Weed

hw help

Well' date=' among successful marijuana smokers we have... Carl Sagan. Among successful amphetamine addicts we have... Hitler.

Using the composition fallacy I can prove that all stoners are actually brilliant astronomers with deep insights into the universe, and that all amphetamine addicts are Nazis.

Q.E.D.[/quote']

Well, it's more believable then "only losers smoke weed"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well' date=' among successful marijuana smokers we have... Carl Sagan. Among successful amphetamine addicts we have... Hitler.

Using the composition fallacy I can prove that all stoners are actually brilliant astronomers with deep insights into the universe, and that all amphetamine addicts are Nazis.

Q.E.D.[/quote']

You forgot successful cocaine addict...Sigmund Freud

Well' date=' it's more believable then "only losers smoke weed"

__________________[/quote']

The notion that "only losers smoke weed" is no more credible than "all people who get straight A's are smart," or "only Buddists are celibate." Marijuana has been a heavy contributer to much of the world's art. We have the beat generation of music and literature, with Burroughs, Kerouac, and Ginsburg. Where would they be without drugs and alcohol? (note: many of the beat writers and poets could be considered losers, but they are famous, so it is moot)

How good would the Grateful Dead be without weed? (maybe not the best example :) ) Let's just say a GREAT DEAL of the music from the 60's on.

What chemical in Nutmeg causes a 'high'? I also know that in large quantities, nutmeg can kill you....

It doesn't make you high. It just makes you hallucinate. High usally refers to a euphoria, nutmeg makes you have a very, very bad trip. But, what we fail to note is that you need tons of nutmeg to hallucinate. More than you can stand.

Don't forget that a lot of the greatest jazz musicians/composers who ever lived, ie. John Coltrane, Philly Joe, Cannonball Adderly, were all "stoners." Weed isn't necessarily bad for you in small doses, but, obviously, being a chronic smoker is detrimental to one's health.

So drug induced performance enhancement is O.K, using the example of popular musicians and certain "stream of consciousness" writers? Is that the conclusion?

In that case why are athletes pilloried for going down the same route?

There is a rank hypocrisy there somewhere, n'est ce pas? Junkies will descend to any depths to justify their self-destructive habits, and athletes to enhance their earnings. Sisters under the skin.

I need a fag and a glass of scotch now.

So drug induced performance enhancement is O.K' date=' using the example of popular musicians and certain "stream of consciousness" writers? Is that the conclusion?

In that case why are athletes pilloried for going down the same route?

There is a rank hypocrisy there somewhere, [i']n'est ce pas[/i]? Junkies will descend to any depths to justify their self-destructive habits, and athletes to enhance their earnings. Sisters under the skin.

I need a fag and a glass of scotch now.

lol. I wonder what would happen if musicians got their Grammys taken away from them for creating music "under the influence".

hmm... this is all subjective... the whole athlete drug testing thing is just protocol due to the bad image that marijuana has. People don't like to see athletes as "stoners." It's just not the "right" image for the role models of society. Personally, I think the choice to smoke marijuana in the privacy of your own home should be a right and how it affects you physically or mentally is a consequence you should be prepared to accept. Also, there is no need to be outspoken about smoking; it shouldn't rule your life, and the smoking should stay in your home. And now that I think of it, I don't think "enhanced performance" should justify the use of marijuana because for the most part (marijuana affects people differently) it detracts from your performance. It should be used as a relaxant and nothing more.

Athletes are drug tested not because of the "image" that the league wants to portray, but because of the monetary size of their contracts. The owners put a LOT of money into those contracts and they want to be sure that the performance of their players will not be hampered by the use of drugs. If you just spent $100,000,000 on a player to perform at the highest level for you, and that player was using pot and heroin which was slowing down his reaction time and ability to play the game, you too would be quite upset.

