We Have The Ability To Power The Planet.

arkain101

You first probably ask the question, how is this so? Power is developed through harnessing powers of the earth. Science proves that it is mathimatcally impossible to have a 100% efficient power devloping machine and engine. This is correct but somewhere along the line we forgot to add to the equation...... Logic.

When we talk about harrnessing the natural powers on earth we first think of wind, water, sunlight, and other naturally occuring forces. For some reason we forget to realize we, the human civiliaztion, is probably the greatest source of force on the earth.

Now you see what I am getting at when I say we have the ability to power our planet. It is impossible to put a stop to the world to make a drastic change in the ways we do things. The hidden clue key word in there is "stop". Human life is an ever-moving force.

Now let me get to the point. We use cars dailey in massive numbers. Each time you use the brakes, or slow down or go down a hill energy is lost. The technology is there to put electrical generators on each and every car that function as your brakes. When you choose to slow down your vehicle you enable this generator which creates power. Power gets directed to a series of capacitors, batteries, or some form of power storing device. Be even if it is not electrical. By law you are required to "hook up" to the massive power grid around the country. The generated power by the millions of cars is put to use. I think you understand where I am going with this. Trains which transport resources around the country have imaculate amounts of moving energy. The force of one train slowing down could develope a very large amount of power. Everywhere you look the opportunity is there to create energy for us to use. Workout machines at home, could be implemented to generate power for your own home.

The mag lev train is a perfect use for this concept. If a tunnel were constructed from one side of the country to the other. Not a fully undergound nor a fully surface tunnel either. using most of the ground you remove to be part of the material required to construct the top half. With this system constructed and put into use, a vacumized mag lev train system could be the main means of travel. At very high speeds this train could travel inside a vacumized tunnel system. Each time trains use the "brakes" to slow down, which would be no more than electic generators, that energry created would be used to power the other trains waiting to go. The electric circuit would require a very efficient resistance. From what I understand you could used submerged super cooled liquid gasses to surround most of the electrical circuit to lower the resistance to an amazing low amount. The heat energy absorbtion of this super cooled gas would be able to assist in the creation of this cooled gas. I could be incorrect here for I am not very knowledgable with super cooled gases but as a gas warms by abosorbing heat energery around it it expands and increases in pressure, pressure than can be put to use. As safety would be a concirn the train system would most likely have a speed limit implemented to the system. With friction free travel amazing speeds could be attained, although not fully harnessed by the trains, it could be harnessed by a sub side tunnel that transports packages, mail, and emergency supplies at increadible!!! speeds. One side of the country to the other in an hour. This may seem a little far fetched, but the possiblity is without a doubt there and the result of this amazing new system would and could evolve beyond expectations.

I look around at elevators, that carry people down tall buildings all around the world. People get inside these elevators and add to the weight. The power devloped electrical generators connected to the elevators could assist in powering the other one to go up. Garbage is a huge problem in this country, and the incredible amount of weight of it is a never ending force. If this garbage was delivered to a location where it would have to be lowered to a location 1000 feet below the gravity acting upon this tons and tons of waste could be used to power a generator before it is set to rest. We power water all around the world, and as we power it to locations we often power it to high buildings. This water after being used has to make a trip back to the waste area. Along this trip the water, you guessed it, could be used to develope power. When looking at an individual system of one buildings effect it really doesnt add up. But If we use our knowledge to harness our human energy just think of the amazing realizations! I could go on and on about where the world is creating power, but I think we are all on track at this point so I will leave it unmentioned.

Physics says that you can not create a perpetual motion machine. Because Energy is always lost. I agree this is correct! But who says that 100% of the power created by this "device" has to be used. You see, eventually as you add this theoretical idea up, the efficency can reach very close to 100%. And as long as you dont use 100% of this 99% efficient system It can get a head start on us. Eventually I beleive over time in for example. 50% of the worlds power consumption could be powered by a below 100% effiencient power system with a 70% power consumption. Now math isnt very good, but does this not leave us with a +100% power developing system? Not only is this a perpetual system it is a ever generating system. Harnessing the human force, to create a force that powers the human energy in turn increasing the human force.

