He compares himself to others to gauge his responsibility coeffecient. Typical of this point in life.

I also want to clarify that the only reason I'm judgemental of this girlfriend is because she was in a monogamous relationship. I take commitment seriously.

But, I think it's great for women to be more sexually explorative. We all get something out of it don't we guys?

The last thing you'll see me doing is calling a girl a slut or losing respect for her when she offers herself up as a party favor or has a drunken n-some with assorted strangers.

As guys, we're always trying to get women to loosen up and get naughty - then we turn around and call them names and lose repsect for them when they do. That's not smart. We're not going to get women to be that fun with us if we don't take up for them and show respect after the fact. Then maybe they'll do it again and again. Wouldn't that be awesome?

As guys, we're always trying to get women to loosen up and get naughty - then we turn around and call them names and lose repsect for them when they do. That's not smart. We're not going to get women to be that fun with us if we don't take up for them and show respect after the fact. Then maybe they'll do it again and again. Wouldn't that be awesome?

huh?

huh?

Ok, let me break it down for you. When you're a teenage guy trying to get your girlfriend to do a threesome, or whatever crazy thing you want to try, it's not smart to then call her a whore afterwards. She'll probably never do it again will she?

There...does that make sense?

Ok, let me break it down for you. When you're a teenage guy trying to get your girlfriend to do a threesome, or whatever crazy thing you want to try, it's not smart to then call her a whore afterwards. She'll probably never do it again will she?

There...does that make sense?

which assumes that callypigous was trying to get his gf to do a threesom, which, clearly, was not the case.

not everyone is the same. just because you, or i, would have gone 'w00t, bisexual girlfriend' doesn't mean that cally has to feel the same way, and doesn't address the fact that, at the end of the day, she cheated on him.

yes, i'd love to meet this woman, or one like her, as would you. but, we're not the ones whos trust she just broken. hence, my 'empathically deficient' comment. he's obviously not in the mood to be going 'wahay, lesbian threesoms', and suggestions that he should be are kinda missing the point that his gf just cheated on him.

hows about if his girlfriend had just cheated on him normally, with 1 bloke, and you were going 'wahey, she's loose; cheer up cally, i personally would like to meat an easy woman'.

kinda dumb, tactless and worthless, no?

All of the problems here can be traced to immaturity mixed with grown up drugs. We're are simply amazed you don't see that.

the problem is that you are making irrational associations. youve decided that MY use of alcohol is somehow related to this. MY use of alcohol has never had any negative repurcussions. so saying that IM immature and using adult drugs, and that thats the cause of the problem, is... well.... stupid.

i totally recognize the fact that my gf is clearly incapable of handling alcohol. how does that come back to you calling me an immature alcohol abuser?

ready for a slap from the irony stick? shes 21:eek:

which assumes that callypigous was trying to get his gf to do a threesom, which, clearly, was not the case.

not everyone is the same. just because you, or i, would have gone 'w00t, bisexual girlfriend' doesn't mean that cally has to feel the same way, and doesn't address the fact that, at the end of the day, she cheated on him.

yes, i'd love to meet this woman, or one like her, as would you. but, we're not the ones whos trust she just broken. hence, my 'empathically deficient' comment. he's obviously not in the mood to be going 'wahay, lesbian threesoms', and suggestions that he should be are kinda missing the point that his gf just cheated on him.

hows about if his girlfriend had just cheated on him normally, with 1 bloke, and you were going 'wahey, she's loose; cheer up cally, i personally would like to meat an easy woman'.

kinda dumb, tactless and worthless, no?

Dak, you're completely misunderstanding my post. Just a few posts back I posted a clarification. Because I didn't want to be misunderstood while being judgemental of Cal's girlfriend.

I then got a reply on that post from Gutz that said "huh?".

So that post is in answer to Gutz. This has nothing to do with Cal or his girlfriend issue.

Sorry, I didn't mean to stray from the topic.