why i can't delete my account?

i don't ask my messages to get removed

i was thinking i could delete my account and then create a new one, using the same email address

so i guess i would first have to change the email address of my current one, then drop it

then i could create a new account using my real email address

if you propose to manually do it, please don't but add a button so everyone could

i think keeping only posts but deleting username/avatar/signature etc, would be good.

Edited by raphaelh42

3 hours ago, raphaelh42 said:

i don't ask my messages to get removed

Deleting your account would result in the removal of your posts. That’s one reason we don’t do it.

Starting a new account when you already have one isn’t permitted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 3:07 PM, swansont said:

Deleting your account would result in the removal of your posts. That’s one reason we don’t do it.

i appreciate your explanation

i guess that only the website owner could change this behavior

On 6/19/2023 at 3:42 PM, Phi for All said:

What's the goal here?

i like to restart from scratch sometimes, without having to use another email address for that

Edited by raphaelh42

18 minutes ago, raphaelh42 said:

i like to restart from scratch sometimes, without having to use another email address for that

....hmm... one of the funniest things I've read this month..

Try this with your wife..

2 hours ago, raphaelh42 said:

!

Moderator Note

I'm not following you. Restart what, exactly? This is a science discussion forum. We talk about sciencey stuff, in a threaded, written format. Each conversation basically stands on its own merit. From scratch? Other than post count, why begin again?

This isn't something Moderators can do, so I want to know this isn't some whim before I drag an Admin away from trying to earn their funding or get out ahead of their lab work. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2023 at 10:02 PM, Phi for All said:

Restart what, exactly?

Restart linking data to my account, like when you just create one

On 6/30/2023 at 10:02 PM, Phi for All said:

why begin again?

To decrease the risks that some people get influenced by other posts I made, when they would write on the new threads I would open

To increase the focus on the thread and the the efficiency of the shared information

________

I mostly wanted my account to get deleted after my report thread on a lsd experience got closed, I expected the community to be able to express themself if they had some ideas about what kind of phenomenons happened to me, such as states of mind that are studied, like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_death#Scientific_research...

Btw I'm surprised we can talk about religions but not about drugs

Would that mean that if lsd was not illegal, you wouldn't have closed my thread

Would that mean you let governments decide what you can study

The disappointment was over but it just came back after realizing this

The only messages i received on this thread was 1 like the one from Sensei above

I mean provocation, like they are smarter

And the other one was from a moderator meaning the references are not useful as part of a discussion

In this thread I didn't write "Could you help me to understand what happened to me?"

because I felt embarrassed/disturbed

Would that have prevented my thread from getting closed? (this is a real question)

12 minutes ago, raphaelh42 said:

Btw I'm surprised we can talk about religions but not about drugs

You can. The rule says “References to drug use are not permissible unless the references are scientific or otherwise useful as part of a discussion.”

You can’t tell stories about drug use, or related illegal activities. You want to talk about how a drug interacts with the body that you found in a journal article? Sure, go for it.

7 minutes ago, swansont said:

You want to talk about how a drug interacts with the body that you found in a journal article?

I don't understand your phrase

Do you mean like if I read in a journal someone's words about how a drug interacts with the body, then we can continue to talk about it here?

I'm not sure to understand what you mean by references, I expected the info in my thread to be "references", such as

- 350µg

- like the beginning of a video, being rewind to the ultimate beginning

- yellowish light

- reassuring

- [...]idea of good or bad, like it cancels

I made a reference about the feeling of reassurance, isn't that a reference?

Don't people talk about reassurance and bright light during Near-death experiences? (this is not a real question)

I can understand that you don't like my way of telling my experience, such as the extra info like "I felt I saw like the source of the universe"

But I don't understand that you mean this is not useful as part of a discussion, I would appreciate if you help me to understand.

Me what I guess is that the way of telling the experience and the extra info added, probably due to the fact the experience happened like just 24h before, made you miss some info as the above, that imo can be useful to understand what was that

But again, if I don't understand that this is not useful as part of a discussion, I would appreciate if you help me to understand.

1 hour ago, raphaelh42 said:

I don't understand your phrase

Do you mean like if I read in a journal someone's words about how a drug interacts with the body, then we can continue to talk about it here?

I'm not sure to understand what you mean by references, I expected the info in my thread to be "references", such as

- 350µg

- like the beginning of a video, being rewind to the ultimate beginning

- yellowish light

- reassuring

- [...]idea of good or bad, like it cancels

I made a reference about the feeling of reassurance, isn't that a reference?

I mean in a medical journal. Like “LSD affects the action of the brain chemical serotonin”

1 hour ago, raphaelh42 said:

Don't people talk about reassurance and bright light during Near-death experiences? (this is not a real question)

I can understand that you don't like my way of telling my experience, such as the extra info like "I felt I saw like the source of the universe"

But I don't understand that you mean this is not useful as part of a discussion, I would appreciate if you help me to understand.

Me what I guess is that the way of telling the experience and the extra info added, probably due to the fact the experience happened like just 24h before, made you miss some info as the above, that imo can be useful to understand what was that

But again, if I don't understand that this is not useful as part of a discussion, I would appreciate if you help me to understand.

A near-death experience is not inherently an illegal act.

Seems to me he was pretty clear...

Moderator Note

From rule 2.3

References to drug use are not permissible unless the references are scientific or otherwise useful as part of a discussion

Your post was about drug use, it was not a scientific reference, and there was no discussion or invitation to discuss.

8 hours ago, raphaelh42 said:

@swansont

Are you able to confirm that you closed my thread because the info provided was not useful as part of a discussion?

Or because it was my personal info and not references from a journal?

One of these needed to be true, and neither one was.