Hf(human force)

Ef(energy force)

He(human energy)

X(surpluce of Ef)

Df(demand of force)

Ef= X(HfxHe)/DF

Now I am only a grade 12 graduate at the age of 22. But Did I just come up with one of the most influencial ideas ever developed in the history of time?

"Written September 29th 2005 11:40pm West Coast Time by Nicholis Justing Hill"

Excuse my math skills. The formula may not be exactly correct and not exactly that important either.

The fact is.. The force of all things human related can be harnessed to help create power to get to the ultimate goal of achieving a surpluss which leads to a more than 100% efficient system. It doesnt mean it will power the whole country. Maybe only half, but that half will be free.

Now let me get to the point. We use cars dailey in massive numbers. Each time you use the brakes, or slow down or go down a hill energy is lost. The technology is there to put electrical generators on each and every car that function as your brakes. When you choose to slow down your vehicle you enable this generator which creates power. Power gets directed to a series of capacitors, batteries, or some form of power storing device.

It's called regenerative braking. Used in hybrid cars for several years now.

Yea, that is what it's called.

Are you overlooking the point?

How many humans are in america and canada. 350million estim. We harness most of there dailey life and actions to generate a bit of power. You now have a generating system the size of a city or so. If you add power to the already power developing stations, or in the same sense, remove consumption of electric power by implementing this idea into lessening the power consumption from the current source we can develope a surplus, which can be stored or simply tone down the current generating supply. Whatever it may be. We are a force to harness.

Thanks for the replies.

I would appreciate some detailed explainations behind your opinions.

I did not state this was a solution to the power problem. This is about bettering the lost energry that exist in the millions around the country.

I am going to continue my work on this and try to get an estimation on how much energy this can save or produce on the grand scale.

I know this will work and will be part of the future way of nearly self creating power for our world.

Free energy That can theoreticall be more than 100% efficient sounds quite significant to me.

arkain, your logic is flawed. You can't get something for nothing. All 'engines' are inefficient, some to a startlingly high degree. Your proposals to capture some currently wasted energy is sound, but as Swansont has pointed out it is already in restricted use. Should we make more use of it? I certainly think so, but that will not transform the energy sistuation in the way you seem to believe.

lol, nice one.

It is frustrating when people get hung up on quick examples that are a part of a greater thing, but I digress.

The force is there and I am confident in being able to design the required systems to harness part of it step by step.

I think these things often get thought over.

The cost of making things efficient usually involves more money, manpower, and energy than what you would save. Or it is at least hardly enough to 'power the planet'.

Whatever happened to nuclear power supposedly giving us near infinite energy, powering a home for $10 a year!

I agree with Mayflower , but if you really think about this try to invent or improve something which will save energy but for reasonable cost .

If you think of something practical I will help in drawing and construction

Too many things went wrong with nuclear energy so they closed down most the plants didn't they. If they were to reassess and use new technology to make it safer nuclear energy could be used couldn't it? They had that one plant have a meltdown because of bad safety precautions and slow actions but we could have a much safer one now.

One of the main issues today with nuclear is that environmental activists are concerned with the radioactive waste - waste that could conceivably be used to power spacecraft (thru the energy given off by radioactive decay), which in turn could be used to ship the rest of the radioactive waste somewhere else - in other words, deep space, the sun, etc...

When the world starts to seriously strain its remaining oil reserves nuclear will be the only viable alternative for large scale energy production. wait and see.

arkain101, pick ONE of those ideas, and develop a device for increasing the efficiency of ONE of those processes that costs LESS to manufacture (in financial and energy terms) than it does to pay the incremental energy cost and you'll be a rich man.

I thought about many ideas.. some I came up with were "power stations" on free ways that as you driver over them put pressure into pumps that spin generatros.. The traffic in cities is relentless. With a 400m foot section in the road that was chian link with a hundred seperate individual links that push down on compressers, it would be like making a wave in the road as you drive that springs back up behind you. (only 6inches of drop or so) but the gravity of the vehicles would simply power huge generators all day long.. then the gas and stuff actually goes to use.

50 cars per lane, 3 lanes, 3000lb average car, at 50km/h (13.8m/s)

5,760,000pounds of cars per hour. Now you get my point? There is a massive massive amount of force involved there. That is only for one direction of traffic in only one small freeway in one city.

