Past Unknown Meteor/Asteroid Strike

wp43545

Has anyone noticed the 2 large asteroid/meteor strikes north and south of South America? Looks like one took out a land bridge. If you trace the strikes and imagine the tsunami wave sand....  look at North Africa, The Southern tip of Africa, and Australia. Look at the color of that sand! So many questions here!

Thank you

16 minutes ago, wp43545 said:

Has anyone noticed the 2 large asteroid/meteor strikes north and south of South America?

You'll have to be a bit more specific. "North and South of South America" covers a pretty large area.

The northern path is from Cuba to the tip of the country. It fractured the tectonic plate.

You can get a really good view with the volcanoes & earthquakes app I have on my phone.

16 minutes ago, wp43545 said:

You are not thinking big enough. Asteroid slide.... angle of the impact. Some bounce! It is there plain as day, right in front of your nose! Think bigger!

Can you give us any evidence of a meteorite sliding after striking the Earth? How would that work? What would a meteor have to made of to allow it to survive impact and slide? 

I'm guessing you are referring to the apparent 'furrow' running roughly E-W from the SE end of Cuba to the coast of Belize.

Caribbean_Sea_Gulf_of_Mexico_shaded_relief_bathymetry_land_map.thumb.png.9d2066544e181b7bb3ff12e73e9368ee.png

Compare with a tectonic map of the Caribbean area

Caribbean_plate_tectonics-en.png.36ee225ed20fe8438a203722fbb15b32.png

The feature clearly aligns with the northern boundary of the Caribbean plate, comprising two E-W transform faults flanking a small N-S trending rift zone. 

Yes, it looks like a furrow. But it's tectonic, not extraterrestrial in origin.

Edited by sethoflagos

4 hours ago, wp43545 said:

You are not thinking big enough. Asteroid slide.... angle of the impact. Some bounce! It is there plain as day, right in front of your nose! Think bigger!

Again, please provide a citation for sliding/bouncing asteroids, an asteroid impact releases outrageous amounts of energy. We need to see the justification for sliding/bouncing asteroids. 

Hmm... If it is a furrow as you say? How else would you explain the bottom of the ocean on top of North Africa, and do not forget the diamonds that were littered about the sand like common rocks (The German"s farmed the diamonds before WWII).  

4 minutes ago, wp43545 said:

Hmm... If it is a furrow as you say? How else would you explain the bottom of the ocean on top of North Africa, and do not forget the diamonds that were littered about the sand like common rocks (The German"s farmed the diamonds before WWII).  

It would be helpful if you could provide sources, am\nd more detail, for your claims. i.e. what you’re referring to that’s at the bottom of the ocean on top of North Africa, and the diamonds. 

On 2/7/2024 at 8:11 PM, wp43545 said:

Please give an example of a bouncing asteroid. 

5 minutes ago, wp43545 said:

I really do not care to argue about the subject. I just wanted to bring this to someone's attention. CYA

Your premise is flawed, impacting asteroids do not slide or bounce like a bullet hitting the ground would, asteroids would not be physically strong enough. You made this claim and touted it as true over and over while never giving a single example of this happening or even if it could happen. I would suggest you bring some evidence to back up your assertion before you try to bring baseless assertions to our attention.   

9 hours ago, wp43545 said:

I really do not care to argue about the subject. I just wanted to bring this to someone's attention. CYA

!

Moderator Note

Then you've missed the point of a science discussion board. Since you aren't willing to back up your claims, this is closed.