What's everyones fall schedule?

fafalone

Now that I've finally solidified my schedule (3 days into the start of the semester, lol), I'm taking:

University Physics 1 w/ Lab (4 credit hours)

Organic Chemistry 1 w/ Lab (5 credit hours)

Issues in Sports (3 credit hours)

Comparative Religion: Judaism vs. Islam (3 credit hours)

The last two are to fulfill "Exit Requirements" which are courses outside your discipline to be taken your Junior year. :-(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YT2095 said in post #23 :

what`s that all about? it`s only GCSE level, but it beats wasting a year doing nothing. does anyone what a "Science" course actualy entails?

What's GCSE level?

Well, maybe it's general science?

ie. a 'lil of BIO, CHEM, PHYS

NSX, GCSE = General Certificate of Secondary Education (iirc)

kinda like what you`de expect to leave High School with.

I already have my A level chem, and did half my A level Biology (droped out like a dumbass). but since this is the only course in Science at my local college, I figured I may as well take it, rather than wasting a year doing nothing.

dronezero said in post #29 :

IFR Rules and Regulations and flight lab (an aviation course)

Human Factors (aviation)

Aerospace Physics and lab

Calculus III

Introduction to Air Traffic Control

16 credits

Doin some kind of aeronautical degree?

YT2095 said in post #32 :

Well I`ve definately decided to take this Science course (for what it`s worth?) and the wife is taking Reflexology, so that`s us sorted for the next year :)

That's good!

Learning can't hurt.

What's reflexology?

It's a therapy belief system which proposes that different areas of the soles of the feet correspond with and have direct links to different regions and organs of the body. Careful massage of these specific areas on the soles of the feet is purported to benefit the corresponding somatic region or organ.

Of course, a problem arises if the original problem is that your feet hurt. I don't believe there is an area that corresponds to feet.

NSX, thnx, It beats sitting around for a year wishing we could be doing something more constructive.

Glider, yup, that`s the one :) it also has elements of psychology involved too (something I didn`t know). I though it was all some sort of acupressure(sp?) but talking to the "patient" is also a big part of it too.I dare say I`ll be her 1`st guinee pig, so I`ll let you know in about 6 months if there`s anything to it :)

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've posted but here is my schedule for this semester.

English, Chem and bio with lab, history and calculus.

I don't know if anyone remembers me but I posted here last year when I was still in highschool. So far I love college infinitely more than highschool!

I wont know till the end of September. Right now my schedule is Asmetrdam on 14th (toke-athon 2003), driving test on 18th then a few weeks later a little excursion to Stuttgart to see Rangers champions league game in Germany.

Aside from the driving lesson its a good life!

Just had a message to say that I'll be taking Advanced Research Methods

Is that post-grad course work?

Looks like I'll be scooping coral spawn out of the ocean in October, which is my noble contribution towards research science.

• 2 weeks later...
Skye said in post #40 :

Looks like I'll be scooping coral spawn out of the ocean in October, which is my noble contribution towards research science.

Wow, tha'ts amazing;

Is there anything specific you're looking for?

Skye said in post #40 :

Is that post-grad course work?

No. I'm in that awful limbo looking for a full time post, so I'm teaching it as a part-time visiting lecturer (again :-( ) to undergraduates ...most of whom hate it (particularly those who thought psychology was the 'cushy' option). I've been reduced to using smarties as a teaching aid/bribe. Sad really. Still, I managed to get some work on the Health Psychology module too this year, so at least there'll be some interesting debates on stuff like pain, euthenasia, drug abuse etc..

uh...don't s'pose you'd consider a swap? ;)

Enrolled at College last week, and instead of doing just Science, I`ve decided to take Maths as well (on the advice of a few friends). Oddly enough, I`m actualy looking forwards to it :)

And we STILL haven`t had our results from last years Sign Language course :(

It`s a good thing this years choices didn`t depend of having it!

I won't be scooping up coral spawn :( They are used as a model organism for genetic and developmental studies by one of the research groups at my uni (largely because you can easily gather millions of embryos), the head of which is on paternity leave at the moment. So it's not happening this year, because they only spawn one night a year. Actually they are predicted to spawn on two nights this year but I have no idea idea why. I live about 2 minutes walk from the beach where they scoop them up so it would have been perfect for me. I may still be able to get a sort of research scholarship in genetics over summer, but I imagine there'll be a fair bit of competition for that.

Actually it was quite amazing at the beach this weekend, which has a flat shelf extending about 100 metres out that is exposed at low tide, as there were several dozen small (maybe 4 feet long) reef sharks swimming in the shallows as the tide went out. I was able to wade out and get within maybe 10 feet of them in only a foot of water. Pretty cool to see their little fins slicing through the water around you :)

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Well I'm in high schol here is what I have (college classes)

Calculus III

Number Theory 2

University Physics 1' date=' then 2

Chemistry 2, then 3

Possibly Computer Science 141[/quote']

Where do you go to high school? And is that normal for kids in your area?

Bio 261 Human Anatomy & Physiology 1

Econ 201 Principles of Microeconomics

ANTH 204 Intro Arhaeology

Medical Ethics

since the summer is still young, i might replace that ethics class for

ANTH 361 SKELETAL FORENSICS

but as of yet, it's undecided ;)

and oh yeah, i'm currently trying to get my Bio Athropology prof take me as his lab assistant/helper(whatever) in his current mtDNA research/study