There is so many possibilites like this.

that would make all of the cars burn more gas, because they are powering the generator. You can't get something for nothing.

Big lifts that lower into the grand canyon, put waste onto them at the top lower to the bottom on the way down power generators, it'd work. The only problem is it'd fill up, and you've got to get the waste there. Oh and build it/maintain it... Would probably never be a net produce or energy but it's the thought that counts...

I agree enery is lost, but there is real life ways to get somthing for nothing all over the place. I completely disagree with your statement.

Solar, water, wind, lava heat, tidal force, gravity forces, nuclear. There is alot of ways to get some kind of energy happening without needing to sacrifice a significant loss.

I lost previous (longer) post somehow, so I'll summerize up what I said.

that would make all of the cars burn more gas, because they are powering the generator. You can't get something for nothing.

You are correct it might require more gas, but then again it might not. I dont know where can derive this from when you have no idea what this kind of gravity run generator would cause a car to burn a more significant amount of fuel. Are you telling me that if that if bridges from now on were designed in such a way to create a large quantity of power instead of being million dollor projects that do more than sit and rot and create transportation, that you would go to say the cars burn more gas so its just a waiste of an idea?

Excuse me if I am offening anyone through my posts I am sorry, but I am saying what I beleive as real life, realist solutions to real life problems.

Cars burn more gas all the time, you cant avoid stopping and going(that burns the most gas than anything), driving up hills burns more gas, carrying heavier amounts of weight burns more gas too.

The reality is, there is like I proved ealier thousands of millions of relentless pounds of never ending force in our country today. With less than 50% efficiency, where the force can be captured econimically and direct another 50% back into the energy total to fill in the gap so to speak.

China for example has a very high population. Cities are plugged plum full with people and traffic. Energy is not sufficient. 10million people in the city streets weight 100lbs each, makes 1billion pounds moving around correct? Seems to me that there sure is an aweful lot of force there, find a way to harness it is another thing. This might sound absolutly rediculous but with that many people constantly, constantly plugging up every area and means of transperations they could move themselves!. A bus built ultra light with a driver section and 100 spots in there to pedal to power the vehicle would be excersice, clean, powerful, efficient, reliable mode of transporting. With a large mass of people all delivering power to the vehicle I assure you would be amazed at how wellt he vehicle could get around in a croweded city. WIth a place like china the bus would never go empty for a vehicle that would cost nothing to transport in.

Besides exercise is good for you, this neverend technological climb of everything done for you is causeing major problems in our world today. Please do not critisize me on this idea for it is simple just an example that I came up with in 10seconds of way to harness human force. People HAVE to, absolutly have to get around to survive. Traffic, both vehicular and pedestrianal congestion is more of an obstical in dailey life than biking in a light weight car pool through the city(making more room).

with solar water wind etc. etc. you aren't getting something for nothing.

with wind you are getting the energy from the kinetic energy of the wind, it hits the fan causes it to spin and then the fan powers the generator, the wind that is directly behind the blade moves slower than the wind that hit the blade.

water, same principle

solar, getting energy from the sun

the rest, still getting energy from somewhere

Edit aftewr reading your second post,

the reason the car would burn more gas is because it takes the same amount of energy to fall as it does to clie back up to the top of the roadway again. so there is no net gain of energy, and the system is far less efficient than just building a large powerplant that burns gas for the express purpose of producing electricity.

as for the other idea of a bus being powered by people, people would need to eat more food to compensate for the amount of energy there using daily. Since it takes more energy to grow food (I will admit I don't have a statistic for this just seems logical) than to drill for oil and refine it, the total effect is a decrease in the energy efficiency of our society.

as a side note, it takes gasoline to distribute the food and such, so I believe with good reason it is more efficient to just use gasoline.

I think you need to study newtonian mechanics a little bit, and especially conservation of energy. You cannot get an output for no input.

Big lifts that lower into the grand canyon, put waste onto them at the top lower to the bottom on the way down power generators, it'd work. The only problem is it'd fill up, and you've got to get the waste there. Oh and build it/maintain it... Would probably never be a net produce or energy but it's the thought that counts...

