What do you like about yourself?

In My Memory

This is a feel-good-about-yourself thread, and maybe even a brag-and-gloat-and-be-better-than-everyone thread :) Share with everyone what you really like about yourself, and why its just the best thing in the world to be you.

I'll go first:

It probably comes to no surprise to anyone that I'm incredibly vain and feminine, but thats one of the thing I really like about myself. Theres nothing better than the feeling of being very girly and feminine, its the best! I mention this because I got a comment from someone today who said "I dont think I've ever seen you wear pants", which is true because I dont ever wear pants because they make me feel too masculine (and I dont wear shorts because they are ugly), so my wardrobe is almost exclusively skirts and dresses. But only classy ones, usually pleated black or white fabric cut a few inches above the knee, so that its cute and adorable without being unprofessional. And I embody other girly things like practicing yoga, owning lots of shoes, and having lots of girl power.

Also, I like the people who I work with every night at work, they are like my family. We are very fond of opening up and spilling our guts on things that made us happy or upset during the day, we like to rant about things, exchange recipes, knit sweaters for each other (everyone in my career field is a man, so I taught the guys how to crochet :) ), and more. Its not even like they're coworkers, they're friends, and our friendship is something I really take a lot of pleasure in having.

My winning smile, handsome visage, high IQ, muscular toned body, ability to attract ladies, my 5 PhDs, amazing ability to handle liquor, my hordes of friends, by high-earning salary, my philanthropic programs that feed millions of hungry people, and I don't have a big head, I'm a very modest person. :P:D

Ecoli...:D

What do I like about myself? Hmmm... Let's see. Ummm... I got nothing.

Oh wait, yes I do. I like how I'm almost always in a good mood. :)

Oh yeah, and I like how I have a lot of friends.

I like how I get good grades.

I like how I'm athletic.

I like that people like me.

I like that I somehow manage to get what I want.

I like that I love reptiles...keeps me occupied.

^same thing with computers, science, cameras, the outdoors, football, basketball, and skateboarding.

Yeah...the list goes on.

1. Incredibly easily amused (I like shiny things)

2. My ingenious wit

3. My intelligence

4. I can make friends with people quickly

5. Perpetually happy (well unless something serious has happened like a death in the family)

6. I can manipulate people subtly if need be(insert evil grin and laugh here)

7. My ability to rant about small things(this gave rise to a .mp3 file called "The 36 rants" i meant to post it on the net but never got round to it. its basically 36 hours of me ranting about things. i recorded them while waiting on busses, the number came around because the bus is the No. 36)

8. That i can't think of anything else...

I happen to be rather fond of my ability to remember random facts for years after I learn them. Comes in handy sometimes.

i've never found a real use for mine unless its one of those awkward situations when no one is saying anything. a random fact about genetalia usually gets some conversation going.

i've never found a real use for mine unless its one of those awkward situations when no one is saying anything. a random fact about genetalia usually gets some conversation going.

The conversation usually goes...

akward silence

Me: "Hey, did you know that a 'dork' is another name for a whale's penis?"

in no order:

- when I make a decision to accomplish something, I do it...even if people tell me that I can't.

- that I've maintained a yoga practice for 25 years.

- That I worked my way through several advanced degrees despite a learning disablility.

- my understanding that kindness is more important than knowledge.

- my entrepreneurial skills and successes.

- That I laugh a lot.

- That I am utterly lacking a fear of death.

- that my ear is trained to hear the sound of a kitten in distress. (I've

rescued about 20 abandoned kittens over the last 20 years).

- That I'm naturally unusual.

- that I have so many things on my list of things I like about myself. :)

I`ve really given this question some real consideration as it`s not one I`ve even thought of asking myself before.

so basicly without making a list, I like myself because of my Responsibilities.

far removed from the machine Ethic/Philosophy: Sumation of Being; I am my Hardware and Software NAND the Task(s) I perform.

I rather like being ME, and wouldn`t even if possible be anyone else other than me.

besides I got the best mates that any bloke on the planet could ever wish for! :)

When I set my mind to something, I do it. I like the fact that I have stayed committed to keeping fit for the last four years. I do not drink, smoke or take drugs. I run my own I.T business and still study at university full time. I have a beautiful girlfriend, who is also studying science with me. Nice thread!

The fact that i went from year 10 intermediate maths to 3 unit advanced in year 11, nearly the end of the first term and im still doing alright at it.

that i have taken up playing basketball at least once a week. possibly the most active i have been for a long long time.

how hard i have worked so far this year. 100% more than last year.

how hard i try while doing my job.

that while i only have a few friends, they are the greatest type of people i could ever wish for.

that at times i have strokes of hilarious genius. not often, but often enough.

I have never been called ugly. I've been told I am good looking so it kinda grew on me in a vain and narcissistic manner. Any takers on the ugly comment? :D

I used to be a very depressed person growing up, but was able to overcome that and I am now a pretty content and confident person. I am a very passionate person about things I care about, and although at times is can be a bad thing it's usually more good than bad. So yeah, I guess I like that about myself.

People have told me that I am:

1. Paranoid.
  2. "Kind of" sociopathic.
  3. Handsome.
  4. Ugly.
  5. Intelligent.
  6. Wise.
  7. Stupid.
  8. Skinny.
  9. Crazy.
  10. Funny.
  11. Boring.
  12. A loser.
  13. Too serious.
  14. Blasphemous.

I have a friend who informed me that I'm just like Dr. House from House, M.D. (i.e. disgruntled)

I like that I'm intelligent--not to be vain in any way. I also like that I'm secular, because I can't believe I used to be a Christian Fundamentalist.

I like that I am skeptical and can usually keep happy. I also like that I have friends and have activities such as biking, kayaking, and SFN that make me feel fulfilled and relieve pressure. I am also happy with my grades and work at school.

my intelligence. i pick things up much quicker than people around me generally do. ive met people who are smarter than me, but very rarely. ive also met people with much greater knowledge than me, especially here, but also rarely. (part of that is environment though. im not exactly hanging out at harvard these days)

currently, i work harder than most of my coworkers, generally walking around a group of chatting people while doing a job they should be helping with.

and lastly, probably the one that makes me the most happy, ive heard that im "soooo cute" from girls who didnt know i was still in hearing range on more than one occasion. : D

my intelligence. i pick things up much quicker than people around me generally do. ive met people who are smarter than me' date=' but very rarely. ive also met people with much greater knowledge than me, especially here, but also rarely. (part of that is environment though. im not exactly hanging out at harvard these days)

currently, i work harder than most of my coworkers, generally walking around a group of chatting people while doing a job they should be helping with.

and lastly, probably the one that makes me the most happy, ive heard that im "soooo cute" from girls who didnt know i was still in hearing range on more than one occasion. : D[/quote']

And you have a cool hat! :)