Smart water meter, can I read it myself?

wotsallthis

Hello all, I hope I have the correct category.

Affinity installed a Itron Everblue Cyble water meter in my front garden.

I can't find any figures. Can I read it myself or do I have to rely on the smart readings please? I like to check my bills

Enclosed is a terrible picture, it's a long way down.

Greetings

IMG_0011.JPG

There is a fairly inexpensive thing called an endoscope. You plug into a micro-USB and/or USB-C port on a smartphone or laptop.

e.g.

https://www.ebay.pl/itm/295610266250

You can record video and take photos of better quality than from a distance.

Search the web for the phrase "USB endoscope led lights".

Alternatively, you can connect your smartphone to the selfie stick and start recording video or take a photo from a distance with the button.. Extends up to 1 m-1.5 meters.

Taking pictures in a dark place requires the use of a flash and/or an external light source to illuminate them.

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

There is a fairly inexpensive thing called an endoscope. You plug into a micro-USB and/or USB-C port on a smartphone or laptop.

e.g.

https://www.ebay.pl/itm/295610266250

You can record video and take photos of better quality than from a distance.

Search the web for the phrase "USB endoscope led lights".

it's a radio device.

Surely, if it's a smart meter, you can go online and check your current reading and previous readings? 

I thought that was the whole point of a smart meter ?? I haven't got one, but that would be the least I would expect from one. 

I can see previous readings on my electric and gas pages. I put them on a graph, and can tell if I'm using more or less than my historical average, but that's on monthly readings and estimates. A smart meter would have up-top-date info, I would think. 

• 3 weeks later...