From an engineering, environmental, and waste management standpoint (unfortunately it's not as practical, though), it would be far superior to dig a very long vertical shaft into the ground and surround it with wire. This outer "pipe" would house a ginormous (how's that for scientific ;-P ) magnetic tubes connected to an iron platform (via magnetic attraction) in the center of the magnetic tubes, and would serve as a garbage platform. Put the rubbish on that and let it accelerate (don't worry about evacuating the tube or anything) until it reaches a huge velocity. The magnet will generate electricity in the wire. When the iron platform hits the bottom of the hole, the entire thing will vaporize. No more trash, and power generated in the process. If you want even more power, cause the trash capsule to spin on its way down.

The reality is, there is like I proved ealier thousands of millions of relentless pounds of never ending force in our country today. With less than 50% efficiency, where the force can be captured econimically and direct another 50% back into the energy total to fill in the gap so to speak.

Problem here is that the force is being put into moving a vehicle. There isn't any force (other than gravity itself) in the vertical direction. A better solution here would be to have a thermal generator (just put the gas chamber of a supermassive sterling-cycle engine beneath the road) that functions during the summer. Ever notice how incredibly hot pavement gets in the summer? (Note that this energy is ultimately coming from the sun).

First off, I appologize for the grammer in most of my posts. I should go back and edit them before I post, but there is reasons I cant sometimes.

with solar water wind etc. etc. you aren't getting something for nothing.

with wind you are getting the energy from the kinetic energy of the wind, it hits the fan causes it to spin and then the fan powers the generator, the wind that is directly behind the blade moves slower than the wind that hit the blade.

water, same principle

solar, getting energy from the sun

the rest, still getting energy from somewhere

as for the other idea of a bus being powered by people, people would need to eat more food to compensate for the amount of energy there using daily. Since it takes more energy to grow food (I will admit I don't have a statistic for this just seems logical) than to drill for oil and refine it, the total effect is a decrease in the energy efficiency of our society.

I think that alot of that is obvious information and goes without saying. Yes it is impossible to make energry from nothing as far as we know today.

Although when I was refering to water, wind, solar sources of energy I was saying that you can create energy from them without using anything. They are natural forces that we can capture in such a way to create electricity from them without using up any energy that is relevent to our survival.

This is becoming an ever frustrating discussio. Each time I lay down a concept or idea for a quick example that branches off from the main idea the response I get is corrections and lectures, and I find it likewise amusing!

the reason the car would burn more gas is because it takes the same amount of energy to fall as it does to clie back up to the top of the roadway again. so there is no net gain of energy, and the system is far less efficient than just building a large powerplant that burns gas for the express purpose of producing electricity.

I have not described any specific details on how this generator would function. There would be know climbing of hills involved. There would be no excess burning of fuel. I dont mean to get into anything personal with you but can you stop with the simple physics. To me it seems you are not understanding the point made here.

We burn fuel every day in life to get to work and to get home and for hundreds of other reason. It will remain this way for some time to come. Agreed?

While we come with ways to develope alternative means of creating power for electricity and cars and things like that we will continue doing what we do. agreed?

I am no university qualified engineer, but I do consider myself to understand the logic and mechanics of things as good as anyone else. This type of generator for electricity could be implemented all around large cities. They could be put into places where the speed limit requires you to slow down or on downhill areas of roadway. This way no excess fuel would be used, even though that does not matter, for the oil problem is current and inevitable. realistically even if you did use a bit more fuel while driving over such a machine for 10 seconds, the difference would be out of the equation. Gasoline engines are not a 100% efficient machine, far from it as you know. So loss of energy is inevitible.

I dont think I am going to discuss this on here any longer because there is no forward progess being made. I thank everyone for adding what they have, although unrelated to my point so I will leave things here for now and probably get back with something much more informative and more thought out detailed examples.

It is a real time solution to real life problems at this point. Not a solution to instanious global change but a solution to start the progression of capturing the lost energies. This concept is actually being put into place all around right now. It just seems everyone is on the right track but arent looking around them at the bigger picture. :embarass:

Problem here is that the force is being put into moving a vehicle. There isn't any force (other than gravity itself) in the vertical direction.

No, my point is the moving car is the force! Think of moving cars like wind or water, even people, or anything really moving by human force. I am talking about using those forces (without causing a loss of efficiency in the already existing ways) to make power.