Notifications (split from Artificial Consciousness Is Impossible)

1 hour ago, AIkonoklazt said:

Why am I still getting email notifications from someone I blocked?

I think you get notifications from anyone who responds to your posts. Does it give you a general notice and then tell you it's from a person you blocked? That would be annoying, but if it's telling you what that person posted when you made it clear you want them blocked, then this needs to be fixed.

It's a long time since I had any emails about posts (several upgrades and new softwares ago).

I still get emails about personal messages though and that is welcome.

But aren't notifications now just popups when you are actually logged on ?

You probably subscribed to the thread or have too many email notifications enabled on your user profile. 

Either way, issue is of your own creation and can only be solved by changing your preference selections

9 hours ago, Phi for All said:

I think you get notifications from anyone who responds to your posts. Does it give you a general notice and then tell you it's from a person you blocked? That would be annoying, but if it's telling you what that person posted when you made it clear you want them blocked, then this needs to be fixed.

10 hours ago, swansont said:

Do you get notifications from that person? That doesn’t seem right. Other members don’t have your email.

I see options to get notifications from SFN when new content is posted in a thread you follow.

It must be from the notification for new content in a followed thread. I see the regular email titled "Your Science Forums digest" and then it has this partial message from the person I blocked. I guess if I want to still monitor a thread with a blocked person, I'd have to set up an email filter (I already did. I don't think I'll end up blocking anyone else, so this one extra filter is fine I guess.)