kids.

samulito

Not smarter, but have the ability to become more intelligent. That is, since they are young, you can teach them things you have learned quicker, and more thoroughly than the accumulated years it took you to learn something.

I will say that they may have the ability to be more empathetic, since survival at such a young age may require the ability to sense emotions and danger that will come from an enemy.

does anybody think that little kids in general are smarter than everyone else?
Not smarter. Better informed, better technology, better educated maybe. A child of six today has more opportunities to learn than a child of six from ten years ago, or twenty. When I was six it was a big accomplishment to know how to operate an electric can opener. My six-year-old can operate a computer.

But I'd like to think I could've operated a computer if I'd had one when I was six. But we only had the can opener. And I was really good with it.

However, since the human brain is greatly developing, along with the neural connections developing at a constant rate inside of a child, I will say that they have the change to exceed learning past an adult at a given age.

As people get older their neural connections aren't developing as fast.

2002-10-29_76223.jpg

children are able to think quicker, and learn things faster than adults, but they do not have experience or wisdom by which to make accurate assumptions. a person's intelligence usually hinges on how/what they learned and the kind of environment in which they learned/lived in during childhood years.

There is something about a growing child's brain that makes it more suceptable to knowledge. Its infanitely easie to learn a new language as a child then as an adult. (I keep thinking of ender's game and ender's shadow here)

• 1 month later...