bad quality bluetooth and cancer

kenny1999

For a long time, it's said bluetooth could cause cancer which is something I don't believe because if that's the case, it should have risen concern by the general public.

However, I hope this is not a stupid question.  What if a bluetooth device is made very poorly for sake of reducing the cost, or if it is made by an unqualified someone or factory, would it increase the any health risk to the end user?

Or that said, is level or amount of radiation emitted relate to the how well the bluetooth is made?

Edited by kenny1999

Since it’s not ionizing radiation, the damage would be from heating tissue up (unless someone has found some was there is a resonant interaction at the associated frequency that impacts chemical reactions). The power levels of things like bluetooth and wi-fi are lower than levels that cause damage.

There are also regulating bodies in many countries that prevent the sale of “poorly made” devices 

4 hours ago, swansont said:

Since it’s not ionizing radiation, the damage would be from heating tissue up (unless someone has found some was there is a resonant interaction at the associated frequency that impacts chemical reactions). The power levels of things like bluetooth and wi-fi are lower than levels that cause damage.

There are also regulating bodies in many countries that prevent the sale of “poorly made” devices 

So, even if someone only focuses on cost and makes something poorly, a cheap bluetooth device shouldn't emit exccessive radiation than a decent one, is that right?

Edited by kenny1999

1 hour ago, kenny1999 said:

So, even if someone only focuses on cost and makes something poorly, a cheap bluetooth device shouldn't emit exccessive radiation than a decent one, is that right?

If it’s sold in a country that regulates EM emissions/interference, yes.

One of my past jobs was to test regulated radiation equipment for leakage for the Province I live in. Canucks here.

Anyways though the job never entailed testing wifi or Bluetooth devices. Rather it more involved industrial and commercial equipment such as xray machines.

I had access to the test equipment so had the curiosity to test the available Bluetooth and wifi devices in the lab. 

You can barely get a reading, I could get far greater radiation reading from the sun standing outside than I could any Bluetooth or wifi device.

Due to tight regulations that typically applied to the industrial, medical and commercial x ray machines. Medical naturally has a higher risk while an image is being taken the exposure time is minimal. Subsequently a far lower risk than standing outside on a sunny day.

• 2 months later...

I understand it may be a stupid question but I am really not educated enough on science, and sometimes, I find that my common sense may be wrong.

Could cheap bluetooth device cause a higher health risk when used for a long time?

I'd like to get the most original wireless earsets but they are also the most expensive one. 

Sometimes there are many less expensive alternatives but I don't even know who makes it or where it is made. In addition, I have been hearing that bluetooth is linked to health issues like cancer.

Could poorly made bluetooth device cause a higher health risk?

14 minutes ago, kenny1999 said:

I have been hearing that bluetooth is linked to health issues like cancer.

Such claims are spread by conspiracy theorists, Internet trolls, and spy agencies of an enemy foreign state..

3 hours ago, Sensei said:

Such claims are spread by conspiracy theorists, Internet trolls, and spy agencies of an enemy foreign state..

In other words, is it true that even a bluetooth device is cheap, poorly made by an unknown manufacturer, chances are it's perfectly safe to human?

15 hours ago, kenny1999 said:

In other words, is it true that even a bluetooth device is cheap, poorly made by an unknown manufacturer, chances are it's perfectly safe to human?

... Bluetooth, its radio waves, are quite harmless.... Your body emits photons with thousands of times more energy than BT..

If someone intentionally made a device out of radioactively contaminated material, it would be a different story. People do things like this from time to time to save or make money..

You eat slightly radioactively contaminated food every day. Vegetables take up radioactive Carbon C-14 carbon from the air.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon-14