Listen up, I was a stoner once upon a time. They say its not chemically addictive blah, blah, but its addictive for sure at the phycological level. In my personal experience, medical and creative properties aside, it is an absolutely worthless drug. It will eat your life. If you smoke it regularly you will find yourself saying, "Jesus, I feel stupid." You will end up using it as a cure for boredom and eventually you will forget what the hell youve been doing for the last month. Life becomes a blur after chronic use...its asinine. Also think of the unsavory part of society you will have to deal with to obtain the dope. Furthermore, think of all the $ youre gonna waste on the crap. Think $25 per week~$1200/year! When you could be doing something constructive with your money. The stuff will make you fat(munchies) lazy, unmotivated, will hamper your ability to learn, and I personally believe causes depression in more way than chemically. It will also lower your mental resistance to other addictions as well. In short, do whatever it is you plan to do with your ellusive nutmeg(stifled laugh) and leave the pot for the losers. BTW i play guitar and can remember(amazingly enough) that durring the peak of cannibis high I came up with some very cool stuff. At least I thought so time. I tends to create a false reality, wherin, everthing is just awesome. In reality..not so much. Now, after that initial high, that doesnt last that long compared to the mind numbing daze that ensues, I clearly sucked at playing the guitar. But that's probaly different from person to person.

Listen up, I was a stoner once upon a time. They say its not chemically addictive blah, blah, but its addictive for sure at the phycological level. In my personal experience, medical and creative properties aside, it is an absolutely worthless drug. It will eat your life. If you smoke it regularly you will find yourself saying, "Jesus, I feel stupid." You will end up using it as a cure for boredom and eventually you will forget what the hell youve been doing for the last month. Life becomes a blur after chronic use...its asinine. Also think of the unsavory part of society you will have to deal with to obtain the dope. Furthermore, think of all the $ youre gonna waste on the crap. Think $25 per week~$1200/year! When you could be doing something constructive with your money. The stuff will make you fat(munchies) lazy, unmotivated, will hamper your ability to learn, and I personally believe causes depression in more way than chemically. It will also lower your mental resistance to other addictions as well. In short, do whatever it is you plan to do with your ellusive nutmeg(stifled laugh) and leave the pot for the losers. BTW i play guitar and can remember(amazingly enough) that durring the peak of cannibis high I came up with some very cool stuff. At least I thought so time. I tends to create a false reality, wherin, everthing is just awesome. In reality..not so much. Now, after that initial high, that doesnt last that long compared to the mind numbing daze that ensues, I clearly sucked at playing the guitar. But that's probaly different from person to person.

Thats not a problem with weed, it's a problem with self control.

• 2 years later...
Exactly what I was going to say:-) If you want to hallucinate, make some cakes or biscuits with weed:D

If you want to hallucinate, why not do it the legal way? Salvia Divinorum in known for it's hallucinogenic effects.

Go Shaman like and do some DMT................................. I hear you can hallucinate if you smoke banana peels..................... I think the reference to weed being a hallucinogen is more so with respect to psychological hallucinations, as opposed to visual. Marijuana is linked with mild schizophrenia. A good many ex-users and psychologists will argue this or downplay with terms like snaky. Many individuals who smoke weed seek a 'higher state of being!' They sometimes try to float or silly things that(I like hippies yoga is cool,) that people who don't more often avoid. Not to say that people who do not do not also try. Acid literally creates severe visual distortions

eg. a goose flies by, each step of progression is freeze framed in the viewers sight for 100 meters, when the user looks back and forth all steps of progression are still there, goose suddenly starts traveling through time in reverse, viewer panics thinks he/she is going to die or Satan has finally come to bare claim on his kingdom, everything returns to normal, viewer feels like head is bleeding internally, viewers panics again and realizes drug is bad, viewer wonders if he/she has permanent brain damage!:eek:

'cause see children drugs are bad and if you don't believe me ask your dad.........................

I knew someone was going to say that.............................I was more so however expecting a reaming for having submitted DMT to this thread! I just went through 700 mg of Supadol I didn't mind...................... I can't say that the Celebrex was of any problem either. Now that you mention it the Morphine was pretty good, can't say I would have refused. I was just throwin' down some EMINEM and again......................... But to answer the question only those prescribed by your psychiatrist are bad...........right!