Nothing and The Creation

Ant Sinclair

I was recently scrolling down a group's posts who's page name was Intelligent Design, one member of the group had posted telling "Atheists: Life Created itself from Nothing", to which I replied "Do others believe it is impossible for nothing to exist?". The OP replied "I agree, there is no "nothing". I suppose the word Nothing could be highly debatable in itself,  but let's presume Nothing means No Energy, Absolute Zero, absence of Atoms, Particles or Electromagnetic Fields, what remains?

I read quite a while ago of the Chaldean account of creation in the Chaldean Chronicles, of how the Invisible Spirit at some "time" became aware/sentient, but where was the Invisible Spirit before it became aware/Sentient?

The OP quoted at me the following when I told him I was endeavouring to find out what happened at the very beginning when "nothing" became "something";

"That beginning is already there

As Vedas say "that which exists can never cease to exist. That which does not exist can never begin to exist "

You have been miseducated"

I agree there has to be "something" and it is impossible for "something" never to have existed, but, I also believe "nothing" has existed. Something came from Nothing, but how?

Edited by Ant Sinclair
Grammar

The conversation with the OP I mentioned above continued, another quote he made was "All that exists is part of God", to which I replied "where did the All originate from?"

If there was as I mentioned earlier no Atoms, Particles, Electromagnetic Fields, Absolute Zero K, Zero Energy, what would remain - Dimensions and Potential?, if there was a Capacity or say a Volume, and say that Volume was shaped as a Cube of 1m side length, it's Volume would be 1mx1mx1m = 1m³, but what else is present?  When you look at the Cube it contains a point to point line, a square and a Cube, could this be written 1m¹+1m²+1m³, would this equal 3m⁶ equalling 729m? 

Edited by Ant Sinclair

23 minutes ago, Ant Sinclair said:

When you look at the Cube it contains a point to point line, a square and a Cube, could this be written 1m¹+1m²+1m³, would this equal 3m⁶ equalling 729m? 

No.

32 minutes ago, Ant Sinclair said:

It's said "a linear quantity cannot be added to an area to a volume.",  does the Cube contain all three? Is the Cube not a sum of all 3 values, they all exist within it?

No.

24 minutes ago, Ant Sinclair said:

So youre saying the Cube doesn't contain a line, an area and a Volume, some could say "No" is very vague

That wasn’t your original assertion.

“When you look at the Cube it contains a point to point line, a square and a Cube, could this be written 1m¹+1m²+1m³, would this equal 3m⁶ equalling 729m?”

The equation is incorrect. Nonsensical, in fact. It is in no way the equivalent of saying a cube contains a line, area and volume.

1 hour ago, Ant Sinclair said:

So youre saying the Cube doesn't contain a line, an area and a Volume, some could say "No" is very vague

No I’m not saying that.  Your previous statement was different and made no sense.

Neither “a line” nor “an area” are “values” unless specified, which you did not do. And you can’t add a linear measurement to a measured area. Both of these things are obvious.